Is Drink Package included on Half Moon Cay?

shannonRRT

53 minutes ago, boomhower said:

No, and it is a complete money grab.  They claim it's because they can't track your 15 drinks which I call complete BS on, they sure know how to bill you. 

Its not BS. They don't have computers on the island. So they can't track you. They write down all orders and enter them later on when they get back on the ship.

2 hours ago, boomhower said:

No, and it is a complete money grab.  They claim it's because they can't track your 15 drinks which I call complete BS on, they sure know how to bill you. 

I guest for those who are always looking to buy more than their 15 drinks- this is the opportunity buy more. 

3 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Its not BS. They don't have computers on the island. So they can't track you. They write down all orders and enter them later on when they get back on the ship.

it's 2019, it's very easy and inexpensive to set up a wireless remote system, other cruise lines do.

• Like 2

So let me make sure I understand. If you have the Cheers package, you can still purchase beers on HMC using your Sail & Sign card. And then when you get back on the ship, the drinks you purchased on HMC do NOT count toward your 15 for the day?????

1 hour ago, luvbigdogs said:

So let me make sure I understand. If you have the Cheers package, you can still purchase beers on HMC using your Sail & Sign card. And then when you get back on the ship, the drinks you purchased on HMC do NOT count toward your 15 for the day?????

Think about this, how can they say they can't track S&S and accept it and charge to your account. So why can't they incorporate this into Cheers, makes no sense.

3 hours ago, luvbigdogs said:

Yep that's right .half moon cay is extra.n o cheers.

4 hours ago, luvbigdogs said:

Like I said it's just a money grab and nothing more.  Other lines include there package at the islands.  Carnival sais it is because of there 15 drink limit, the cost of the technology to incorporate that is a complete non starter.  Fleet wide less than a quarter mil at government prices. 

• Like 1

On 2/24/2019 at 4:45 AM, shannonRRT said:

If you have an alcohol package, are your drinks on half moon cay included?

As has been reported, technically, no.  But, all you need to do is collect unopened beers from the previous days that you have not reached your 15 drink limit, put them in a small collapsible collar with ice from the Lido deck and you're good to go.  You may have to offer a cash tip to the bartenders since they are supposed to open beers.  Have done this in the past on Grand Turk.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It's quite odd that in 2013 the Cheers package was extended to include Half Moon Cay so they had the facilities to cope with it then but now?  https://cruiseradio.net/carnivals-all-you-can-drink-package-expands-to-half-moon-cay/

I did read somewhere that you could buy a drinks package for Half Moon Cay for around 25$ for up to 15 drinks but that is most likely out of date and inaccurate.

I was just in HMC last week had the Cheers package and no it was not included on the island everything we drink was billed to the S@S card later after we got back on the ship. But as a consolation prize it’s the most beautiful island I have ever seen.

On 2/24/2019 at 6:06 PM, coevan said:

it's 2019, it's very easy and inexpensive to set up a wireless remote system, other cruise lines do.

I bet they could go to Walmart and buy one of those wifi enhancers and hook one up and it would take care of this problem. That way they would be able to raise the cost of the drinks every hour and no one would be the wiser. That would be a better money grab than the way they are doing it today.