Cannot stay logged in.

Well, this is my first visit today.  When I clicked on my CC link, it immediately came up and I'm already logged in.  No delay while the log in logged me into Cruise Critic and then logs in again, so I can read my Roll call.  

My username was automatically there.  

Hope things are "fixed".  Time will tell.

While I don't understand most things "tech-y", I think the new site that CC went to just wasn't up to handling the needs for the Cruise Critic world.  Seems to me if you change something, and then have to "tweak" every function it has, it's not the right change.

16 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Sorry, but they aren't.  I just came back here on my laptop to find myself logged out yet again.  Several times today already.

Yes, I see I spoke too soon.

This time, when I came to CC, I'm logged out again......😠

3 hours ago, hpeabody said:

This is day 3 where I am required now to log-In each time I am in a new browser session.  I use Firefox.  Anyone else experiencing this?  This is a new issue among many with Cruise Critic.

Today was the first time I have experienced this in a very long time.  Three times so far today I have had to log in each time I came back to CC.

I am using Chrome.

37 minutes ago, sppunk said:

Even if you refresh you are logged out. 

CC is borderline unusable since the software upgrade. They should get some money off the vendor implementation contract. 

Not always.  This time I was still logged in when I came back.

5 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Not always.  This time I was still logged in when I came back.

Not me.  I just came back, but was not logged in.  Whatever the problem is, it's definitely gotten worse.  I wonder if clearing the current CC cookie might help?  I'll try it...

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

Not me.  I just came back, but was not logged in.  Whatever the problem is, it's definitely gotten worse.  I wonder if clearing the current CC cookie might help?  I'll try it...

Clearing the cookies did NOT help.  I logged on after I cleared the cookies, closed my browser, went away for awhile, came back, and I'm no longer logged on.  

14 minutes ago, Sauer-kraut said:

Why is there no longer a "remember me" box to check on the log in page.  I'm tired of loggig in every time I enter this website.  A great way to lose members!

There's no longer a "remember me" box because the CC cookies are supposed to keep you logged in.  The problem is that, intermittently, they don't.  This is a known issue as discussed above, and, unfortunately, for the past couple of days, the problem has been particularly bad.

3 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Not a problem, but a pain in the neck for those of us who check in here frequently during the day.

Yes, sort of a pain but takes less than 20 seconds so it's better than not being able to get on at all.  

3 minutes ago, whogo said:

Fix it, Cruise Critic. Please.

I'm beginning to think they have passed the "fix it" stage with the new site.

Everytime they "fix" something, something else goes bad.

Edited by Shmoo here

Same issue with both Safari and Chrome.  Honestly if weren't for our amazing roll call for our next cruise, I'd just give up on this site.  It used to be my go-to for cruise info, but ever since they revamped it, the technical issues have made it so frustrating it's really not worth it anymore.

Am I the only one who can go into Cruise Critic multiple times over a two or three day period without signing in again?

Then I’ll have days like today when I have to sign in each and every time I come back even 15 minutes later!

Why the huge disparity?

It is beyond irritating especially when for years once logged on I stayed on. 

Just now, jagsfan said:

Am I the only one who can go into Cruise Critic multiple times over a two or three day period without signing in again?

Then I’ll have days like today when I have to sign in each and every time I come back even 15 minutes later!

Why the huge disparity?

The issue of people remaining signed in has been around ever since the change to the new site.  Some people had to start signing in all the time, while others "remember me" sign in remained in effect.

That said, beginning yesterday, it seems that everyone is having to sign in multiple times a day now.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

I'm beginning to think they have passed the "fix it" stage with the new site.

Everytime they "fix" something, something else goes bad.

Amen. It just gets worse- something else goes bad every few days. 

Now I too have the "need to login every time I go to cc" issue.

This on top of the return (from last year) of stopped email notifications for posts to subscribed threads.

Jenn K from "cc help" is trying valiantly to address my issue(s) and deserves kudos. But, I think the various problems being encountered (not just by me) are somewhat related to the new site's hard coding issues as well as mediocre tech support and these just won't get fixed anytime soon.

Hopefully, a return to the iOS app for iphone users will fix some of this.

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Why the huge disparity?

This (and some of the other issues) may be hard coding errors. If so, don't expect a fix anytime soon.