My Thought of Edge Suite Life

bigbenboys

I turned 60 last year. We are now both retired. We done just over 50 cruises. 30 of those cruises were on Celebrity. We booked a S1 cabin 11207. We were in a S1 non aft suite. The new T25 has a separate check in entrance for suite class. We sat down in the lounge and they came to us to check us in. The ship is beautiful, but being from Seattle we have seen many shade of gray. Our suite was nice. Our butler got us a tv dinner tray to have our breakfast on.  Luminae and The Retreat are all the way forward. I dont tend to have any issues with sea sickness. I can see how some people my not want to book a suite as most suites are forward. As the Edge has twice as many suites. Luminae is twice the side and the Retreat was 2 decks. While the service was very nice. The food was ok and very limited. Celebrity did add the every night items to Luminae. The Suite Life is gone from the Edge class ship. The Edge class has lost the intimacy of the M and S class ships that we had with MC and Luminae. We have 4 cruises booked now. Non on the Edge class. I might consider a 12 to 14 night cruise in 2022, if they have them. I never did find a men's bathroom on the Edge with Kleenex tissue. Not even in the Retreat bathroom.

IMG_20190305_093625385.jpg

IMG_20190305_163610208.jpg

IMG_20190306_094445935.jpg

IMG_20190306_145328679.jpg

IMG_20190307_092844833.jpg

IMG_20190303_192359570.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hopefully proper tables are on order for all!

Based on your comments so far, if we  ever go for a suite, we'll pick  S or M Class... perhaps more cozy and less competition for " pampering"

Edited by hcat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, caymancouple said:

Oh my GOSH.... a TV table.

And we were the lucky ones. Our Butler said he only had one. Yes this is the new Suite Class. The 2nd photo is from a S class Sky Suite breakfast on our balcony.

IMG_20190306_094445935.jpg

deck.jpg

• Like 2

Personally, I did not care for the M class, but love the S class!  For me, the Edge will be a new experience indeed, and I will try hard to find the good, keeping the bad and ugly at bay.  I do sympathise with you and hope that you find that almost perfect cruise and ship in the near future, at the very least, one that you can feel excited about while onboard.  I keep trying to figure out if Edge is just a huge disappointment or if later in life many of us have settled in to our comfort stage, where too big of a change is just too much to handle.  I will know if that is the case with me, since I am quite nostalgic!

Thank you for sharing your personal impression of Edge...and yes, i totally understand about those gray skies.  I have to have sun or I become crazed!  The two tables together make a priceless statement!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Personally, I did not care for the M class, but love the S class!  For me, the Edge will be a new experience indeed, and I will try hard to find the good, keeping the bad and ugly at bay.  I do sympathise with you and hope that you find that almost perfect cruise and ship in the near future, at the very least, one that you can feel excited about while on board.  I keep trying to figure out if Edge is just a huge disappointment or if later in life many of us have settled in to our comfort stage, where too big of a change is just too much to handle.  I will know if that is the case with me, since I am quite nostalgic!

Thank you for sharing your personal impression of Edge...and yes, i totally understand about those gray skies.  I have to have sun or I become crazed!  The two tables together make a priceless statement!

For myself I love the S Class ships. What I have learned over our Celebrity cruises. I like the M Class of Northern Europe, Alaska and Asia. The S Class for the Caribbean and Mediterranean.

On the up side of seeing Celebrity Edge. I thought the size of Blu restaurant was nice. Now with the MDR being 4 restaurants it will be a nice change. The high end shops are a nice way to spend extra OBC. And the best thing is the tender loading area on deck 2.

IMG_20190303_104802455.jpg

IMG_20190303_104815513.jpg

IMG_20190303_104819545.jpg

Sincere thanks for your honest review....

Having seen videos of the RS and PH I don’t think we will be booking Edge anytime soon. The prices were putting us off anyway and I cannot see any logic in paying extra money for a suite which offers less practical space and comfort than the S class. Both PH and RS balconies  have a massive overhang, no table on either and a real miss match of furnishings inside. Then there is the trough sink in the RS, what on Earth is that good for?

