List of No No items to bring on cruise.

FmlyCrsr

4 hours ago, Straughn said:

So what’s the latest on corkscrews to open the two bottles of wine per cabin that you ARE allowed to bring? Sometimes people report no problem. Sometimes they are confiscated. If my butler can give me one to use in my suite, why can’t  I bring one with me when I do not have a butler to solve the problem?

If it's similar to the airline rules, it's not the corkscrew but the small knife that is the part of many corkscrews.  The corkscrew they provide on-board is only the corkscrew portion.  So based on your logic, I suspect they would allow an airline compliant corkscrew.

Our friends had their extension confiscated only last year, after travelling for 20 odd cruises with it :classic_biggrin:. We had our kids’ mouthwash removed from our luggage once and my DH was called down to the naughty room! He had to take a swig of it to prove it was just mouthwash and not some sort of bright green alcohol for under 12s 🤣:classic_biggrin:.

16 hours ago, rvmike said:

On our flight from Quito to Baltra it was all real knives and forks!!! Maybe grounds for a HiJack???

That's not uncommon especially in Business Class and 1st.   In the past year I have flown ANA, Singapore Airlines, British Airways, Lufthansa, Delta and United.   Always had real knives and forks.   There was a period of a couple years after 911 when they used plastic but have all reverted back.

I knew that there was a posted list of items that are prohibited or you cannot bring aboard. 

I must have overlooked the surf board listing, which brings me to ask this question. 

Does anyone have any knowledge about bringing a boogie board, which is like mini surf board, 1/3 the size of a traditional surf board or beach umbrellas. 

We like the beach excursions but not the renting of umbrellas. 

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. 

After reading other posts on the topic, I was thinking about packing an HDMI cable and adapter, so we can watch movies we've downloaded to our phones/IPads on the Equinox cabin TV.  For this to work, I'd also have to pack a Samsung Universal remote with batteries. ($10 on Amazon)

Does anyone have experience with these items being confiscated? 

It does no harm to the TV.  You change the input port to the available HDMI port with the remote, and when you turn off the TV, it restores to the regular input port. 

Edited by mfs2k

2 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

After reading other posts on the topic, I was thinking about packing an HDMI cable and adapter, so we can watch movies we've downloaded to our phones/IPads on the Equinox cabin TV.  For this to work, I'd also have to pack a Samsung Universal remote with batteries. ($10 on Amazon)

Does anyone have experience with these items being confiscated? 

It does no harm to the TV.  You change the input port to the available HDMI port with the remote, and when you turn off the TV, it restores to the regular input port. 

I always have an HDMI cable with me and have never had a problem

Not all TV's are unlocked allowing access to the HDMI port also you will usually also need a Samsung or Universal remote to switch between sources.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2019 at 9:59 PM, Germancruiser said:

Not bringing non alcoholic beverages? Thats new- i always bring a short supply of Organge Juice ( not from concentrate) for the Minibar in my stateroom- THAT was never - ever a problem! Can anyone enlighten me if that changed?

Depends upon the cruise line, but most will no longer allow you to bring any beverages on with you.  Some still allow a bottle or two of wine, which they will charge a corkage fee for upon boarding, but most have shut down all off shore beverages due to the "booze smugglers" using them as containers.

On 2/25/2019 at 10:12 PM, ben.chan said:

I was wondering about this as well...

I read that it was perfectly fine in the past to bring on-alcohol beverages, and cruisers just sent packs of bottled water or juices or soda onboard as luggage...

And this was one of the big reasons they stopped the practice.  I know of folks in our groups who would cut open cases of water, replace the water with Vodka/Gin/White rum and then reseal the case of water using duct tape to even create a carry handle.  Of course they bragged about it on CC and the cruise lines do monitor these boards as well.........    

IMG_2920.JPG