Coupon Book?????

LB_NJ

5 minutes ago, paradiselivin1 said:

Does it typically come from your TA? We did get one in November for the first time in a long time. Didn't know how that happened but I hope we get one the next time, too!

Sometimes it says that it is from the TA but many time my TA knows nothing about it.

I see the same thing for the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast perk with a suite.

It says it is from the TA but the TA does not know anything about it.

1 hour ago, paradiselivin1 said:

Does it typically come from your TA? We did get one in November for the first time in a long time. Didn't know how that happened but I hope we get one the next time, too!

They are often included when TAs run $100 deposits. You may use a FCC but if you book during this time, it is included. 

4 hours ago, Coral said:

They are often included when TAs run $100 deposits. You may use a FCC but if you book during this time, it is included. 

Right. It is not something you ask for. It is either an automatic part of a promotion when you book or it is not included in your booking.

Again, the one "everyone gets" is sometimes in your cabin, sometimes handed out as you board and sometimes you need to seek it out once on board. Those who have not seen it on recent cruises would have been in the category of needing to seek it out.

When your TA Agency is having a week long Princess "Cruise Night Sale" , the "good" Coupon book should automatically be provided in your cabin . The Sale usually has a reduced $100p/p Deposit also. 

That other Coupon book is worthless to many.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good news. The cruise night coupon books were handed out by the stewards just after they finished cleaning up the cabins at around 12:30. The BOGO coupon for the specialty restaurants and the free water are in them.

we made reservations at Sabatinie's for 6:30 PM although there was no need to as the place was practically empty. 

I can understand why they need to give out coupons since no one seems to be interested in dining there on the first night. 

Also there are no expiration dates or ship names on the coupons so we can use the extra's later this year on another ship.

A couple in front of us were asking if the coupon could be applied to two other people in their cabin, but they told them no.

They had to have another coupon in order to get the BOGO deal.

IMO, the old coupon book from Princess was pretty useless and the one from a TA was decent.  We had coupon books in Feb on Majestic and they were from our TA (or at least because we booked with a TA).  I think we are getting them again in June.

Besides the first night BOGO for specialty restaurant, there was a BOGO for BJ tournament entry (worth $20).  I still have the two coupons from the second book to use in June, in case we don't get another booklet.  I think something else of interest was in there as well (ah, a water deal I think).

Anyway, we had not had a good coupon book for a long while.  Most of the other coupons were for shopping and photos (not interested).  But some folks will be happy to see coupons that were of no interest to us and they won't care about a BJ tournament coupon. 

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Good news. The cruise night coupon books were handed out by the stewards just after they finished cleaning up the cabins at around 12:30. The BOGO coupon for the specialty restaurants and the free water are in them.

we made reservations at Sabatinie's for 6:30 PM although there was no need to as the place was practically empty. 

I can understand why they need to give out coupons since no one seems to be interested in dining there on the first night. 

Also there are no expiration dates or ship names on the coupons so we can use the extra's later this year on another ship.

People in Suites have a free dinner the first night in a speciality restaurant so surprised it was empty.

The coupons I had expired at the end of the year. This was last year.

• 3 weeks later...

We used 2 of our coupons on both legs of our B2B trips on the first nights & neither time was Sabatini's crowded early in the evening. We had made reservations for 6:30 but weren't necessary at all. Actually any time we went past the restaurant, it never seemed to be crowded.

We also used the free bottle of water coupon each time & brought it back to our cabin on the way out.

On my last 2 cruises I have received "the 2019 Book" same as last year

except get this....A free!!!!!!!!  EFFY...are you holding your breath, ............ pendant & earring set!!!!!! Yes, the one you can upgrade to for $10. when you go to pick up your free necklace.

Also the 1/2 bottle of wine is gone replaced as some have mentioned with bottled h2o.

Best coupon is Bogo...and of course the EFFY GIFT!!!!!!!!🙈

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, land lover said:

On my last 2 cruises I have received "the 2019 Book" same as last year

except get this....A free!!!!!!!!  EFFY...are you holding your breath, ............ pendant & earring set!!!!!! Yes, the one you can upgrade to for $10. when you go to pick up your free necklace.

Also the 1/2 bottle of wine is gone replaced as some have mentioned with bottled h2o.

Best coupon is Bogo...and of course the EFFY GIFT!!!!!!!!🙈

I could swear there used to be a coupon for 15% $200 or more, if buying items within the first two days of the cruise, and then the coupon became 10%. 

Not sure if this was for everyone onboard and it was mentioned in the Patter on the first two days, but I definitely recall the 10% off.

I got a great deal on Chanel makeup back in 2015, because I got the 15%, plus stacked it with the Elite 10% discount. Had to spend  over $200 during the first two days of the cruise though to get the 15%  (Chanel is no longer discounted except for the 10% Elite discount). 

This time I noticed that there was no discount coupon. We had two coupon books in our stateroom.  I threw them away. 

Edited by 4cats4me

37 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

I could swear there used to be a coupon for 15% $200 or more, if buying items within the first two days of the cruise, and then the coupon became 10%. 

Not sure if this was for everyone onboard and it was mentioned in the Patter on the first two days, but I definitely recall the 10% off.

I got a great deal on Chanel makeup back in 2015, because I got the 15%, plus stacked it with the Elite 10% discount. Had to spend  over $200 during the first two days of the cruise though to get the 15%  (Chanel is no longer discounted except for the 10% Elite discount). 

This time I noticed that there was no discount coupon. We had two coupon books in our stateroom.  I threw them away. 

sounds familiar there was also one if you bought a photo you could get half off another. There were also 2 different books for a few of our cruises, one from Princess that was a waste and then a "TA" one.

42 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

2 minutes ago, land lover said:

sounds familiar there was also one if you bought a photo you could get half off another. There were also 2 different books for a few of our cruises, one from Princess that was a waste and then a "TA" one.

In general, it seems that anytime there is a coupon that is actually useful to passengers, it is discontinued the following year.

• Haha 1

I'm confused. On my next cruise my travel summary says I get the 'Travel Agent Grp Promotion' OBC & Cruise Night Coupon Book. Are PVPs now using the same promos since bookings can no longer be transferred? My PVP always gives me extra OBC but it was never listed that way b4. As a solo, that dinner is irrelevant but I always run out of water so another bottle for my room would be nice