How do you pass the time until your next Carnival Cruise?

emoorehead

So you have booked your cruise and now you are counting down the days until embarkment. What do you do to fill the time between booking and sailing? How do you keep yourself occupied so you don't go cruise crazy waiting to get onboard?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Spend time working, doing things with family and friends, participating in sports and hobbies...basically living and enjoying life as much as possible.  We love cruising and try not to go more than 90 days between cruises, but there is a lot more to life than cruising. 

• Like 1

Watching Youtube videos, reading CC, joining groups for our cruise on other social media, scrapbooking (family events and pictures from our last cruise), reading about the new ports we will be visiting and then the mundane things like housekeeping, cooking, buying groceries, and looking for deals on the items we will need for the upcoming cruise.

Warmer days I hit the beach and hang out with friends. Some of whom cruise with us. Pop a top or sip on a glass of wine.   Shut my eyes and listen to the waves.  Some times I'll pick up some tropical sounding music or steel drums on my cell phone from you tube , just to pass the time away .

See the source image

It's tough I know , but somebodies got to do it 😎

Edited by BoDidly
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Celebrate here when others are dancing the Single Digit Happy Dance (my day will come again); research, read and learn; daydream; read Cruise Critic; view photos of tropical places...and sometimes look for the "Cruise Ship Crazy" song/video and enjoy that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Spend time working, doing things with family and friends, participating in sports and hobbies...basically living and enjoying life as much as possible.  We love cruising and try not to go more than 90 days between cruises, but there is a lot more to life than cruising. 

Exactly ! Living our lives- a vacation is icing on the cake for us !

• Like 1

How do I pass the time until my next Carnival cruise? Well, my last Carnival cruise was on September 6, 2018 and my next Carnival cruise is on March 2, 2019 so in this long period in-between, I went on an MSC cruise, a Norwegian cruise, a Holland American cruise and a Royal Caribbean  cruise. 

Did I say I love cruising?

Edited by tallyho8

55 minutes ago, tallyho8 said:

How do I pass the time until my next Carnival cruise? Well, my last Carnival cruise was on September 6, 2018 and my next Carnival cruise is on March 2, 2019 so in this long period in-between, I went on an MSC cruise, a Norwegian cruise, a Holland American cruise and a Royal Caribbean  cruise. 

Did I say I love cruising?

See the source image🤩

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoDidly said:

See the source image🤩

And after that I will spend the next few weeks planning my April 19  Journeys cruise from Hawaii. But I would trade it all to be broke and 20 years old and fishing with a cane pole in Lake Pontchartrain again...……...

My Last cruise was January 2017 and my next is 2021!  I miss cruising so much! I just finished my first AI at Sandals St. Lucia.  It was a lovely vacation. But we could see the cruise ships coming and going to the Port in Castries and I got a little sad, wishing I was on those ships!

23 hours ago, emoorehead said:

So you have booked your cruise and now you are counting down the days until embarkment. What do you do to fill the time between booking and sailing? How do you keep yourself occupied so you don't go cruise crazy waiting to get onboard?

Book a cruise on Royal or Princess in between.

• 3 weeks later...

I am juuuust under 6 months from sail away and i'm getting sooo impatient.  tonight, i made myself a couple of Malibu Rum & Pinapple drinks -- then I opened my bedroom window  so i could listen to the traffic on the Henry Hudson Parkway and pretend I was listening to the ocean waves from my balcony.   I can almost smell the ocean through the exhaust fumes. 

On 2/6/2019 at 2:09 PM, BoDidly said:

Warmer days I hit the beach and hang out with friends. Some of whom cruise with us. Pop a top or sip on a glass of wine.   Shut my eyes and listen to the waves.  Some times I'll pick up some tropical sounding music or steel drums on my cell phone from you tube , just to pass the time away .

See the source image

It's tough I know , but somebodies got to do it 😎

Ok Im a hater....ugh

Work Monday-Sat most weeks (perks of being in charge). My “me time” starts in September with dove hunting thru October. Bow hunting Oct-Nov. Rifle Nov-Jan. Rabbit and squirrel hunting thru February. Crappie fishing thru March. Turkey thru April. Work the property May-Aug and other free time spent bass fishing, skiing, tubing, or just cruising up and down the lake.