Coupon Book?????

LB_NJ

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

We had a coupon book that "might" have been from our TA but was probably from Princess. It had a BOGO drink offer for Skywalker's between 11:00 PM and Midnight. I've only seen that coupon once though.

Wow what a terrible time to have to use a BOGO. 98% of passengers are long back in their cabin.

1 minute ago, Micah's Grandad said:

Wow what a terrible time to have to use a BOGO. 98% of passengers are long back in their cabin.

It was when they still had the regular BOGO going. At that time the regular BOGO in Skywalker's was from Midnight to 1:00 AM.  At 11:55 I used my coupon for a double whiskey straight up. At about 12:01 I used the regular BOGO for the same thing. I poured them together for a total of 4 shots for the price of two then took the glass back to my cabin, put it on the counter, and went to bed. The next day was plenty soon enough to enjoy the freebies as there was no ice to melt and no mixer to go flat. I usually prefer my Bourbon, Rye, Scotch, or Irish Whiskey straight up anyway. (No, I didn't have a quadruple shot for breakfast!)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

It was when they still had the regular BOGO going. At that time the regular BOGO in Skywalker's was from Midnight to 1:00 AM.  At 11:55 I used my coupon for a double whiskey straight up. At about 12:01 I used the regular BOGO for the same thing. I poured them together for a total of 4 shots for the price of two then took the glass back to my cabin, put it on the counter, and went to bed. The next day was plenty soon enough to enjoy the freebies as there was no ice to melt and no mixer to go flat. I usually prefer my Bourbon, Rye, Scotch, or Irish Whiskey straight up anyway. (No, I didn't have a quadruple shot for breakfast!)

The wisdom and rewards of planning ahead. I like it!! 😀

11 minutes ago, Micah's Grandad said:

We did the 28 day Hawaii and South Pacific cruise on Emerald in October of 2017. Wheelhouse closed at 11::30 or so and I would go up to check out Skywalker's. For the first 3 weeks I would get there to find that it was me and 3 or 4 staff members. They would get on the phone by 12:30 or so and ask if they could please close as there was no business. Only during the last week of the cruise when it was 8 sea days in a row was there any sort of "crowd" in Skywalker's and that "crowd" consisted of maybe 15 or so passengers. The bar in Skywalker's doesn't start serving until 10:00 PM and the vast majority of the passengers were in bed by that time. On that cruise a number of folks told me how "young" I was. Given the passenger demographic for that cruise I guess I actually was pretty young. Heck, I was only 64 years old at the time which was quite a bit younger than the vast majority of cruisers aboard. :classic_biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Thrak said:

the vast majority of the passengers were in bed by that time. On that cruise a number of folks told me how "young" I was. Given the passenger demographic for that cruise I guess I actually was pretty young. Heck, I was only 64 years old at the time which was quite a bit younger than the vast majority of cruisers aboard. :classic_biggrin:

My kinda folks!

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

We did the 28 day Hawaii and South Pacific cruise on Emerald in October of 2017. Wheelhouse closed at 11::30 or so and I would go up to check out Skywalker's. For the first 3 weeks I would get there to find that it was me and 3 or 4 staff members. They would get on the phone by 12:30 or so and ask if they could please close as there was no business. Only during the last week of the cruise when it was 8 sea days in a row was there any sort of "crowd" in Skywalker's and that "crowd" consisted of maybe 15 or so passengers. The bar in Skywalker's doesn't start serving until 10:00 PM and the vast majority of the passengers were in bed by that time. On that cruise a number of folks told me how "young" I was. Given the passenger demographic for that cruise I guess I actually was pretty young. Heck, I was only 64 years old at the time which was quite a bit younger than the vast majority of cruisers aboard. :classic_biggrin:

Also gives them the excuse that their is little to no demand for a BOGO.

13 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Not sure why you'd need to see Stewart to make a first-night reservation, we've never had to. The Coupon book, when applicable, gives a BOGO Speciality Restaurant freebie for Embarkation Day only. You don't need to have the coupon in your hand to make the reservation, you only need to present it at dinner time, in order to get the free meal.  We've done it this way before. Our second stop after booking the Sanctuary is to head to all the Specialty Restaurants and make the week's bookings, including the first night, and we've never needed the physical coupon in hand to make the booking, only when we arrive for the reservation.

