Eclipse questions? Ask here

cruisestitch

I think that might be a difficulty. Self disembarkation will not be available.  They don’t expect general disembarkation to begin until 830. At the earliest. I know that the airport is close to the pier in San Diego but I still think that would be cutting it very close. Some things to consider. Domestic or international? Do you have any frequent-flier status or any status that would get you through airport security earlier?   What would be your plan if you cannot make that flight? How much would it cost to fly standby on a later flight.

10 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Scrapngal, i have been by the photo shop several times but I don’t see any scrapbook for sale there.

Guess I'll have to scrapbook from my stash. I think I'll be fine, I could likely open a store LOL. Thanks for taking the time 😄

12 hours ago, gordylad said:

13 hours ago, Plato123 said:

Can you please tell us who the sommelier is in Luminae and who is the current bartender in Michaels Club?

Thanks.

The Sommlier in Luminae is Maria and she is excellent. 

We have seen different bartenders during the day in MC.  In the evening Arlene is there until about 7 when she takes her break.   There is also a snack attendant passing the canapé (only 1 option each evening).  It has been busy and with just a bartender taking orders, making & delivering drinks service has been slow. 

On 3/29/2019 at 12:41 PM, clskinsfan said:

We are on Eclipse for the 10 day itinerary in Alaska on May 9th. How is she looking? I know she is due to be refitted next year I believe. Also. Do you know if the pool in the solarium was heated during your cruise?

The ship is in great shape other than the curtains in the staterooms, at least ours anyway. We were in AQ and they were horrible, so if that is an indication, I can't imagine the other cabins.  Other than that, everything else on the ships was as close to perfect.

• Thanks 1

On April 6, 2019 at 5:38 PM, jelayne said:

.......There is also a snack attendant passing the canapé (only 1 option each evening).  It has been busy and with just a bartender taking orders, making & delivering drinks service has been slow. 

I am posting from the Eclipse.  We boarded on March 10th and are in the final leg of a B2B2B.  There actually have been two canapé options each evening -- but they are limited in number.  Generally the most popular option is very quickly exhausted, so if folks aren't there by 5:30 it seems as if there is only one option.  Why more canapés weren't prepared or replenished is a mystery to me.  Seems like an easy problem to solve -- just make more of the popular ones.

Also the March 24th cruise was considered a re-positioning cruise, so MC was much busier since not all suite passengers had beverage packages.  On the current cruise, despite the fact that we have a number of Blue Chip passengers on board, MC has been much quieter.

And to ciskinsfan:  Actually, I have found the Eclipse to be in good shape.  Crew and staff are upbeat.  We have thoroughly enjoyed our time onboard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

cruisestich - we just booked the San Antonio to San Diego cruise for next March...

Just read your notes straight through!!!! 

I have truly enjoyed all your posts  --  your trip must have been truly Amazing!

Thanks  --  Von

I am trying to organize a private tour in Cabo. Just wondering what time it would be safe to book the tour from, seeing as Celebrity Excursions will have priority for tenders.

Ship is there at 9... would 10 be too early?

They Were still calling tender numbers at noon. In order to get off it quickly as you are hoping to, you would need to have tender ticket numbers one or two, and that will take some maneuvering. You’ll have to be first in line to get tender tickets And remember that there will be a lot of other people who want to be first in line also!

13 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

They Were still calling tender numbers at noon. In order to get off it quickly as you are hoping to, you would need to have tender ticket numbers one or two, and that will take some maneuvering. You’ll have to be first in line to get tender tickets And remember that there will be a lot of other people who want to be first in line also!

Wow!!! Was your stop 9-4 like ours? If so, what time was the last tender? I'm thinking I might reconsider the tour option.

Also, is all aboard time at ports from San Antonio to San Diego generally 1 hour before departure?

Sorry I don’t remember what time our port stop was in Cabo but that sounds about right.  It was roughly 3 hours after arrival when they stopped calling tender numbers and said it was open  tender.

At each port, all aboard was generally half an hour before sailaway time.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

may be the wrong site , but have booked and Aqua Class on Eclipse but now find out there may be an overhang we  have cabin 1583  I don’t want to be kept in the shade , does anyone have any knowledge of the overhang .

We nearly got caught out on the Edge but managed to change the cabin and really enjoyed the Edge. 

4 hours ago, amoscotti said:

Hi

may be the wrong site , but have booked and Aqua Class on Eclipse but now find out there may be an overhang we  have cabin 1583  I don’t want to be kept in the shade , does anyone have any knowledge of the overhang .

We nearly got caught out on the Edge but managed to change the cabin and really enjoyed the Edge. 

There is overhang above 1583 -- it's the pool deck above you that juts out.  If you want an AQ cabin with no overhang, chose one of the A2's (1545 to 1501), or one of the A2's on the aft section of the hump.  The overhang there are the suite stateroom balconies from above on Deck 12.  They have overhang from the Oceanview Cafe on Deck 14.

• 1 month later...

can anyone tell me:

At Callao did Celebrity put on a free shuttle into Lima.? We will plan to go to Miraflores.

At Manta did Celebrity put on a free shuttle into town. If they did can anyone tell me if there is a craft market/shops in town?

Thanks