Moveup Bidding

mfs2k

Celebrity just sent me a link to bid for suites for our March 23th 7 night Equinox cruise.

We're currently booked in Aqua.

I had intended to bid $400 per person for a smaller suite, because there are a few available, but the minimum bids are over $1,000 per person. That's not happening. Too rich for my blood.

Does Celebrity ever lower the minimum bid levels? 

Edited by mfs2k

We are booked on the Reflection for March 22.  Aqua 1 with an extended balcony.  In a perfect spot on the ship.  I probably won't bid but was curious as they had bids for all of the suites except for the Penthouse suite.  When I look at the availability of cabins with online cruise agencies, there are no suites available.  Very confusing to me. 

24 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

Celebrity just sent me a link to bid for suites for our March 23th 7 night Equinox cruise.

I had intended to bid $400 per person for a smaller suite, because there are a few available, but the minimum bids are over $1,000 per person. That's not happening. Too rich for my blood.

I have only experienced the Move Up bidding process twice.  Both times the minimum bids were not lowered.  Of course I would think if no one submitted a minimum bid, then Celebrity might lower it.  The odds of it being lowered to $400 a day per person are probably low, but you can check it periodically.  I was able to check and modify my bid all along.

Good luck.

15 minutes ago, wallysdtr said:

We are booked on the Reflection for March 22.  Aqua 1 with an extended balcony.  In a perfect spot on the ship.  I probably won't bid but was curious as they had bids for all of the suites except for the Penthouse suite.  When I look at the availability of cabins with online cruise agencies, there are no suites available.  Very confusing to me. 

Celebrity accepts bids even if cabins are not currently available.  Some of us believe that this is just in case there are last minute changes in availability.  Some of us suspect Celebrity might be collecting marketing information as to what we are willing to pay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

We're on the same cruise as the OP and haven't received a email yet so I tried to look into it via the web site and got a message nothing is available. We're in a Concierge cabin and while we're not interested in an Aqua cabin those would be a "move-up" and I know there are a lot of those still available.

27 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

We're on the same cruise as the OP and haven't received a email yet so I tried to look into it via the web site and got a message nothing is available. We're in a Concierge cabin and while we're not interested in an Aqua cabin those would be a "move-up" and I know there are a lot of those still available.

They probably don't send all the emails at the same time, but stagger it.

I looked at the website this morning, before I got the email, and it also showed "nothing is available."  

59 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

31 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

They probably don't send all the emails at the same time, but stagger it.

I looked at the website this morning, before I got the email, and it also showed "nothing is available."  

This sure is  evidence that the Move Up bidding is not open to everyone.  I am a little surprised.  Someone else reported the same thing a few months ago.

You need to make sure you have entered the information correctly for this cruise, as the nothing is available is the default if the cruise is in the future.

March 23 does seems a little early based on my two experience, perhaps they are in the process of making the changes in the system.

mfs2k, please come back and let us know if it shows up in a few days.

Good luck.

Edited by jagoffee

I received a move up offer about 3 weeks before out Feb. 18 Reflection cruise. I believe the minimum bid for sky suite was $600 per person. A few days ago, I received another offer and the minimum bid was lowered to $500 pp. So, they do lower the bids sometimes. Not interested as we are experiencing Aqua for the first time (and probably the last, but curious to try). I would only ever bid on Celebrity Suites, as I wouldn't take a chance on Sky Suites being under a noisy area. 

Im on March 23 Equionox in Aqua also and just received a move up offer today also. I could have paid to upgrade to a sky suite guaranty yesterday for less than they are currently asking for the lowest bid today....silly. Today the guaranty isn't being offered and the only "assigned S1" sky suite showing available is over $500/pp more than the guaranty was yesterday. All a game.

Edited by bajathree

Just now, portcbob said:

We are currently in a ordinary mid ship balcony on deck 6 at the moment on our upcoming solstice cruise in 6 weeks. Not sure what to do. Any suggestions. Received our upgrade bidding email today??.

cheers Bob .

