Harmony from Port Canaveral - demographic?

We sail on Oasis out of Port Canaveral about 4 times a year - February, May, August, and October - and have always seen a very international mix on board. As for "drive ins", we've never seen the attached parking garage full on any of our cruises (and we drive in), but do see a steady stream of busses coming down the 528 from the theme park areas going to the port.

We just got off of a weekender on Enchantment on Monday, and the garage was at best half full (and Oasis departs on Sunday).

Oh Joe, the Scots are not "foreign", they are our cousins across the pond and there are many  Americans with Scottish ancestry.

I would be happy to meet you especially if you are wearing a KILT, or not😉.

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I feel like most of the cruises I've been on, there is always one or more guys wearing a kilt on formal night. Not necessarily from Scotland but celebrating their Scottish heritage.

Diddy, of the Clan Puffy

Screenshot_20190331-132319_Google.jpg

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Judyrem said:

Oh Joe, the Scots are not "foreign", they are our cousins across the pond and there are many  Americans with Scottish ancestry.

I would be happy to meet you especially if you are wearing a KILT, or not😉.

I'm told Bell is of Scottish ancestry.  🐾🐾

She's a Highlander 

Edited by John&LaLa

Your biggest demograph will a LOT of kids.  July is prime time for families with school out.  Families that are coming in from all countries.  Many combine the "land of the mouse" with a cruise.  

And now with Coco Cay and the new theme park set up...will be even more.  

Edited by island lady

LOL, islandlady, I am  TOO aware of this being a kids cruise:classic_unsure:, that is why my  10 year old granddaughter and I are going Yikes!👀  I will be sitting in the Solarium reading with a fruity drink with an umbrella, while she is in the kid's club!🍹

I hope she meets kids from all over the world! 🌏🌍🌎 What an experience IMO.🚢

27 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

LOL, islandlady, I am  TOO aware of this being a kids cruise:classic_unsure:, that is why my  10 year old granddaughter and I are going Yikes!👀  I will be sitting in the Solarium reading with a fruity drink with an umbrella, while she is in the kid's club!🍹

I hope she meets kids from all over the world! 🌏🌍🌎 What an experience IMO.🚢

Yup, your granddaughter and several thousand other kids.  She will indeed be surrounded by them.  😉 

On 3/4/2019 at 5:17 PM, CruisingJoe09 said:

Sailing out of Port Canaveral on Harmony in July. I haven't sailed from there before, and given that it is known to be a port where many drive in, I'm guessing that it will be a mostly American demographic.

Coming from Scotland, I'm slightly worried that I'll be an outsider on this ship. It felt like that on Anthem a few years ago where almost every guest was from NY/NJ. Sailing out of Barcelona on the Symphony last year was nice since no particular nationality dominated the ship, it felt like a good mix of cultures.

Anyone who has sailed the Canaveral 7 nighters, what is the typical demographic like?

Probably lots of US families as it is summer vacation for the kids.

Orlando Airport brings in a lot of International flights, so I am sure there will be a good amount of European's on the ship, plus they do Disney for a few days before heading to the ship, so its a win win for them coming so far.