Anti-Motion Sickness Glasses Available

orvil

I've been participating in a thread with some of you about some crazy looking glasses that are designed to be used to prevent motion sickness.  The reviews were great.  I was having a hard time getting them.  I finally got a pair, but it was after my last voyage.  I haven't tried them.  A lot of you were interested in them.   The supply has been very limited and the wait time very long.  The demand seems to easily out strip the supply. 

The first place that I tried to get them was Marine Chandlery.com in the UK.  Here is a link to the page,  https://www.marinechandlery.com/anti-motion-sickness-sea-sickness-glasses-boarding-ring  While they couldn't supply them to me, I found their customer service to be really good.  I just received a personal email from them offering me a pair even though I had cancelled my order back in October.  They said the supply was limited.  Anyhow, if you want a pair, they have them in stock.  You will  have to be fast to order and the price went up.

I thought you might want to know. 

Can I do the honors?👀

Just received a notice that my glasses will arrive tomorrow.  Will take a photo and post.

Do not think that they would go over glasses but they are not something that you wear for a long period of time.

Mine won't fit over glasses.  But, I ordered the youth size because I am a small woman.  

You don't wear them 24/7. The instructions say to use them for around 20 minutes.  This should reset your motion sensors.  

My guess is I will wear them on my balcony for 20 minutes.  Then go about my business.  If I get into a tender, I may wear them.  

I am anxious to see how these work out for all of you  getting them.  I really wouldn't want to wear them around the ship.  Or is this going to become the new cruise style????

Orvil, throwing Squeeze 1 overboard has been tried.  He keeps coming back.:classic_biggrin:  Love ya Squeeze.

• 1 month later...
On 3/13/2019 at 8:32 PM, Zqueeze1 said:

I got a pair issued to me by Uncle Sam when I was in the military. But, as you can see, they were too tight. 

Z and TB

9A618D91-8CB7-4F22-987C-47329E522DD8.jpeg.0735a82f5679612f6deb88151aa3259e.jpeg

Funny, I've seen your eyes look just like that many, many times, you big rum pig.

K

• Haha 1

I use the seasickness patches and tolerate them quite well, except for a terribly dry mouth. I would gladly try something that prevented seasickness without having to resort to string medication. Accupressure bands etc do not work for me so I will be very interested to hear how people get on with these.

As a long time optician, I find it difficult to believe that these would be anything more than a placebo, and a very ugly placebo.

Before I became an optician, I was in the US Navy for six years, five of which were on a destroyer, 390 feet long, 40 feet wide, displacing 22,000 tone.  Tiny compared to even the smaller Regent ships.  I was very prone to sea sickness and was miserable for the first two or three days at sea, every time.

Bonine, zero side effects 100% effective.

6 minutes ago, frankdp said:

As a long time optician, I find it difficult to believe that these would be anything more than a placebo, and a very ugly placebo.

Bonine, zero side effects 100% effective.

You could be right but I am interested to hear from people who have tried them. Bonine has not worked for me.

I’m sure Bonine is not effective for all, but I suggest that folks try it.  For those it is effective for, it’s like a miracle.  

And I too would love to hear or read some “first person” reports on the sea spex.