207 members have voted

1. 1. How many people have won their bids and at what bid strength

• Won- Weak Bid offer
    • Won- Medium Bid offer
    • Won- Strong Bid offer
    • Bid but did not win- Was Notified
    • Bid but did not win- Was Not Notified
    • Still have not received any offers to bid

We haven't received a bid for our upcoming Grandeur cruise (it's still 75 days out).  But we did get an offer to bid on a Celebrity cruise.  I won't include it in the poll since we were on Celebrity, not Royal Caribbean, but we submitted the minimum bid and it was accepted 5 days before our cruise.  I don't think Celebrity's website rated the bid strength, but I'd assume minimum equals weak. :classic_smile:  I was really surprised we actually got the bid!

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

They seem to come inside 60 days.

What a coincidence - we just got the email.  :classic_smile:  I don't think we'll bid this time though.  Last time we were in an oceanview and bid on a balcony.  This time we're already in a balcony and don't have any need for a suite.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got the email for OS2 to Royal Suite for $800 each.  I'd take it if it was just DW and me but BIL is coming this cruise and the Royal Suite on Radiance only has one bedroom and bathroom and none of us play the piano

The Owners Suite with 2 bedrooms is half the size but has 2 bedrooms each with their own closet and 2 bathrooms so that will be a great feature for 3 people

Also no Sea, Sky, Star class so the upgrade wouldn't get us anything other than bragging rights to the biggest room on the ship

1 minute ago, stompy said:

Just got the email for OS2 to Royal Suite for $800 each.  I'd take it if it was just DW and me but BIL is coming this cruise and the Royal Suite on Radiance only has one bedroom and bathroom and none of us play the piano

The Owners Suite with 2 bedrooms is half the size but has 2 bedrooms each with their own closet and 2 bathrooms so that will be a great feature for 3 people

Also no Sea, Sky, Star class so the upgrade wouldn't get us anything other than bragging rights to the biggest room on the ship

Are you sure it only has one bedroom. Serenade had two full baths. 🤔

Keep in mind, no way to tell if the min bid will work or if the RS is even available 

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Are you sure it only has one bedroom. Serenade had two full baths. 🤔

Keep in mind, no way to tell if the min bid will work or if the RS is even available 

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/category-detail.php?c=889

Yes just the one bedroom with a King and the one bathroom with a whirlpool tub and a shower with 2 heads-so no hot tub on the balcony and just the one bedroom

I think for 3 people the Owner's Suite 2 bedroom is a better option

Just now, John&LaLa said:

BTW, you dont have to play the piano.  It plays itself. 😉

Oh really, I didn't know that.  We got invited into the RS once.  The wife was from my hometown and we were chatting on the elevator and she invited us in for a drink.  Her husband had been a concert pianist and conductor before he retired.  He loved to cruise but refused to wear pants so he just walked around in the free robe all day and played the piano.  He was really good and she was a hoot.

They would sail from Texas each year to Malaga where they retired to and would use the ship to transport art they bought in the States-it was much cheaper than having it shipped.  Not bad for a gal from Mississauga

On 4/8/2019 at 7:45 AM, 1northstar said:

Just won on weak bid for AOS 5/5 repositioning cruise. 

As we also did, from an inside cabin to an ocean view. Unfortunately it is a connecting cabin. Not thrilled at all. 

We are also on the 5-5 Repo comng back to Bayonne. 

1 minute ago, bananawindnj said:

As we also did, from an inside cabin to an ocean view. Unfortunately it is a connecting cabin. Not thrilled at all. 

We are also on the 5-5 Repo comng back to Bayonne. 

I wonder if you can call and change to any other available stateroom in the same exact category?

39 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I wonder if you can call and change to any other available stateroom in the same exact category?

I didn't think that you are allowed to change cabins.  That said, I read a post on here from someone that said that their TA was able to change their RoyalUp cabin number.  Certainly can't hurt to call and try

17 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I didn't think that you are allowed to change cabins.  That said, I read a post on here from someone that said that their TA was able to change their RoyalUp cabin number.  Certainly can't hurt to call and try

I would think that if someone followed the same process as changing a guarantee, i.e., don't mention upgrade, just find an open stateroom in the same exact category and ask to change, it might work.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

It is a shame, because it is a perfect location for us. I have had problems in the past with infants and toddlers in the connecting room crying at night, etc. i may try and call my TA and see if it is possible. Only 3 weeks till the cruise.

2 minutes ago, bananawindnj said:

It is a shame, because it is a perfect location for us. I have had problems in the past with infants and toddlers in the connecting room crying at night, etc. i may try and call my TA and see if it is possible. Only 3 weeks till the cruise.

Please let us know if you are successful