Equinox Question

Im A Happy Cruiser

The TV's are Samsung and all that I have seen, at least in the suites, have a USB port.   It is only active when the TV is turned off.   It is possible that they could lock it out in Hotel Mode but the ones I have had were unlocked. 

3 hours ago, Im A Happy Cruiser said:

We will be sailing this week (aqua room) so I was hoping someone presently on board the Equinox could check and say for sure.  I will be using my CPAP at night so having USB availability for charging phones/kindle would be helpful at night.  Thanks! 

I also use CPAP and was on the Equinox and the extension cord they provide only allows for one plug. Don’t understand the connection between using cpap and charging devices, plenty of outlets in the room. Also, FYI, you may not bring your own extension cord they are on the banned list.

4 hours ago, Im A Happy Cruiser said:

We will be sailing this week (aqua room) so I was hoping someone presently on board the Equinox could check and say for sure.  I will be using my CPAP at night so having USB availability for charging phones/kindle would be helpful at night.  Thanks! 

I’m bringing this on my Equinox cruise. It will address your concerns

USB Quick Charger RAVPower 60W 6-Port Quick Charge 3.0 Fast Charger Desktop Chargi... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NAG3V8E/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_jtRyCbTSWQYZV

4 hours ago, dkjretired said:

I also use CPAP and was on the Equinox and the extension cord they provide only allows for one plug. Don’t understand the connection between using cpap and charging devices, plenty of outlets in the room. Also, FYI, you may not bring your own extension cord they are on the banned list.

In a regular veranda or concierge veranda room there is only room to plug in 2 items.

4 hours ago, mfs2k said:

I’m bringing this on my Equinox cruise. It will address your concerns

USB Quick Charger RAVPower 60W 6-Port Quick Charge 3.0 Fast Charger Desktop Chargi... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NAG3V8E/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_jtRyCbTSWQYZV

My sister has one of those that she always takes... but got called to the naughty room on embarkation day along with over 100 others and they took it for the duration of the cruise.  Everyone was very upset and saying this had never happened before.  Hopefully it was a one time thing...

38 minutes ago, twincheryl said:

My sister has one of those that she always takes... but got called to the naughty room on embarkation day along with over 100 others and they took it for the duration of the cruise.  Everyone was very upset and saying this had never happened before.  Hopefully it was a one time thing...

Ugh.  That would suck.  I'm carrying mine in my carryon.  

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 6:24 AM, dkjretired said:

Can you request an extension cord in advance for CPAP?

18 minutes ago, petefoss said:

Can you request an extension cord in advance for CPAP?

Yes you can, on the web site is a form which allows you to order the water and a cord, it’s under special services. All you need is reservation number, ship and date. If something gets screwed up just ask the steward.

Also  don’t be surprised when you get there if the items are not in the room. They usually do these requests while during dinner time

Edited by dkjretired

On 2/21/2019 at 6:23 AM, dkjretired said:

Yes you can, on the web site is a form which allows you to order the water and a cord, it’s under special services. All you need is reservation number, ship and date. If something gets screwed up just ask the steward.

Also  don’t be surprised when you get there if the items are not in the room. They usually do these requests while during dinner time

I can not find the special service request area...new to celebrity and their site is a tad confusing to me.  Can you show the link?  Thank you

On 2/12/2019 at 1:54 AM, Im A Happy Cruiser said:

I too use a c-pap and I just bring a 2 grounded outlet with 2 usb ports.  They are plentiful and can be found on Amazon as well at HD and Lowes.  Multiple ways to keep all your devices charged and in good order on a cruise.

3 hours ago, baabtx said:

I too use a c-pap and I just bring a 2 grounded outlet with 2 usb ports.  They are plentiful and can be found on Amazon as well at HD and Lowes.  Multiple ways to keep all your devices charged and in good order on a cruise.

Problem is some of these items are starting to be confiscated at boarding and you might just get the wrong person.

On 2/24/2019 at 12:14 PM, dkjretired said:

Problem is some of these items are starting to be confiscated at boarding and you might just get the wrong person.

That's true, I get the kind that have the plug that folds into the device itself, just looks like some bulky item at that point.  Haven't had a problem as yet, but one never knows!