Ocean Medallion Included Accessories

fdpevey

On 8/1/2019 at 12:56 PM, Pierlesscruisers said:

No requirement for you to buy it. Like everything else, some will want it some won't.

Tom

OOO!  Snarky!  Like it.  Did buy the pack of 5 color fitbit bracelets from Amazon.  Now I can color coordinate!  Ready for the big time!

• Haha 1

On 3/11/2019 at 10:46 PM, Cruisecrazy25 said:

Is the blue background part blue for everyone? I saw someone post an elite black background and was curious...

This is what we received on this Caribbean Princess in January.

B532BD67-ACFB-4B18-A8B8-DE2C990B675D.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 10:46 PM, Cruisecrazy25 said:

Is the blue background part blue for everyone? I saw someone post an elite black background and was curious...

This is what we received on this Caribbean Princess in January.

Tony

We just received ours yesterday and the paper background was blue for both of us.  Our lanyards were different also, thinner and white with blue lettering that says "Accenture> Ocean Medallion" and the Princess logo.  They're a soft material though so I think they'll be comfortable.

38 minutes ago, pompeii said:

We just received ours yesterday and the paper background was blue for both of us.  Our lanyards were different also, thinner and white with blue lettering that says "Accenture> Ocean Medallion" and the Princess logo.  They're a soft material though so I think they'll be comfortable.

Does this lanyard thingie make anyone else think Dollar Store?  And, an Accenture advert to boot.

5 hours ago, pompeii said:

We got the same for our cruise next week.  I'm going to switch out the lanyard for one of my own.  Thinking about doing a DIY paper background, but I have less than a week and I'm not very crafty.

Has anyone had any experience with younger children wearing the medallion our granddaughter will be three when we cruise on our first medallion adventure and I don't see her wearing this in any way, shape,  or form.

Thanks for the info.  I was also referred to this Amazon product:

Luke3DP Watch Adapter for Holding a Carnival Ocean Medallion (Water)

Water is one of the color choices for this gadget that allows you to add the medallion to your watchband or fitbit band.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 8:53 PM, medsed said:

Has anyone had any experience with younger children wearing the medallion our granddaughter will be three when we cruise on our first medallion adventure and I don't see her wearing this in any way, shape,  or form.

My kids found it a bit troublesome as the lanyard is set size and it was much too long for them to wear around their neck.  It became cumbersome as it hung so low.  As a stopgap, I just tied a knot at the back to shorten it to a more reasonable length.  When they were at Camp Discovery, the counselors actually asked that the parents hang onto the medallions for the kids rather than let them keep it as I suspect they got in the way during the activities quite a bit and were prone to getting lost or mixed up with others. 

4 hours ago, strobellayjam said:

My kids found it a bit troublesome as the lanyard is set size and it was much too long for them to wear around their neck.  It became cumbersome as it hung so low.  As a stopgap, I just tied a knot at the back to shorten it to a more reasonable length.  When they were at Camp Discovery, the counselors actually asked that the parents hang onto the medallions for the kids rather than let them keep it as I suspect they got in the way during the activities quite a bit and were prone to getting lost or mixed up with others. 

Our little one is on the tiny size. I think we will have to come up with something. She will never leave it around her neck.  Perhaps I can fashion a way to put it around her ankle.  Not sure what we will do......except joy our vacation....lol

The lanyard can be tied up for kids; or adults.  There are many ways to carry it.  Around the neck, in your pocket(its the size of a quarter), like a smart watch on a wristband.  

On 8/5/2019 at 10:47 AM, ljhershey said:

Thanks for the info.  I was also referred to this Amazon product:

Luke3DP Watch Adapter for Holding a Carnival Ocean Medallion (Water)

Water is one of the color choices for this gadget that allows you to add the medallion to your watchband or fitbit band.

Looks great.  I checked it out, but I can't tell how it attaches to the "watch" band.  Does anyone know?  Is it clipped or somehow strapped to it?  I'm hoping strapped, since maybe I can use it on my non-smart watches.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redwing55 said:

Looks great.  I checked it out, but I can't tell how it attaches to the "watch" band.  Does anyone know?  Is it clipped or somehow strapped to it?  I'm hoping strapped, since maybe I can use it on my non-smart watches.

I ordered one this morning and I'm hoping it arrives before we leave next week.  It looked to me that it slips over the strap, so it wouldn't work for a regular stretch watch band that slips over your hand onto your wrist.  I think it will work on bands that buckle, or in my case, velcro together.  image.thumb.png.97ad8d303f41a2513b617570cbac9f48.png

Edited by pompeii
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, medsed said:

Our little one is on the tiny size. I think we will have to come up with something. She will never leave it around her neck.  Perhaps I can fashion a way to put it around her ankle.  Not sure what we will do......except joy our vacation....lol

Enjoy it for sure!  Have a fabulous time with the family!

On 8/5/2019 at 11:34 PM, medsed said:

I just scrolled through the options presented to me in OceanReady. It seems to me the clip may work well with small children? Then clip it somewhere where they can't grab it off (e.g., the back of the shirt). Just a thought...

For the huge amount of money that Princess and Carnival Corp put into this ever-evolcing program, you would think that they cojld furnish a holder of some type befitting the sophistication of the program.

Why a cheap lanyard and plastic envelope such as one might get and wear at a convention of ketchup or bookshelf makers?

Yes, I recall a gel-type wristband ... that was engineered so badly, Princess immediately withdrew it.  So, now people can scour Apple and Amazon for something appropriate or buy an overpriced holder/jewelry item from Princess ... or wear the cheaply made and free lanyard thingie.

Not very classy!

Edited by pms4104

10 hours ago, cruise4kicks said:

I just scrolled through the options presented to me in OceanReady. It seems to me the clip may work well with small children? Then clip it somewhere where they can't grab it off (e.g., the back of the shirt). Just a thought...

That is a good idea...the back of her outfit might work.  I may just carry it myself for her. She is never not with me with the exception that this trip she might go to kids club here or there....we will just have to see what works as we go along.....

39 minutes ago, derryleigh said:

I have a couple of dressy lanyards that I have used on previous cruises. Can these be used with Ocean Medallions?

The Medallion is round.  It might fit into a plastic sleeve, you would have to make sure it did not fall out.

• 1 month later...

On 3/15/2019 at 3:17 PM, fdpevey said:

20190126_160645.jpg

I am a little OCD so wanted to experiment with making some crafty paper inserts (for the plastic case thingy)  before our medallions arrive - would anyone have the dimensions of the insert they could share? 

Also, ETSY is a great place to find custom / fun badge holders / reels - clip ons, belt loop style etc!

Thank you to everyone who has posted on this thread - great information! 

On 3/15/2019 at 3:17 PM, fdpevey said:

20190126_160645.jpg

I am a little OCD so wanted to experiment with making some crafty paper inserts (for the plastic case thingy)  before our medallions arrive - would anyone have the dimensions of the insert they could share? 

Also, ETSY is a great place to find custom / fun badge holders / reels - clip ons, belt loop style etc!

Thank you to everyone who has posted on this thread - great information!