Balcony Guarantee What Cabin Did You End Up With

stalco

We did a GTY Balcony and last week were assigned a Spacious Balcony — 6B on the March 7th Voyager of the Seas... A couple of others on this cruise were also assigned a Spacious Balcony... all of us on the 6th floor.  It was about 30 days out when they made the assignments!!!  No notice from RCI, but by logging in the room assignment popped up!  Ours is a connecting room but wasn’t expecting the bigger room in a great location... 🧜🏼‍♀️

1 minute ago, Turangi! said:

We did a GTY Balcony and last week were assigned a Spacious Balcony — 6B on the March 7th Voyager of the Seas... A couple of others on this cruise were also assigned a Spacious Balcony... all of us on the 6th floor.  It was about 30 days out when they made the assignments!!!  No notice from RCI, but by logging in the room assignment popped up!  Ours is a connecting room but wasn’t expecting the bigger room in a great location... 🧜🏼‍♀️

That’s great. I’m sitting at 38 days out waiting for cabin assignment

I checked regularly for months with no assignment  but then hadn’t looked for a couple of days and someone posted their assignment and we all checked and we were all on the 6th floor in a Spacious Balcony and I quipped that we all might be in the same room, but I now know who has the room next to ours (but not the connecting one!) so there must have been a block that had just gotten released.  

Does anyone know what percent of rooms they offer for GTY???  And how they adjust inventory throughout the booking process????  Always assumed that the bad locations were what would be leftover!!!  Very happy with our first GTY...  as long as they don’t change it!

On 1/4/2020 at 6:06 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Just check to make sure there are numbers AFTER your reservation number and that you are not mistaking the last four digits of your reservation as a cabin number like I originally did. When I did get my cabin I was very pleased!

We did look at the 'bar code' correctly and the bar code reader software we used, identified the cabin for us.  Then just about two weeks ago we noticed on our reservation that we had a cabin and it was the very same one that we saw by looking at our bar code.  All is well....and all that is left to do this coming Sunday is .....Sail Away!

1 hour ago, Paulette3028 said:

We did look at the 'bar code' correctly and the bar code reader software we used, identified the cabin for us.  Then just about two weeks ago we noticed on our reservation that we had a cabin and it was the very same one that we saw by looking at our bar code.  All is well....and all that is left to do this coming Sunday is .....Sail Away!

Have a great week!

We are sailing 3/1/20 on Anthem.  We had originally booked 3 interiors way back when but switched to 3 XB Balcony Guarantees (2 x 2 guests, and 1 x 3 guests) in November 2019.  We also had someone book last minute in January that booked a Studio balcony Guarantee (XF) so we have a total of 4 guarantees in our party.

The XB for 3 passengers was assigned a few days before Christmas.  The other 3 were assigned on 2/14.  These were our assigments:

XB for 3 - 7246 (3D)

XB for 2 - 10628 (2D)

XB for 2 - 10548 (2D)

XF for 1 - 13572 (2D)

Overall happy with the assignments!

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

On 2/14/2019 at 9:28 PM, Anniversarygirl25 said:

Sailing next month on Anthem. We got a GTY oceanview balcony - RM 10286. Don't have any experience with Anthem so not sure if that is good or bad!

Great that you got assigned a room early enough! We are also sailing on the Anthem next month with GTY Oceanview balcony.  Have not gotten a room assignment yet.  

I have a GTY balcony room leaving in 26 days without an assignment yet either.   The barcode is my res number-1-1.  Either the barcode thing doesn't work all the time or I have a balcony on deck 1 haha.  I think that's the deck where the floor has a big "V" shape down the middle. 

7 minutes ago, Littleone15 said:

We booked a Neighborhood guarantee, and had asked for a Boardwalk room if possible. Got our assignment about 3 weeks ago for our Feb 29 Symphony cruise.  Room 10709.  I’m pretty happy with the location.  

We had 10307 on Symphony and loved the room and location.  You can still see the Aqua theater and the water from a distance and it wasn't that far of a walk (vs being right at the far end).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Have you decoded your Setsail pass barcode for one?

Have not completed checkin but will this weekend.  We just got back a couple of weeks ago from a Princess Cruise and have just been catching up.  Maybe once checkin is complete we will get assigned room?

Not sure what decoded Setsail pass barcode means😓

1 hour ago, dcruisers said:

Maybe once checkin is complete we will get assigned room?

Don’t think check in has any effect on assignments. Once you check in your SetSail pass will have a barcode on it - when you decode that the number after the dash (if there is one) will likely be your cabin. 

18 hours ago, LuCruise said:

We had 10307 on Symphony and loved the room and location.  You can still see the Aqua theater and the water from a distance and it wasn't that far of a walk (vs being right at the far end).

Who did you ask "for a boardwalk balcony if possible"...I was unaware you can give a preference for a guarantee..

18 hours ago, Littleone15 said:

We booked a Neighborhood guarantee, and had asked for a Boardwalk room if possible. Got our assignment about 3 weeks ago for our Feb 29 Symphony cruise.  Room 10709.  I’m pretty happy with the location.  

Who did you ask "for a boardwalk room if possible"...I was unaware you could give your preference for a guarantee??