Cruise Critic Awards Best Ship to ........

evandbob

My thoughts . . .

Carnival will keep their cabin pricing low and still make cruising economical for me and I'll gladly forgo all the awards. I say this without malice and hope it doesn't sound like "sour grapes".

• Like 5

Question on this topic - Do you think more people are starting threads for their reviews, rather than using the Review tool?

Maybe they need to add an option for rating, when a user starts a thread.

i.e: Is this a review? yes - pop up the rating buttons.

• Like 2

Yeah, not believing this.  This is just a marketing tool for Celebrity.  They do it every year.  If they really wanted to know, they'd send a poll to each member who had [x] amount of posts (to combat bots), not base it on the Review tool.

I call BS

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

Since you never use the quote feature here to make known who you are addressing I'll ask: who are you addressing this time?

I think the better question is who does not like Carnival?  

On 3/6/2019 at 3:48 PM, fyree39 said:

Interesting that the one category where Carnival really shines is the category that happens OFF the ship.  The awards just goes to show the direction Carnival has taken.  It speaks volumes for Royal and Celebrity.

Does it?

On 3/6/2019 at 4:22 PM, ARcruisin2 said:

Question on this topic - Do you think more people are starting threads for their reviews, rather than using the Review tool?

Maybe they need to add an option for rating, when a user starts a thread.

i.e: Is this a review? yes - pop up the rating buttons.

By far, the best reviews done (many from here) are done on their own, in the manner and format that they want.  Polls are polls, that and 4.99 will get you a happy meal at McDonalds. 

• Like 3

I have followed cruise cruise critic for a number of years and also follow John Heald's facebook.  I do wonder why you are so defensive when anyone says anything negative about Carnival.  Any time JH name is mentioned you attempt to redeem him  and any time there is a criticism of Carnival you dispute it.  Am curious if you have never cruised on another line at least a number of times or if you are an employee of Carnival.  I do know that JH constantly puts jibes in about Cruise Critic and his faithful minons follow suit.   With that hatred shown toward cruise critic I can understand why so few would vote for Carnival.  I do think loyal Carnival enthusiasts need to try other lines to discover that they offer a great product,  Carnival has gone downhill in our opinion but that's us.  Just can't understand your dying devotion over the years to Carnival.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Moz said:

I have followed cruise cruise critic for a number of years and also follow John Heald's facebook.  I do wonder why you are so defensive when anyone says anything negative about Carnival.  Any time JH name is mentioned you attempt to redeem him  and any time there is a criticism of Carnival you dispute it.  Am curious if you have never cruised on another line at least a number of times or if you are an employee of Carnival.  I do know that JH constantly puts jibes in about Cruise Critic and his faithful minons follow suit.   With that hatred shown toward cruise critic I can understand why so few would vote for Carnival.  I do think loyal Carnival enthusiasts need to try other lines to discover that they offer a great product,  Carnival has gone downhill in our opinion but that's us.  Just can't understand your dying devotion over the years to Carnival.

Who are you referring to?

1 hour ago, sanmarcosman said:

Since you never use the quote feature here to make known who you are addressing I'll ask: who are you addressing this time?

I have no idea what you are talking about. Or are you just posting to be mean? 

1 hour ago, Moz said:

I was not sure, that is why I asked.  Since you asked, I will answer but it is really not following the thread.  Specifically on this thread, I do not think I showed any favoritism.  Carnival is by far the biggest (read that as highest posts) threads on CC.  With that comes some animosity, I have no idea why that is so. They are the largest cruise line on the world (without their other cruise line holdings).  I do not have to defend John, he is a big boy and can do that just fine.  People here for some reason hate him, the things I mention when I question people about their thoughts on him loading his threads and feeding and making up items I do so that they can hear truth (whether they like it or accept it or not is a different story).  I can back these up with facts (enough o sway even you, but this is not the venue to do it). 

We can discuss your thoughts on Carnival going down hill, just start a thread on it.  Not sure why it matters, but I have sailed on four other lines (3 that I paid for, one was a comp).  We can discuss the virtues of other cruiselines by comparison as well, again start a thread.  

Now it terms of this thread, without going on a tangent, Celebrity has been mentioned a lot.  They have brought some newer ships with some unique features.  Some here that sail on Celebrity ships rave by their experiences.  A couple of question then, why is would you think that if you look at their sales numbers they are declining?  Why is they do not sail full?  How would their number of cruisers compare to the big 3?  That is in part why I posted my comments that I did (none which mentioned John’s name).  Lastly, I am not an employee of Carnival, they get all this for free.....  In fact, the opposite is true, it has cost me mucho dinero to sail on our 35 Carnival cruises.  I really do beleive that what they offer is in fact the best product for the money in terms of cruising (just my 2 cents).  Start the threads, let’s have a real discussion (this one will prob disappear soon).

1 hour ago, Moz said:

Thought I put the quote in but sorry I must not have known how to do it.  I was referring to the many quotes of Jimbo.  thank You.

How many is the correct number of quotes to have?  Are there quota’s on counts, must have missed that in my 12 + years here.....?

50 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I was not sure, that is why I asked.  Since you asked, I will answer but it is really not following the thread.  Specifically on this thread, I do not think I showed any favoritism.  Carnival is by far the biggest (read that as highest posts) threads on CC.  With that comes some animosity, I have no idea why that is so. They are the largest cruise line on the world (without their other cruise line holdings).  I do not have to defend John, he is a big boy and can do that just fine.  People here for some reason hate him, the things I mention when I question people about their thoughts on him loading his threads and feeding and making up items I do so that they can hear truth (whether they like it or accept it or not is a different story).  I can back these up with facts (enough o sway even you, but this is not the venue to do it). 

We can discuss your thoughts on Carnival going down hill, just start a thread on it.  Not sure why it matters, but I have sailed on four other lines (3 that I paid for, one was a comp).  We can discuss the virtues of other cruiselines by comparison as well, again start a thread.  

Now it terms of this thread, without going on a tangent, Celebrity has been mentioned a lot.  They have brought some newer ships with some unique features.  Some here that sail on Celebrity ships rave by their experiences.  A couple of question then, why is would you think that if you look at their sales numbers they are declining?  Why is they do not sail full?  How would their number of cruisers compare to the big 3?  That is in part why I posted my comments that I did (none which mentioned John’s name).  Lastly, I am not an employee of Carnival, they get all this for free.....  In fact, the opposite is true, it has cost me mucho dinero to sail on our 35 Carnival cruises.  I really do beleive that what they offer is in fact the best product for the money in terms of cruising (just my 2 cents).  Start the threads, let’s have a real discussion (this one will prob disappear soon).

Thank you for your reply Jimbo.  I mean no harm to anyone and just wondered about several things and you answered my questions and certainly entitled to your respect of Carnival.  I have no intention of starting new threads I am not a combative person, nor do I have the time to pursue this any longer.  I can still have my own opinions on Carnival, John Heald's facebook and other cruise lines that we have sailed.  Would love to try Celebrity but due to my age will not be able to cruise any more after our October MSC cruise.  Again thank you for your genuinely nice response.

4 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

By far, the best reviews done (many from here) are done on their own, in the manner and format that they want.  Polls are polls, that and 4.99 will get you a happy meal at McDonalds. 

Not so fast Jimbo. A Happy Meal in my part of the world is only $3.29. :classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1