Anyone Know How We Book On Opening Day?

uromac

3 minutes ago, TITISSA said:

I will wait for real cruisers' pictures and reviews. No need to rush into it. But I wish you all who are booked a wonderful time. Come back and let us know. Who knows,I might get the Scarlet bug again...

I’m kind of in the same boat so to speak.  I’m certain I’ll sail on VV at some point because I love sailing on new ships and experiences, but I no longer feel any urgency.  The ship will be sailing out of my back yard on short itineraries that are frankly meh, so I feel I’ll be able to jump aboard at any point. I’m comfortable with waiting until others have tested out the product first, and I truly hope the love it and report back great things.  I really really want to love this new product, but I’m not there yet by a long shot.  Still hoping though! 

3 minutes ago, eroller said:

I’m kind of in the same boat so to speak.  I’m certain I’ll sail on VV at some point because I love sailing on new ships and experiences, but I no longer feel any urgency.  The ship will be sailing out of my back yard on short itineraries that are frankly meh, so I feel I’ll be able to jump aboard at any point. I’m comfortable with waiting until others have tested out the product first, and I truly hope the love it and report back great things.  I really really want to love this new product, but I’m not there yet by a long shot.  Still hoping though! 

I'm in South Florida as well. Getting to POM is just a train ride away, love the Brightline. I also really want to like VV because like yourself, I love new ships and new experiences. But, in this case, I'm going to wait and see. Besides, the lady who took my reservation said that I only had 7 days to cancel after making the reservation. After that no refunds, the money would go towards another booking. 

1 minute ago, TITISSA said:

IBesides, the lady who took my reservation said that I only had 7 days to cancel after making the reservation. After that no refunds, the money would go towards another booking. 

Their cancelation policy is to deter speculative bookings.  Helps them better control inventory and yield management.  I have a feeling other cruise lines will follow. We already have the majors offering refundable and non-refundable fares just like airlines.  So you really have to be certain you want to go. I’ll take my chances and hopefully jump on a last minute deal during the off season.  

Virgin's cancellation policy isn't that bad because even if I can't make the date I originally scheduled, or if a more appealing itinerary gets added in the future, I can apply the full value of the deposit to the new date.  I know I'm going to cruise anyway, so there's little risk involved.  This is much better than Royal Caribbean's non-refundable deposits that penalize you $100 per person if you decide to change dates.

On 2/5/2019 at 4:19 PM, lavaflow99 said:

Finally got a call back and was able to book a solo insider room for the Havana after Dark sailing August 12 for $1200.  The person I spoke to was super nice and I can only imagine how crazy things have been for them on this first day of sales.

I look forward to hearing all about it!

3 minutes ago, MBP1 said:

Anyone heard about when November bookings open up? 

All they say on their website is this:

Why can't I see voyage dates far into the future?

Virgin Voyages plans to release sailing dates about twice a year, likely in the Spring and Fall. Please check back for future dates.

I'm guessing this counts as the spring release, so check back in 6-8 months or so.

1 hour ago, LisaAtlCruiser said:

I booked today!  I logged in just after 9am ET and was all booked within 5 minutes.  So excited to try something new.  I am "loyal to Royal" but the appeal of an all adult line was too much to resist.

For my time zone, my confirmation email came in at 8:03 a.m. I'm so psyched for this. Waiting 18 months will be excruciating lol.