Coupon Book?????

LB_NJ

1 hour ago, LB_NJ said:

Something I have not seen before.  Some travel agents are offering an onboard coupon book for some cruises.  Any idea what this is?  Does it have any real value?

A recent thread on the same.....

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2625628-coupon-book/?tab=comments#comment-56594337

26 minutes ago, partybarbie said:

The books we received last year had expiration dates of 12-31-18.  The print is really small, but it was on the coupon. 

Yes - last years books had the date of 12-31.

They often change the coupons from year to year. I don't think anyone has reported what this years books have as coupons. Hopefully they are the same. I remember one year they had buy one get one free for coffee cards. That was awhile ago.

We just booked for then end of March & I noticed that we'll receive coupon books for this next trip. Previously we've never received anything indication that they will be included. 

Who knows if the Specialty restaurant coupon will be there or not. 

Now if the cabin steward delivers them in time to make reservations is another story.

2 hours ago, Coral said:

Yes - last years books had the date of 12-31.

They often change the coupons from year to year. I don't think anyone has reported what this years books have as coupons. Hopefully they are the same. I remember one year they had buy one get one free for coffee cards. That was awhile ago.

Yes, I remember the BOGO coffee card coupon.  That was an excellent deal. It has been awhile since that one was offered. Another good one was the free half bottle of wine in the specialty restaurant.  

9 hours ago, whatcruiseisnext said:

The 2019 coupon books are the same as they were in 2018.  They have expiration dates of 12/31/2019

That is good news! Be sure that you book with your TA during their weekly "Cruise Night" sales to receive this Coupon book .

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/14/2019 at 9:42 AM, MCC retired said:

That is good news! Be sure that you book with your TA during their weekly "Cruise Night" sales to receive this Coupon book .

We did and I hope the cabin steward at least leaves them in the cabin before we arrive. I would hate to receive them after muster & not be able to make reservations for the specialty restaurant. 

Has anyone actually confirmed that the 2 for 1 restaurant coupon is still in the new books this year?

11 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Has anyone actually confirmed that the 2 for 1 restaurant coupon is still in the new books this year?

We received the coupon books on our Mexican Riviera cruise last month. We asked our steward for them when we saw him and he was able to get them to us in time to be able to use the specialty restaurant coupon which we had planned to do, but due to unforeseen circumstances did not happen. The coupon book has an expiration date of 12/31/2019 so we plan on using the coupon on our cruise in May.

43 minutes ago, sfkaren said:

We received the coupon books on our Mexican Riviera cruise last month. We asked our steward for them when we saw him and he was able to get them to us in time to be able to use the specialty restaurant coupon which we had planned to do, but due to unforeseen circumstances did not happen. The coupon book has an expiration date of 12/31/2019 so we plan on using the coupon on our cruise in May.

Thanks, Now I at least know that the specialty restaurants are included in the book.

The only problem I now have is seeing the cabin steward soon enough to make reservations. Sometimes they're so busy I don't get to see them until after muster.  

We had the books recently on the Star, the BOGO specialty dinner was only good for the first night.  Unfortunately we had a huge lunch at Don Julios in Buenos Aires before boarding so we had to pass.  We did use both water coupons (one from each book).  I didn't see anything else for us to use

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Thanks, Now I at least know that the specialty restaurants are included in the book.

The only problem I now have is seeing the cabin steward soon enough to make reservations. Sometimes they're so busy I don't get to see them until after muster.  

It's (almost) never too late to make a reservation. Specialties are rarely full.

Alternative, make the reservation and bring the coupon with you to dinner OR if it never shows up...cancel before your appointed time.

We had a coupon book that "might" have been from our TA but was probably from Princess. It had a BOGO drink offer for Skywalker's between 11:00 PM and Midnight. I've only seen that coupon once though.

Edited by Thrak

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Not sure why you'd need to see Stewart to make a first-night reservation, we've never had to. The Coupon book, when applicable, gives a BOGO Speciality Restaurant freebie for Embarkation Day only. You don't need to have the coupon in your hand to make the reservation, you only need to present it at dinner time, in order to get the free meal.  We've done it this way before. Our second stop after booking the Sanctuary is to head to all the Specialty Restaurants and make the week's bookings, including the first night, and we've never needed the physical coupon in hand to make the booking, only when we arrive for the reservation.

Also, if there are issues in physically getting the booklet, the PSD folks will have it in their computer system that you have the Coupon Booklet even if Stewart has not yet physically delivered it, so they will know that you are comped the BOGO first night Restaurant deal. If the Coupon Booklet is referenced in your Personalizer, they will know it.