Heated pool when sailing to Alaska?

e71465

Don’t know about the Emerald, but on the Golden, the Lotus Pool (outdoor adult pool located by the spa) was heated. Seems like not a lot of people were aware because it was always uncrowded. 

57 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Don’t know about the Emerald, but on the Golden, the Lotus Pool (outdoor adult pool located by the spa) was heated. Seems like not a lot of people were aware because it was always uncrowded. 

Might be that everyone was in the heated indoor pool on the Golden.

6 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Might be that everyone was in the heated indoor pool on the Golden.

They were. That place was a mad house half the time!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kate P.C said:

I'm not sure about the main pools and the Terrace pool but the Lotus pool is heated on all ships. You may find the pools too cold for the first few days out from Florida, but they get warm about the 3rd or 4th day.

Long way to Alaska from Florida though.  😄😁

We were on the Golden to Alaska on a B2B last year. The outdoor pool was cold. The indoor pool was sometimes heated up, and the pool by the gym was always heated.

The hot tubs were usually at best lukewarm.

Edited by RMMariner
  • Like 1

I also have been told that Princess does not heat their main pools but then I seldom use them since I have one in the backyard.  On the grand class ships the glass cover will heat the pool if it is closed but the newer ships do not have the cover.  

20 hours ago, satxdiver said:

I also have been told that Princess does not heat their main pools but then I seldom use them since I have one in the backyard.  On the grand class ships the glass cover will heat the pool if it is closed but the newer ships do not have the cover.  

Wow, a backyard pool -- that's certainly impressive.  But isn't it rather a long trek from your shipboard cabin to your backyard pool when you want a swim on a hot day at sea? 

1 hour ago, rdsqrl said:

Wow, a backyard pool -- that's certainly impressive.  But isn't it rather a long trek from your shipboard cabin to your backyard pool when you want a swim on a hot day at sea? 

Not really.  I simply step into my personal transporter and Scotty beams me to the pool and back after I am finished.  It is all very easy. 😂

On 2/14/2019 at 3:01 PM, Kate P.C said:

Aa hahaha, what was I thinking, that is funny though :classic_biggrin: I meant San Francisco :classic_unsure:

Don't you love it when you say something dorky? I'm just glad to see that I'm not the only one who sometimes does this. Definitely don't worry about it at all... :classic_laugh:

Did the Alaska on the Emerald last Aug and we used the pool the first day when boarding and never got in it again. It is not heated and even though it was Aug pool was cold..Don't bother with a bathing suite chances are you wouldn't need it..Enjoy great cruise loved it

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rdsqrl said:

Not if you take the new “A”  train when those darn fuel guzzling jets are abolished.

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Not if you take the new “A”  train when those darn fuel guzzling jets are abolished.

Also not to worry as they'll eliminate all the pools during the nationwide retrofitting of every building in America

Srpilo

• Haha 1