Bringing my own water

three acts

Is it still allowed to bring my own bottled water onboard..I'm only talking about a 6 or 8 pk...but would like to have my favorite flavored water in the cabin.

Haven't cruised in several years and know much has changed.

10 hours ago, three acts said:

Is it still allowed to bring my own bottled water onboard..I'm only talking about a 6 or 8 pk...but would like to have my favorite flavored water in the cabin.

Haven't cruised in several years and know much has changed.

No.

Policy: Effective for sailings July 15, 2016 and beyond, guests are prohibited from bringing any beverages -- including liquor, beer and non-alcoholic drinks such as water, soda and juices -- on board either as carry-on or checked luggage, with the exception of purified or distilled water in factory-sealed containers for use in conjunction with medical devices or for the reconstitution of infant formula; and fully sealed and/or corked wine bottles for personal consumption onboard that is subject to screening and a corkage fee (for guests 21 years of age or older). Open beverages of any kind must be consumed or discarded at the security check-point, on embarkation day and at any port of call. This revised policy brings the company in line with other best practice travel security protocols and reduces the need for individual time consuming screening and package inspection of large volumes of beverages.

In Nov/Dec of last year DH and I were on a b2b aboard the Epic. At the first port I purchased a soda. I put the half I did not drink in my bag and forgot about it. When we go back on the ship my bag went through the X-ray machine and all was well. Imagine my surprise when I found the soda in my bag when we got to our cabin. 

At the next port I intentionally purchased a bottle of water and a Pepsi. You guessed it, my bag went through the X-ray machine and not a word. Needless to says I did the same thing at each port but with 2 bottles of water and 2 sodas at each port. No one ever said a word to me.

I am not sure why and I did not question why. I guess it just depends on who is manning the X-ray machine and we got lucky at each port.

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes. security just let it go because they did not want to inconvenience all of the people for those people being sneaky and dishonest. 

Ahhhh come on ...that wasn't necessary..

Why would you bring water on the ship ?? The ship desalinates water, which basically means that all water that comes from any water source onboard is basically the same as bottled water. There is 100% 0 reason to bring bottled water onboard.

On 3/9/2019 at 5:57 PM, DAVECHIPP1974 said:

Why would you bring water on the ship ?? The ship desalinates water, which basically means that all water that comes from any water source onboard is basically the same as bottled water. There is 100% 0 reason to bring bottled water onboard.

I think the question has less to do with onboard water quality and that this poster has a preferred flavored water.  Be that as it may, I do agree.  Onboard water is fine, and is pretty much exactly like the bottled stuff.