How are the Swans doing, 2019

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

As an ex plumber can I suggest Chrome taps and fittings and White fixtures, they do not date.

Ha Ha Ha ha ha!!

I am suspicious of you Mic. You wouldn't try to set me on the wrong path now, would you :classic_biggrin:

5 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Swans play the Carlton Blues on Saturday afternoon (1.35pm) down in Melbourne but as you say they are both winless so far this year and the Swans should win. Your prediction may turn out to be a bit close but you have the scores set out right.

At least my math is good--unlike the Swans!

Go Swans

ML

1 hour ago, NoWhiners said:

Ha Ha Ha ha ha!!

I am suspicious of you Mic. You wouldn't try to set me on the wrong path now, would you :classic_biggrin:

No I wouldn't,

All I can say is that chrome tapware lasts longer and looks good for longer than any other colour (Brass, Copper, Gold, Black, Platinum, etc) and white fixtures (bath, toilet, basin) do not date, (unless the style is of a particular era) they look as good in Art deco as in modern day. Colour your bathroom with accessories like and towels and soap dispensers, etc.

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

No I wouldn't,

All I can say is that chrome tapware lasts longer and looks good for longer than any other colour (Brass, Copper, Gold, Black, Platinum, etc) and white fixtures (bath, toilet, basin) do not date, (unless the style is of a particular era) they look as good in Art deco as in modern day. Colour your bathroom with accessories like and towels and soap dispensers, etc.

Now this is very interesting.Trends in the US are away from shiny chrome and more toward brushed stainless or nickel; other finishes are Ok depending on the overall decor. This is  a big reason why we are updating. (Well this, and the fact that our 30+ years old sink is peeling enamel and showing rust)! And, everyone here is using stone of some kind--man-made or natural, lots of granite (veeerry expensive). We have selected quartz, with a nice undermount sink, and a faucet that is small but  brushed stainless. I have had to imagine it all in my head and I can only hope it comes out OK. Tomorrow DH will get to see the quartz I picked out.

ML

10 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, I think the Swans will bounce back and win by 30.

A win by 30 would be lovely. I hope you are correct, but I suspect it will be closer, and possibly not a  win for the Swans. My apologies for confusing away and home. I thought the schedule showed the Home team on one side, but apparently not. This makes me suspect that my score prediction is also wrong  :classic_blush: But, I stand by my score prediction that it will be close!

Now this is very interesting.Trends in the US are away from shiny chrome and more toward brushed stainless or nickel; other finishes are Ok depending on the overall decor. This is  a big reason why we are updating. (Well this, and the fact that our 30+ years old sink is peeling enamel and showing rust)! And, everyone here is using stone of some kind--man-made or natural, lots of granite (veeerry expensive). We have selected quartz, with a nice undermount sink, and a faucet that is small but  brushed stainless. I have had to imagine it all in my head and I can only hope it comes out OK. Tomorrow DH will get to see the quartz I picked out.

ML

I am sure your bathroom will look fabulous. Having a white basin under your stone/quartz top will be nice. Brushed stainless would be fine for the taps, but I am not sure the nickel wouldn't tarnish.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Swans should have an easy day out.

Have you given up on the Blue Mr GUT? You are probably correct re Swans. I'm pleased after the Bombers' win over the Demons last night. 

Leigh

On 4/4/2019 at 1:04 AM, MicCanberra said:

I am sure your bathroom will look fabulous. Having a white basin under your stone/quartz top will be nice. Brushed stainless would be fine for the taps, but I am not sure the nickel wouldn't tarnish.

I hope you're right. We picked a different piece of quartz after I went back with a left over tile from our floor. It will be much nicer. And, we went with a rectangular sink to replace the oval, in what is called "biscuit"--a very light beige. And brushed stainless steel faucets. I have been imagining this and I hope it all works out. If it does, we will do the same in the master bath; if not, we'll try and do better in the master :classic_biggrin:

On 4/4/2019 at 1:06 AM, MicCanberra said:

Normally the home team is listed first but I suppose it depends on the website. 

If you use an official site, like https://www.afl.com.au/ladder then that will be the case

Yes, I think that is what threw me--in the US, home is usually listed on the right. You Aussies do everything backwards :classic_laugh::classic_tongue:

4 hours ago, possum52 said:

Have you given up on the Blue Mr GUT? You are probably correct re Swans. I'm pleased after the Bombers' win over the Demons last night. 

Leigh

They ended up doing a good job, looked like it was close for a lot of it.

I hope you're right. We picked a different piece of quartz after I went back with a left over tile from our floor. It will be much nicer. And, we went with a rectangular sink to replace the oval, in what is called "biscuit"--a very light beige. And brushed stainless steel faucets. I have been imagining this and I hope it all works out. If it does, we will do the same in the master bath; if not, we'll try and do better in the master :classic_biggrin:

Pictures when complete please.

On 4/5/2019 at 9:02 PM, MicCanberra said:

Pictures when complete please.

I will try and post some pix, if I can get decent ones with my new cell.

On 4/5/2019 at 9:03 PM, MicCanberra said:

Don't you mean the normal way, just upside down.😛

Ha--I was trying to work upside down in, but I thought that, combined with backwards, would make it seem like it was normal. Can't have that :classic_wink:

On 4/5/2019 at 11:24 PM, MicCanberra said:

Full time - Swans by 19 points, 14.9 (93) - Blues 10.14 (74)

My score prediction was off again, but at least the Swans finally win. Now we are back on track at least.

18 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

For the third week in a row, I am 2 from 4 with my teams. Both Sydney sides won while both Adelaide sides lost this weekend.

It has been a rocky start for both of us so far. The season is young, so we still have hope!

4 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

My score prediction was off again, but at least the Swans finally win. Now we are back on track at least.

It has been a rocky start for both of us so far. The season is young, so we still have hope!

I predicted 30 points but then the Swans had that at several stages but let it slip again. Yes, as long as they get to the finals, all will be okay.