New York Times

JOHN 57

I have read, that an 8 page satellite editin of New York Times is delivered by 8am.  How much does that cost?  Thank you.

It may or may not be delivered - I have experienced both. Usually available at front desk if not delivered. Price is included in your cruise fare. Nothing extra.

Ask your steward.

The complete NYT online edition is available onboard at no extra charge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is just a few page synopsis of the news available free of charge.  You can find a copy near the administrator office and in the library. They usually have them at breakfast also both in the main dining room and on the lido .  8 pages is optimistic 

Edited by Mary229

The availabilty of the abridged New York Times depends in part with the ships location.  If you are in Europe the NYT might not be available until lunch because of the six hour time difference with New York.  They also offer four page news summaries for Britain, Spain, Canada, Holland and I think Australia and France.  The papers are usually available at guest services.  My experience is based on European and South American cruises.  Asia could be totally different.

It depends on when it is 8am in your cabin location in the world,  compared to when the NYT get wired to the ship to be printed out.  Some parts of the world, you get the morning paper late in the afternoon on the ship.. However, the ship TV channels also carry major "news" stations that are current to their originating time zones. 

BTW: much rather see if WSJ has a "ship edition to provide passengers: and ditch the NYT.  But the ship has some sort of franchise with the NYT - also full copies available on the computers in the "libraries". 

Edited by OlsSalt
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, OlsSalt said:

It depends on when it is 8am in your cabin location in the world,  compared to when the NYT get wired to the ship to be printed out.  Some parts of the world, you get the morning paper late in the afternoon on the ship.. However, the ship TV channels also carry major "news" stations that are current to their originating time zones. 

BTW: much rather see if WSJ has a "ship edition to provide passengers: and ditch the NYT.  But the ship has some sort of franchise with the NYT - also full copies available on the computers in the "libraries". 

And you do not need to pay for the internet to get the NY Times on line free in the library.

In addition to the 8-page printed summary, you can access practically all of the day's NYT on the Navigator app while on board. Navigator is free. Easy to follow instructions are provided on boarding. It's a great way to check the daily schedule, check your account, make dining reservations and a whole lot of other things. The 'chat' capability is clunky (no notification), but we really enjoy all the other pluses!

1 minute ago, Ichiban Nekko said:

In addition to the 8-page printed summary, you can access practically all of the day's NYT on the Navigator app while on board. Navigator is free. Easy to follow instructions are provided on boarding. It's a great way to check the daily schedule, check your account, make dining reservations and a whole lot of other things. The 'chat' capability is clunky (no notification), but we really enjoy all the other pluses!

Can you use the Navigator app from HAL's few computer stations on the ship?

4 minutes ago, Ichiban Nekko said:

I believe you can access the NYT on the computers, but I'm not sure about the other Navigator apps. When on the Rotterdam in February, there were machines near Guest Relations to print out your account.

Yes, thanks.  I doubt if you can use the app.  Love the Rotterdam: hope you had a wonderful cruise!

1 hour ago, SilvertoGold said:

Can you use the Navigator app from HAL's few computer stations on the ship?

Yes, absolutely. That's how I checked the evening menu, and various other info, on my last Prinsendam cruise.