Coastal Kitchen available to junior suite passengers?

AQFan

6 minutes ago, AQFan said:

We are sailing on the Anthem on May 18 in a handicap accessible junior suite.  Would we have access to dining in Coastal Kitchen?  Thank you.

Yes. Dinner only.  Breakfast, lunch, and dinner available for Grand suites and above, and Pinnacles.

Tables are usually available for late dining (after 8pm)...there are times when JS passengers can be denied access if Coastal Kitchen is busy. We've never had problems when sailing in a JS...we eat late.  Happy Sailing. :classic_smile:

We just got off the Symphony , our cruise planner never allowed us to make reservations online.  We reserved when onboard.  Everything about Coastal Kitchen was excellent.  Food, service, attention.  Also ate in all the speciality restaurants .  Kinda disappointed that the food in the speciality restaurants  was not nearly as good as a few years ago.  Our next cruises on Royal will only be Coastal Kitchen. 

On Symphony a couple weeks ago, we had CK reservations made for us by the Diamond concierge. She could have done the entire week or a day at a time. We only did it one night because we had other folks with us that were not is a JS.

mac_tlc

46 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

On Symphony a couple weeks ago, we had CK reservations made for us by the Diamond concierge. She could have done the entire week or a day at a time. We only did it one night because we had other folks with us that were not is a JS.

mac_tlc

Did the diamond concierge make these reservations for you before you boarded or after you boarded.  We you able to get reservations before 8pm?

1 hour ago, AQFan said:

We are sailing on the Anthem on May 18 in a handicap accessible junior suite.  Would we have access to dining in Coastal Kitchen?  Thank you.

Anthem allows those staying in a JS and above to make dinner reservations in CK in your Cruise Planner. The Oasis class ships do not allow pre booking for JS for CK. 

37 minutes ago, Life is Good Cruising said:

Anthem allows those staying in a JS and above to make dinner reservations in CK in your Cruise Planner. The Oasis class ships do not allow pre booking for JS for CK. 

We just sailed Anthem in January in a JS and I could not make reservations for Coastal Kitchen in my cruise planner.  I tried a few times and it always said it was unavailable to book.  I was able to make reservations at Coastal Kitchen for the entire week once we boarded.

10 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We just sailed Anthem in January in a JS and I could not make reservations for Coastal Kitchen in my cruise planner.  I tried a few times and it always said it was unavailable to book.  I was able to make reservations at Coastal Kitchen for the entire week once we boarded.

OP is leaving in May and I was able to make our CK reservations for a May 2019 Anthem sailing last year in July so it's possible they reached their quota for online CK bookings. Once onboard, reservations can be easily made at CK.

17 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

What time were you able to get reservations for? I’d hate it if around 8 is the only option as I’d have to rearrange all the show reservations. 

3 minutes ago, Life is Good Cruising said:

OP is leaving in May and I was able to make our CK reservations for a May 2019 Anthem sailing last year in July so it's possible they reached their quota for online CK bookings. Once onboard, reservations can be easily made at CK.

I don't remember when I first tried to book it, so maybe that is the case.  We will likely book Anthem again, so will remember to try Coastal Kitchen reservations as soon as we book.

Just now, siempredescalzo said:

What time were you able to get reservations for? I’d hate it if around 8 is the only option as I’d have to rearrange all the show reservations. 

We were able to get 5:30 on all but two nights.  Those nights, we were able to get 7:30.  I know one of those nights we wanted earlier and could not get it.  The other night we chose that late as we were leaving port at 7pm.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I don't remember when I first tried to book it, so maybe that is the case.  We will likely book Anthem again, so will remember to try Coastal Kitchen reservations as soon as we book.

We were able to get 5:30 on all but two nights.  Those nights, we were able to get 7:30.  I know one of those nights we wanted earlier and could not get it.  The other night we chose that late as we were leaving port at 7pm.

Thanks! Do you remember around what time you went up there to make the reservations? If it was right after boarding, what time were you on the ship?

7 hours ago, siempredescalzo said:

Thanks! Do you remember around what time you went up there to make the reservations? If it was right after boarding, what time were you on the ship?

We boarded just after 10:30 and went to coastal kitchen but no one was at the podium yet. We went back a little later and was able to make our reservations. 

10 hours ago, gerig said:

Did the diamond concierge make these reservations for you before you boarded or after you boarded.  We you able to get reservations before 8pm?

On Board. We went to the lounge the first afternoon, probably around 3 or so. Asked her to make a reservation for day 2, we were flexible on time and got 7:30. She asked if we wanted any other days, and if so, just stop back and she would make them. 

We we went to CK first, but no one was there. Being in a JS, the sea pass won’t open the door to CK or SL. 

mac_tlc

11 hours ago, radarcruiser said:

CK does not show up in the planner ahead of time for Ovation in a JS.  Will keep checking and make them on board if necessary.

I don't believe CK shows up ever in anyone's cruise planner. We had a Loft and just emailed the concierge for a standing dinner reservation 

I never knew that Junior Suite passengers could dine at Coastal Kitchen.  What ships have this restaurant?  We are booked on 3 more cruises this year (went on the  Majesty to Havana in January), all in Junior Suites.  Would like to try Coastal Kitchen, if available, on at least one of our future cruises.  Thanks for any help.

Lori

12 hours ago, siempredescalzo said:

We were able to get reservations every night at 7:00 except for the second formal night, when 8:00 was the only time available.

• Like 1

Theoretically, reservations can be made for CK at any restaurant. We stopped at the first restaurant that didn't have a line, and made them. An hour later I checked the app, and no CK reservations were shown for us. However, I discovered I could make reservations through the app once we were on Anthem. I was able to get them for 15 minutes later than I had originally requested. 

My recommendation is the check the app and make reservations once you board, rather than stand in line, or head up to CK.

The food was wonderful.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, motherof said:

Theoretically, reservations can be made for CK at any restaurant. We stopped at the first restaurant that didn't have a line, and made them. An hour later I checked the app, and no CK reservations were shown for us. However, I discovered I could make reservations through the app once we were on Anthem. I was able to get them for 15 minutes later than I had originally requested. 

My recommendation is the check the app and make reservations once you board, rather than stand in line, or head up to CK.

The food was wonderful.

I have been in junior suites on the Anthem and Quantum and was always able to book online.  I will be cruising on the Anthem in 3 weeks and I cannot book my reservations on line so I will have to go to coastal the day we board.

7 hours ago, motherof said:

The food was wonderful.

It didn't even occur to me that you might be able to use to app to make a reservation! I will have to give that a try when I board Allure in May. Thanks so much for the feedback. 

• Like 1