Swapping out the elite mini bar options

kywildcatfanone

About to go on our first cruise is a year, and was wondering if any options had changed regarding the ability to swap out the elite mini bar setup.  We used to get 2 coffee cards, but on a 7 day cruise, we don't drink enough coffee to use them up now that they are only for the cruise itself and tied to your account.  Was wondering if they would do one coffee package and one soft drink package for 2 guests?  Anyone asked about that?

I have complained to the onboard circle host about both passengers have only one choice for exchanging the minibar setup for elite.  What if only one of you drink coffee?  She said she hadn't thought about that.  I wish enough people would complain and they would change the options.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Joy_K said:

I have complained to the onboard circle host about both passengers have only one choice for exchanging the minibar setup for elite.  What if only one of you drink coffee?  She said she hadn't thought about that.  I wish enough people would complain and they would change the options.  

We are extremely lucky to get the mini bar in the first place.Also to be permitted to exchange at all.  Complain too much and the perk my go away.

We are our own worst enemy.

• Like 7

For the Exchange, I always get 2 Sprites, 2 Cokes and the rest all Diet Cokes.  Now with the coffee cards tied to the specific cruise, that is a "no go" for us -- we MIGHT buy 3 coffees max on a seven day cruise.  But even with the Soda and More package, my wife will consume all those Mini-Bar Exchange cans of Diet Coke in seven days while she is in the cabin!

On 4/11/2018 at 4:58 PM, reedprincess said:

Here you go, all your questions answered - what's included, what you can swap for, etc...

Call Room Service to make any swaps:

Question:What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer:Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each ofCognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2)12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ouncebottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question:What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-barstocked?

Answer:Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks,beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service tochange your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question:Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer:You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of winevalued at $40 or less.

Question:Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles ofliquor?

Answer:No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on aone-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question:Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar foralcohol?

Answer:No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-onebasis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

Question:What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer:If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will behappy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

• Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis
  • Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards
  • All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

3 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Is there a list somewhere? 

Last I heard this is still the current elite minibar exchange options although have read recent posts saying they received 24 drinks instead of 20 drinks.

Thanks for the list.  A perfect scenario for us would be one coffee card and whatever non alcoholic drinks value for the other, as we only need one coffee package for the two of us.  Would seem to be cheaper by value for Princess to offer that as well. 

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Thanks for the list.  A perfect scenario for us would be one coffee card and whatever non alcoholic drinks value for the other, as we only need one coffee package for the two of us.  Would seem to be cheaper by value for Princess to offer that as well. 

It would be good to be able to use 2 different options however that’s not how Princess has decided to manage this elite perk.

Only on longer cruises would we consider having 2 coffee cards because on cruises of 10 days or shorter we wouldn’t use 30 specialty coffees.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Our first Elite cruise will be in November. It's a 14 day cruise. I don't see us using up 2 coffee packages during that time period. I may swap some of the liquor for other liquor but then again may just keep what they give me. Like pretty much everybody else I don't like the change to the coffee program but there's nothing I can do about it so I'm not going to get all up in arms. It's like the chair issue. If I let it get me all wildly upset it will just affect me (and my wife!) and won't make any difference to Princess. I'll just enjoy my cruise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

That scenario might seem perfectly logical, but it is not what the reality holds. Astro has essentially given you the list as it continues to be defined.

On 3/13/2019 at 8:12 PM, Mike45LC said:

For the Exchange, I always get 2 Sprites, 2 Cokes and the rest all Diet Cokes.  Now with the coffee cards tied to the specific cruise, that is a "no go" for us -- we MIGHT buy 3 coffees max on a seven day cruise.  But even with the Soda and More package, my wife will consume all those Mini-Bar Exchange cans of Diet Coke in seven days while she is in the cabin!

Try adding a little Worstershire sauce to the Coke.  It removes the sweetness and greatly improves the flavour.  Really.

On 3/13/2019 at 10:31 PM, Astro Flyer said:

It would be good to be able to use 2 different options however that’s not how Princess has decided to manage this elite perk.

I just mentioned that it's a perfect scenario for us, not that it was how they manage the perk.  But, it would also be (at least by their own $ amounts they put on the perk) cheaper to offer one coffee package and one soda package as an option than just two coffee packages.  Especially on shorter cruises where you would have to drink a lot of specialty coffees to use up the perk. 

On 3/13/2019 at 8:47 PM, Astro Flyer said:

Last I heard this is still the current elite minibar exchange options although have read recent posts saying they received 24 drinks instead of 20 drinks.

Only 20 this past 6 weeks, 10 alcoholic, 10 non-alcoholic.

• Thanks 1

On my last 2 week cruise, in January 2019, I received 8 small alcoholic bottles plus 2 beers, but I think that we used to get 10 of the small bottles plus 2 beers.

Can anyone confirm this?

Edited by Taxwizz

14 minutes ago, Taxwizz said:

On my last 2 week cruise, in January 2019, I received 8 small alcoholic bottles plus 2 beers, but I think that we used to get 10 of the small bottles plus 2 beers.

Can anyone confirm this?

As shown in the list in post #11, it’s always been those amounts for me...8 mini bottles of alcohol and 2 beers.  We swap the alcohol for beer to have 10 beers & the non-alcoholic drinks for 10 Diet Cokes.

18 minutes ago, Taxwizz said:

Can anyone confirm this?

It's been 8 mini bottles for at least 6+ years.  

24 minutes ago, Taxwizz said:

Can anyone confirm this?

For the past 9 years at least it has always been 8 spirits and 2 beers. Never remember anything else.