1200 flight from MCO.. can it be made?

RickinStl

On 2/3/2019 at 9:48 AM, RickinStl said:

Just wondering if I'd be cutting it too close to make a noon flight out of MCO..  We're on Harmony September  8-22 2019

We are on the Harmony Cruise for the second leg (Sept 15)

Last summer we got off Allure, got our rental car, and we were walking into Universal Studios by 930am.

I would recommend getting off the ship as soon as you can. We took our own luggage off. If you do the luggage tags, it will be tough to get though in time.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 10:48 AM, RickinStl said:

Just wondering if I'd be cutting it too close to make a noon flight out of MCO..  We're on Harmony September  8-22 2019

The Oasis class ships are very good to start letting people off early.  I would do self assist and have a pre-arranged shuttle lined up.

if you do this I don’t think you will have a problem at all...

unless there is an incident on the road between the port and the airport you should have no problems ...... and Sunday is a low traffic time so probability of an incident is low.

you will probably report back how you were SWIMMING in time .....

Edited by Capt_BJ

On 2/9/2019 at 3:29 PM, Capt_BJ said:

unless there is an incident on the road between the port and the airport you should have no problems ...... and Sunday is a low traffic time so probability of an incident is low.

you will probably report back how you were SWIMMING in time .....

More than likely... I remember doing self disembarkation on Explorer and how much time we had left over just sitting in the airport.. 

Shouldn’t be a problem.  Just make sure you get off ASAP (maybe walk off), and have a good plan for transportation to the airport.

We used Uber a lot this month for our Symphony cruise.  However, I had a very hard time connecting to the app once we were back at Terminal A.  We ended up using a shuttle company that was there.  It worked out ok, since our flight was at 2... but note, the whole shuttle experience was over an hour for us!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2019 at 8:29 AM, vacationlover_mn said:

Shouldn’t be a problem.  Just make sure you get off ASAP (maybe walk off), and have a good plan for transportation to the airport.

We used Uber a lot this month for our Symphony cruise.  However, I had a very hard time connecting to the app once we were back at Terminal A.  We ended up using a shuttle company that was there.  It worked out ok, since our flight was at 2... but note, the whole shuttle experience was over an hour for us!

I meant to say “walk off with your luggage ;)”

On 2/28/2019 at 2:22 AM, 6fan said:

I have rented a car , used cortrans and each time I have been in airport past security before 10 am. the caveat being that I carried my own luggage off

Do you recommend Cortran’s?  We have a noon flight and know we’ll need to self disembark. Or would you recommend renting a car instead?

On 3/6/2019 at 7:49 PM, mbjonsn said:

Do you recommend Cortran’s?  We have a noon flight and know we’ll need to self disembark. Or would you recommend renting a car instead?

I would use cortrans..When I used them we had a latter time and they just loaded us in an earlier time and away we went. I think we were in the Cortrans van by 815 and at airport just after 9 and through security by 940

On 3/6/2019 at 10:49 PM, mbjonsn said:

Unless your flight is later, after about 2:00 or so, when you have time for a fun lunch before heading to the airport, I would use a shuttle. Simpler than renting the car, driving, topping off with gas, return, etc.

4 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Unless your flight is later, after about 2:00 or so, when you have time for a fun lunch before heading to the airport, I would use a shuttle. Simpler than renting the car, driving, topping off with gas, return, etc.

Thanks so much!

6 hours ago, 6fan said:

I would use cortrans..When I used them we had a latter time and they just loaded us in an earlier time and away we went. I think we were in the Cortrans van by 815 and at airport just after 9 and through security by 940

Perfect!  Thanks. 

On 2/7/2019 at 9:55 AM, ballonewb said:

We are on the Harmony Cruise for the second leg (Sept 15)

Last summer we got off Allure, got our rental car, and we were walking into Universal Studios by 930am.

I would recommend getting off the ship as soon as you can. We took our own luggage off. If you do the luggage tags, it will be tough to get though in time.

We'll have to meet and have a drink onboard

We sailed out of Port Canaveral last year and had a 2pm return flight at MCO. We were off the ship and at the airport by about 9:15. The line for check-in at the American Airline counter was ridiculous (we like to check our bags on the return flight so we don't have to deal with them). Fortunately, we were able to do the priority line that only had about 10 people in it, instead of the 200+ in the regular line. When we got to the counter they told us they couldn't check any bags for flights after 12pm, so we would have to lug our bag around with us for almost 3 hours. Thankfully, the nice ticket agent was able to rebook us on an earlier flight leaving at 11:30am, still in First so our bags could be checked for free.

Long story short...this time we've already booked a flight for 11:40am and I am not at all worried about making it in time.

• 2 weeks later...

We’re on Harmony on 9/22 and are considering booking a 12:45pm flight home.  We’ll have a car service scheduled to pick us up at the pier but won’t do self disembarkation.  Hopefully it won’t be a problem since we’ll come back on a Sunday.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had a 10:45am flight at MCO this past January.  Self debark, in cab by 7:10am airport 45 minutes later.  We just jumped in the first cab we saw.  We were through security and eating a sit down breakfast by our gate before 9am. 

Edited by AGard

On 2/9/2019 at 1:25 PM, RickinStl said:

I booked the 1200 out of MCO to STL..  Im almost positive it can be done 

I think so too. We are looking at either a noon or 12:15 flight. We sail on Harmony August the 25th. I think a week after you sail. 

On 2/16/2019 at 9:29 AM, vacationlover_mn said:

We should be off on the first suite walk off and using a car service to get to MCO. I think we might use a porter on departure here as well as I hear they have a separate line.  We also have Global Entry so it might help as well. 

At the airport we will be able to use business class check in and expedited security.  I think if we depart the ship around 7:30 we should be good. Boarding would be around 11:30 so if things fall into place than we are good.