PIER AT COCO CAY

I’m on Mariner right now. This afternoon, I talked to a woman who is doing B2B2B (this cruise is the middle one) and she told me that the dock is open and that Mariner docked there last weekend. She mentioned that it seems impossible that a tender would be able to dock, leaving the main pier as the only way onto the island. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nashirak said:

This was in my cruise compass for my 3/18-3/23 on Mariner yesterday. fab1e5a276ae46bf23b02e031f9c9bc5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must be an old letter they haven't updated yet.  The area that used to accommodate the tenders is blocked by a temporary pedestrian bridge while they're building the permanent pedestrian bridge.

Mariner will be using the pier, so enjoy!  

29 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Must be an old letter they haven't updated yet.  The area that used to accommodate the tenders is blocked by a temporary pedestrian bridge while they're building the permanent pedestrian bridge.

Mariner will be using the pier, so enjoy!  

What old version.  The first paragraph says they will be docking and not using tenders.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s not fake news, the pier really is open for some ships that don’t need the farther out bollards. We are here right now. Captain also said there will be another ship at the pier tomorrow. I’m also posting on the WiFi at the snorkel beach. bf2b42ad1c0353733dda380fad0808aa.jpg
18174b8351c29731e7ebe99256fa5b4f.jpg124586276760c6e15dcdfe22d2b994a6.jpg

• Like 3

Can you tell if that signal is from the ship or land based wifi hot spot?

On further review, turns out I snagged the ships WiFi. I walked to the pool and southern areas and lost it.

4 minutes ago, nashirak said:

On further review, turns out I snagged the ships WiFi. I walked to the pool and southern areas and lost it.

Thanks for confirming - so for now, the WiFi on land is NOT working - maybe they'll get it working by the promised May opening date.

Edited by Biker19

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Thanks for confirming - so for now, the WiFi on land is NOT working - maybe they'll get it working by the promised May opening date.

Is Coco Cay going to have its own WiFi?  Didn’t think they were close enough to another larger island for service from another location.

4 minutes ago, A2Mich said:

Is Coco Cay going to have its own WiFi?  Didn’t think they were close enough to another larger island for service from another location.

That was one of the promised features of Perfect Day - don’t know how they are getting connection. 

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That was one of the promised features of Perfect Day - don’t know how they are getting connection. 

Oh ok.  I don’t remember seeing island wide WiFi on the list of new features.  Could they be simply using repeaters from the ship’s satellite internet connection?

1 minute ago, A2Mich said:

Could they be simply using repeaters from the ship’s satellite internet connection?

That’s probably one of the choices though with people potentially staying there overnight they probably need some other option too. 

Edited by Biker19

7 hours ago, nashirak said:

It’s not fake news, the pier really is open for some ships that don’t need the farther out bollards. We are here right now. Captain also said there will be another ship at the pier tomorrow. I’m also posting on the WiFi at the snorkel beach. bf2b42ad1c0353733dda380fad0808aa.jpg
18174b8351c29731e7ebe99256fa5b4f.jpg124586276760c6e15dcdfe22d2b994a6.jpg

We are on the Anthem on Saturday. I know this week’s visit to Coco Cay was changed. Is Anthem able to dock there now, it only smaller ships. Can ships still tender? Curious if we’ll be stopping there. Thank you! 

I would be surprised if ships the size of quantum/oasis class can dock there yet. They are still adding bollards out beyond the end of the pier. Even Mariner had to send all her bow lines aft of their ports. Nothing can tender with the walking bridge in place. There is a temporary one that takes you across right at the harbor entrance, the permanent bridge is still under construction. 

Edited by nashirak