I think you should decide first if you want to move up to a higher category, (concierge, Aqua or suite) and determine how much that's worth to you...  If the high and low is in the range you want to pay, then bid for it... The more you want it, the higher you should bid.  If you don't really care, then bid on the lower end.  You probably won't get it, but you never know.  Just keep in mind the most plentiful category is what you're in now, and a lot of people may be willing to bid more than you for a few open cabins in concierge, aqua or suites.  

I also have friends on March 21 Infinity that also got a move up offer today. They are currently in a standard balcony...the lowest mover up bid for Aqua is $100/pp and they can do an assigned regular "paid" upgrade to a A2 for $110/pp right now.

Edited by bajathree

1 minute ago, daniels5759 said:

We got an email to bid on a higher suite today too. How and when do you know if your bid was accepted.

When they charge your credit card, you'll know your bid was accepted.  It can happen anytime between now and departure date. 

Received a Move Up offer on an upcoming cruise.  Due to circumstances we booked an Oceanview.  The Move up offer allowed me to bid on Aqua, Concierge, Family Veranda and Regular Veranda.  The minimum bid for all was decent (IMHO).  I submitted a bid on Aqua, Family and Regular Verandah.  As others have mentioned... none of those categories are currently showing as available.  Will be interesting if one of my bids gets accepted but I suspect there is nothing available.

1 hour ago, daniels5759 said:

Thanks I'll be eagerly awaiting a reply.

Best of luck!  I would love to have the opportunity to bid for a Celebrity or Royal Suite on our upcoming cruise (this month), and there ARE some of same available.....but no email, and going onto the website to enter name and reservation number shows nothing.  Who knows how this really all works!  But I wish everyone good luck on their bids.

I booked a last-minute cruise last fall about 2 weeks out.  Website showed only insides available.  That's what I booked.  Got a move up offer to bid on OV, balcony, CC, and suites.  Bid on a balcony and was successful.  As somebody else said, I knew my bid was accepted when my phone beeped to inform me of a charge to my AmEx.  Since I live in Florida, it is easy for me to jump on a cruise at the last minute.  I may try this again after my last great experience.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I booked a last-minute cruise last fall about 2 weeks out.  Website showed only insides available.  That's what I booked.  Got a move up offer to bid on OV, balcony, CC, and suites.  Bid on a balcony and was successful.  As somebody else said, I knew my bid was accepted when my phone beeped to inform me of a charge to my AmEx.  Since I live in Florida, it is easy for me to jump on a cruise at the last minute.  I may try this again after my last great experience.

And here we are 2 weeks out now, lots of vacant suites showing.....and still nothing in email!  And nothing when you do the “move up” check on site.  Isn’t that a conundrum!  Who knows what the criteria is!

Last fall we received move up offer from our Veranda to Aqua or Concierge on 13 day Australia/New Zealand for minimum of 300 pp, to suites as of 1000 pp and to Penthouse for 250 pp !  This was so clearly wrong and anyway no PH available that I was wondering what their fishing expedition on this one was?

Edited by Michidoeme

3 minutes ago, Michidoeme said:

Last fall we received move up offer from our Veranda to Aqua or Concierge on 13 day Australia/New Zealand for minimum of 300 pp, to suites as of 1000 pp and to Penthouse for 250 pp !  This was so clearly wrong and anyway no PH available that I was wondering what their fishing expedition on this one was?

Seems like someone entered the wrong info when setting up the bidding. Perhaps there was a last minute Penthouse available but they meant to enter $2,500 pp and entered $250 by mistake.  

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

Seems like someone entered the wrong info when setting up the bidding. Perhaps there was a last minute Penthouse available but they meant to enter $2,500 pp and entered $250 by mistake.  

I once got the deal of a lifetime a few years back on the Royal Suite on the Allure of the Seas with an error like that. Logged in one morning and saw the Royal suite listed at $1750/pp for a week cruise on my sailing....it was clearly an error leaving out a zero as u mention....should have been $17500/pp. I immediately booked it and paid for it and they honored it. I had a standard balcony cabin already booked and paid for that was well into final payment period that I tried to get them to convert to the upgrade for me but no go....so I cancelled the standard balcony and took the loss and went with the Royal Suite....couldn't pass that one up....a $17500/pp cabin that in total after taking the loss on the standard balcony cost me about $3000/pp

• Like 1