“LIVE” from Symphony of the Seas, March 9, 2019

You’ve reminded me.  Just threw in plastic straws for my Walmart pickup tomorrow. Paper straws are pointless!

PS- what’s the drink with the pineapple? Is that a Dole Whip?!?!  If those are on the ship I’m in big trouble.

Pina colada with dark rum. My favorite Cruise beverage [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you bid on if you don't mind me asking? We sail on Harmony in 5 weeks and put in the max bid for the 2 bedroom Aqua Suite. So hoping that we get it. Have fun on your cruise and I will happily follow along.

I bid on a Grand Suite. We are in a standard ocean view on deck 7. The minimum bid was $700 per person. I more than doubled that amount and the bid only showed at about 45% on the “strength-o-meter”. With a max bid, I would think you have as good of a shot as any!

• Like 2

Standard ocean view balcony on Deck 7 forward.

We really like decks 6 or 7 on Oasis class. You can really take the stairs up or down a few flights to get to the majority of venues.

The only time we take the elevator is to the pool deck.

Another tip from my experience. The forward elevators tend to be less congested.

7e5eccab6bf484d7cc18ac74fcf6f32f.jpg

d92e1e40821c2674b7903032da182241.jpg

faf886de3c9fe0ad302b2b5f26535c8c.jpg

fc6b40674c375144c3c54c1dff42f3cd.jpg

1231f1d02b2e2d93c504237b6a121d24.jpg

9933f97f98ed78b1feca1d785baa7bbd.jpg

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Foosguy said:

Sailing on Symphony in 3 weeks, can anyone tell me what they are selling the Deluxe Alcohol package for once onboard on day 0 or day 1?

Kyle

Last week it was $70 a day if you bought it onboard.

I did see the 10 drink card advertised at bars at the end of the week. I think they were $85.  My husband and I commented that they would only pay off if used for the $13 drinks as the drink of the day was always about $8 and beer was less than that.

Sailing on Symphony in 3 weeks, can anyone tell me what they are selling the Deluxe Alcohol package for once onboard on day 0 or day 1?

Kyle

8cf0e81ef69ff71742db156b802f4346.jpg

Yesterday it was buy one, get one half off. Today, no discounts

22 minutes ago, er345 said:

Last week it was $70 a day if you bought it onboard.

I did see the 10 drink card advertised at bars at the end of the week. I think they were $85.  My husband and I commented that they would only pay off if used for the $13 drinks as the drink of the day was always about $8 and beer was less than that.

Thanks for the drink card info!  We don’t have the delux package and my friend and I will consider splitting this at the end of the cruise...

Was there a certain bar for the drink of the day?   I assume it’s advertised in the compass?

2 minutes ago, Cel_cruise said:

Was there a certain bar for the drink of the day?   I assume it’s advertised in the compass?

No certain bar and it will be in the Compass.

3 hours ago, Foosguy said:

Kyle

Looking at the $52 per person per day pricing on my cruise planner right now, you'd more than make up for the extra day you might be "saving" by buying the drink package in advance. Would more than pay for the difference after only four days. 

A great day of relaxing and eating [emoji847] just came back to the room to get away from the crowds, and order a cheese plate from room service.

Darn! No longer on the menu! So I went to the solarium cafe to assemble my own. Nothing better than an afternoon glass of wine and cheese plate on the balcony!

Then I walked in the room and found this! [emoji2360]

c01b1982bf20a760d4e2783fe6636c78.jpg

Now I have two.

2828fbfce69b4a5dbdad70ed14b392dc.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Ummm, they were reading your mind bringing you a cheese plate whilst you stepped out to make your own. Better be careful with your thoughts. No wait, don’t be, let’s see how it all plays out. 😀 

Enjoy your nice quiet down time. Find one those books that Andrew posted on his thread, that ought to keep you entertained for awhile. 😀 

Ummm, they were reading your mind bringing you a cheese plate whilst you stepped out to make your own. Better be careful with your thoughts. No wait, don’t be, let’s see how it all plays out. [emoji3] 

Enjoy your nice quiet down time. Find one those books that Andrew posted on his thread, that ought to keep you entertained for awhile. [emoji3] 

Ha! Wouldn’t it be fun to save a group of chairs with every book in that series at the foot rests?

[emoji23][emoji38] that would be a periscope worthy experiment

Great job Chris. I just barreled thru this. We could have used you in The Attic last night. CruiseLifeRick was not happy with the low attendance.

Saw Andrew and Lisa at the pool today, and he mentioned last nights festivities were weak on participation, according to CLR.....maybe you’ll have more luck at the silent party tonight! [emoji6]

I will certainly be hours into my REM sleep when you guys are just beginning, but I’ll be cheering you on in spirit!

6 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

Ha! Wouldn’t it be fun to save a group of chairs with every book in that series at the foot rests?

emoji23.pngemoji38.png that would be a periscope worthy experiment

Haha. Don’t give me any ideas, you know like I should buy a few of these books and tastefully place them around Allure when I sail on her in 56 days. 😀

hmmmm. 😜

• Like 2

We're going onboard as you depart.  Would love to know your impressions of the entertainment - particularly the Schooner bar piano player, pub entertainer, and the comedians.  Thanks.

Will definitely report back. [emoji4] we have the comedy show booked this week and will also try the pub one evening

I was up around 7 am this morning, and there was nary the soul stirring on the promenade.

It was eerily creepy. [emoji15] I think daylight savings time thru everyone off.

Imagine this photo with a few hundred body’s milling about the Pashima sale, and it would more accurately depict the promenade.

9361b6cb7580baa209ac5dddfa6bd65a.jpg

• Like 3

I was up around 7 am this morning, and there was nary the soul stirring on the promenade.

It was eerily creepy. [emoji15] I think daylight savings time thru everyone off.

Imagine this photo with a few hundred body’s milling about the Pashima sale, and it would more accurately depict the promenade.

9361b6cb7580baa209ac5dddfa6bd65a.jpg