Also, if there are issues in physically getting the booklet, the PSD folks will have it in their computer system that you have the Coupon Booklet even if Stewart has not yet physically delivered it, so they will know that you are comped the BOGO first night Restaurant deal. If the Coupon Booklet is referenced in your Personalizer, they will know it.

I never though of the passenger services desk but I would still feel better if I had the coupon in my hand knowing the coupon actually existed. I wold feel rather silly demanding a comp for a BOGO free dinner if it didn't actually exist. 

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I never though of the passenger services desk but I would still feel better if I had the coupon in my hand knowing the coupon actually existed. I wold feel rather silly demanding a comp for a BOGO free dinner if it didn't actually exist. 

Fair point. In our case, the booklet is also listed clearly, for both me and my wife, at the bottom of the Travel Summary. It shows each of us having a *CRUISE NIGHT COUPON BOOKS" Admittedly we've never had to use the printed Travel Summary as proof that we had the booklets on our account, as we've always had them in the room, so i n our hands, by the time we went downstairs to take advantage of our free meal.  I'm not sure if the Maitre'd at the Specialty restaurant would accept your Travel Summary as proof that you have the booklet, but I would hope they would.

5 hours ago, lx200gps said:

I'm not sure if the Maitre'd at the Specialty restaurant would accept your Travel Summary as proof that you have the booklet, but I would hope they would.

As would I, but I'm still banking on getting it from the steward early.

3 hours ago, gotta cruise again said:

Does the BOGO specialty dining coupon in the TA booklet have a maximum amount or just for any specialty dining location?

The ones we've had in the past, and expect to get again in a few weeks on the Royal, are for any Specialty restaurant on the ship, your choice, embarkation night only. No maximum amount, so we usually eat the priciest one to get the most bang for the buck.

On 2/12/2019 at 10:01 AM, floridalover5623 said:

Was the coupon for the speciality restaurant dated?

On 2/12/2019 at 10:39 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

No

No for us also!

The two we got (given by the ship, not our travel agent) for a  speciality restarurant on our January 2019 cruise were NOT dated with an experation date ... no very small print saying otherwise.

Coupons Stated: For the first night only and listed the restaurants.  Several listed were not even on our ship (like Bayou).

We gave ours to friends who were doing a series B2B2B2B cruises in case they didn't get a coupon for this on some of their sailings.  

On 3/11/2019 at 1:12 PM, pathi said:

My wife and I both show the coupon book on our personalizer for our Mat cruise. Can anyone confirm that we both get one?

Where on your cruise personalizer did you see the coupon book?  Looking and can't find where to see it 🙂 

1 hour ago, OCruisers said:

We gave ours to friends who were doing a series B2B2B2B cruises in case they didn't get a coupon for this on some of their sailings.  

Were they able to use it?

1 hour ago, Ep010835 said:

Were they able to use it?

Were told they could but don't know if they have.

They won't be home until mid-April.  

Only email we've had from them was  short saying they were enjoying South America but the internet on the ship was very slow so would not be emailing often.

Edited by OCruisers
typo

4 hours ago, Kamloops50 said:

Everybody gets a coupon book from Princess on boarding.

The "everybody gets one" coupon book is a different one than the one Princess has through Travel Agent promotions. Those that have the Travel Agent promotion one, will have two different coupon books.

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

We haven't gotten one on our last two cruises - October 2017 and March 2018.

Our experience with the "everybody gets one" coupon book:

a) Sometimes in the cabin when we board

b) Sometimes handed out when you check in

c) Sometimes handed out as you board

d) Always available at/near a boutique on embarkation day

So one way or another, we always get one. They really make great door stops or table levelers.

On 3/12/2019 at 9:10 PM, Kamloops50 said:

Everybody gets a coupon book from Princess on boarding.

Not so for us.  We got one about 5 years ago, and I believe that was from the travel agent.  He also gifted us a nice bottle of wine and some other things.  

About 15 months ago all the couples we were traveling with got one, but not us.

I asked our current travel agent, and I was told I must ask for it when I book.

OK, I asked, and was told none available.

I see the coupon books listed for us in the Travel Summary for our next cruise.

I don't get it..I mean literally, I don't get the coupon book!!:classic_ohmy:

What's up?

Joanie