marriage show -- perks

Newbie2006

Has anyone particiapted in the marriage show on Celebrity?

Do they offer good perks for participation?

(We will be enjoying our honeymoon on a cruise 2 days after our wedding day... but my fiance is very quiet/private... not sure if he'd be willing to go up).

We participated several years ago.  It was our 25 anniversary cruise.  We actually won the game and were given a dinner in a specialty restaurant.  The only question that bothered me was when they asked my husband my bra size.  I don't remember if he got it right, but it wasn't something I needed everyone else in the audience knowing.  I think I would pass if I were given the opportunity again.  It was fun, but once is enough.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, slanik said:

We participated several years ago.  It was our 25 anniversary cruise.  We actually won the game and were given a dinner in a specialty restaurant.  The only question that bothered me was when they asked my husband my bra size.  I don't remember if he got it right, but it wasn't something I needed everyone else in the audience knowing.  I think I would pass if I were given the opportunity again.  It was fun, but once is enough.

I"m curious about how the participants are chosen. 

Every CD has his (or her) own method for choosing the participants..  but usually:

Who is married the longest

Who is married the shortest

Everyone else takes part in a contest.  I have seen everything from singing a love song, to proposing to your SO, to having a kissing contest !!!

again, anything goes !!!

Steve

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Newbie2006 said:

but my fiance is very quiet/private... not sure if he'd be willing to go up).

Ask yourself, how would he feel about being asked to tell a room full of strangers (who he will continue to see for the rest of the cruise) the most unusual place where the two of you “have done it.”

Congratulations on on your marriage.

• Like 1

Do you want your marriage to last after the cruise? Fund for the audience because some people lose their filters when answering questions.Audience would find it very cute having a newlywed couple.

Some questions usually asked:

What is the strangest place you made whoopie?

What relative or friend would your partner like to cheat with?

Describe what your partner is wearing? Usually ask the man this.

What movie, or book, or song, would best describe your sex life?

What is the first thing your husband touches in the morning?

These are jsu some sample, others can add to or modify the list. 

Congratulations and best wishes for a long future together.

Edited by Orator

I just cannot imagine why anyone would want to participate in this.  If you want to eat in a specialty restaurant or have a bottle of bubbly with dinner, then just pay for it.  These shows are really so demeaning to everyone, including the audience.  I can think of a million things I'd rather do on my honeymoon cruise.

• Like 4

My husband and I were "forced" to participate when we took our adult kids and spouses on our anniversary cruise.  The most awkward question for us was "Where is the most interesting place you made whoopie?":classic_ohmy:

We won. We received a bottle of Dom Perignon-ish champagne and a bag for of stuff, the best of which were 2 T-shirts.

The humiliation was not worth the prize, but we did enjoy some of it.  After all, we did win. :classic_biggrin:

We actually won the game and were given a dinner in a specialty restaurant.

We won. We received a bottle of Dom Perignon-ish champagne and a bag for of stuff, the best of which were 2 T-shirts.

You're lucky.  At one game I attended, the newlyweds won, but whoever was running the game said that he was going to throw out the points and declare the long-time married couple the winners.  Because they had been married a long time!  And they got the prizes.

Last Oct on the Equinox there was a winner but the prize was never mentioned because I think everyone got the same thing and it wouldn’t be worth effort to get.  It actually appeared as of the contestants knew that if they were picked they had the answers and their dialogue prepared.  There are many B2B cruisers.  

The CD had the couples compete for the 3rd spot by pretending that the male was Tarzan and the female Jane and the male had to call Jane to the bedroom.  

The male going  first ripped off his shirt and beat his chest, the next followed suit trying to outdo the other by going a little further and the male of the last couple just said come to bed.   The audience voted by cheering and because the first two were so idiotic they audience voted for the last couple.

We went on another cruise right after on the Infinity.   They did the same thing to chose the 3rd contestant and one was a gay couple.   All three of them took off their shirt and acted like they were on a Carnival cruise doing the hairy chest contest.   The audience voted for the gay couple.   The CD said it was a tie between them and another couple so he had a runoff between the two.   The audience definitely cheered the loudest for the gay couple but the CD said the other won.    They used same questions as on the Equinox.   The contestants again seemed  to have known some of the questions except for what style and  color undergarments is your wife wearing.   The crazy thing was the CD told the female what her husband said and then asked her what color she had on.  Stupid part was they could have lied and agreed because he didn’t ask to prove it and it would have been difficult for the one that wasn’t wearing any.  I think all 3 couple got a bottle of sparkling wine.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

7 minutes ago, miched said:

It actually appeared as of the contestants knew that if they were picked they had the answers and their dialogue prepared.  There are many B2B cruisers.  

Not even necessarily B2B. As some of the earlier comments show, many of the questions are recycled across ships and years.  It wouldn’t be too difficult for contestants to go in with some agreed-on answers to a number of potential questions.