Breakfast with Stanley

lindsaygal

Has anyone done the breakfast with Stanley? We just saw it was added to our sailing on the Regal in two weeks. We are bringing our young kids on this trip and we were wondering if anyone had a review. Also, if anyone has a copy of the menu, it would be appreciated!

50 minutes ago, lindsaygal said:

Hi Bollycats, 

It is under Specialty Dining Reservation. It was just added this week, for just $10 a person I'm hoping my kids enjoy it!

I don't have it-just Crown Grill and Sabatini's but I'll keep looking for it. My cruise isn't until later in the year so maybe they're just testing it out for now. 

Thanks!

We are also on the Regal in August.  Nothing in our personalizer under specialty dining reservations, just Crown and Sabatini's.

Am interested in it for future use also.  For those that do see it in their personalizer, how far out is your cruise.  Two people here mentioned sailing in one and two weeks.  Anyone have it on their personalizer sailing a little later?

Pooh

2 hours ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

Interesting!  Our girls are 9 & 6; we cruise Sunday on Regal.  I'll open personalizer now and check it out.  

Negative.  8am Friday is our only option.  I am so not setting an alarm for it.  

While I would rather do pretty much anything other than have breakfast with Stanley I totally agree with you regarding setting an alarm or getting up early on a cruise. Yes, I would love to see the sunrise at sea and would love to watch as we enter various ports but, since I retired, I simply do not get up early. I had enough of that when I worked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

While I would rather do pretty much anything other than have breakfast with Stanley I totally agree with you regarding setting an alarm or getting up early on a cruise. Yes, I would love to see the sunrise at sea and would love to watch as we enter various ports but, since I retired, I simply do not get up early. I had enough of that when I worked.

My husband and I always get up early.  But we are traveling with our granddaughters and I'm so not going to set an alarm, then have them dressed and ready for breakfast at 8am on a sea day.  Nope.  I would have reserved it for 9am on our Princess Cays day...

1 hour ago, oskidunker said:

Who is Stanley?

Stanley is a stuffed bear that Princess is pushing. One can get various outfits for the bear. There is also a costume that a person wears. Not our thing but it would be interesting if someone could copy and past the description from their personalizer so we can see what it actually says.

image.png.dc51ba03426773d0ee575f19fa1258f9.png 

image.png.7d8604d1057064e932d136b8de610cc2.png

image.png

Edited by Thrak

37 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Stanley is a stuffed bear that Princess is pushing. One can get various outfits for the bear. There is also a costume that a person wears. Not our thing but it would be interesting if someone could copy and past the description from their personalizer so we can see what it actually says.

image.png.dc51ba03426773d0ee575f19fa1258f9.png 

image.png.7d8604d1057064e932d136b8de610cc2.png

image.png

It doesn't say much, but here you go!  

2019-03-11 (1).png

2019-03-11.png

• Like 1

It's been a few years, but I did a Disney cruise and the character breakfast was free.  You can argue that its included in their low, low cruise price, but there isn't an additional charge. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pms4104 said:

A variation of Carnival's Dr. Seus Breakfast, perhaps?

We did this on Carnival! Kids had a blast seeing the characters but refused point blank to even entertain the thought of eating green eggs and ham (there was other food on the menu but of course they insisted on ordering that as it was the green eggs n ham breakfast). Money well spent - not!

12 hours ago, pms4104 said:

A variation of Carnival's Dr. Seus Breakfast, perhaps?

I think they are trying to be a little more family friendly to compete for some of the younger crowed. We enjoyed the Carnival Dr. Seuss breakfast and i'm hoping this has a similar feel but with the higher end Princess touches. 

Edited by lindsaygal

Checked our Cruise Personalizer for our upcoming Alaska cruise in July on the Grand. We don’t have this option. I had seen Stanley Bear originally launched on the Alaska cruises, so it’s a bit disappointing that they don’t offer the breakfast. We’re bringing our daughter, who will be 7 when we sail. By the time we take our next cruise I doubt she’ll be interested in such a thing.