A leisurely breakfast and lunch on the balcony are amongst some of the things we cruise for....I just hope when we cruise on Equinox in September the RS has just been given fresh fabrics and the overall room remains the same....

Celebrity should be very embarrassed with the furnishings they are providing, not only in the suites, but regular cabins as well.

Did your butler come up with some sort of fix for the little tray top plastic table on the balcony?  Regardless, you were still relegated to sitting on your foot rests to eat.

deck.jpg

I hate to admit this, but we have the same tv table at home! It cost us £7.99 from The Range. 🤐. We have just returned from a short 5 night break on Infinity. Whilst slightly tired in places ( and refit due next year ), my wife preferred the Infinity compared to our cruise on Eclipse, especially Michael's Club.

Edited by Geoff&Louise

On 3/24/2019 at 5:23 PM, pd7277 said:

Celebrity should be very embarrassed with the furnishings they are providing, not only in the suites, but regular cabins as well.

Did anyone who had a hand in designing the cabin furnishings on the edge actually ever go on a cruise?

• Like 1

Foot rests to sit on while you eat on your balcony.  How comfortable.  NOT!  At the price of the cabin and lack of comfort I am seriously reconsidering.  We cruise to relax and see the world.  A balcony cabin or a suite are our way of enjoying ourselves with the ability to “remove” ourselves if we want quiet.  The furnishings don’t look all that comfy and the pictures on the recent “edgification” of the Summit cabin reminds me of an office break room.  Open shelves, small refrigerator, bland colors.  It’s like paying for the Ritz and staying in a Motel 6.  Really disappointing.

• Like 1

I must say, I have a very different opinion of my Edge Sky Suite experience. While I agree the balcony furniture wasn't suited for dining, for the first time ever  I didn't want to dine in the room. There were so many fabulous restaurants on the ship and dining everywhere was a step up from our other Celebrity cruises that we were very happy. We also loved the retreat and suite sundeck. Lastly the variety of music and entertainment was an improvement as well. Many other people in Luminae and the Retreat agreed. Several were lurkers on Cruise Critic and  made comments that we must be from different planets. Being from California, I've been told that before, so I agreed. 😀

• Like 1

22 hours ago, gcorgain said:

I must say, I have a very different opinion of my Edge Sky Suite experience. While I agree the balcony furniture wasn't suited for dining, for the first time ever  I didn't want to dine in the room. There were so many fabulous restaurants on the ship and dining everywhere was a step up from our other Celebrity cruises that we were very happy. We also loved the retreat and suite sundeck. Lastly the variety of music and entertainment was an improvement as well. Many other people in Luminae and the Retreat agreed. Several were lurkers on Cruise Critic and  made comments that we must be from different planets. Being from California, I've been told that before, so I agreed. 😀

Many on Cruise Critic have done reviews after cruising in Edge Sky Suites and reported excellent experiences (myself included). I was, and continue to be, disappointed with the lack of a coffee table and decent balcony furniture, though agree with not really needing to eat in the suite. I was a bit angry that I couldn't do it comfortably, if I had wanted to. I tried breakfast once on my Dec cruise, just to see if they brought in a table or how they did it - it was not comfortable nor luxurious.

I agree that the ship had so much to do and so many good places to eat that I didn't want to waste time eating in the suite for my Jan cruise.  I guess I am looking ahead to subsequent cruises as we get to know the ship better and the new dining places aren't new to us anymore, we may want to eat in-suite on the Edge, as we have on M and S Class. They tout it as a suite amenity, but make it uncomfortable to do (and for the poor butler, who was so embarrassed).

I agree that the Retreat life was good - better in some ways than M and S Class for us. The Sundeck was amazing, the Retreat Lounge much lighter with better seating, IMO, Luminae gorgeous with excellent food and we had amazing butler, concierge and Luminae service. We missed the free-standing bar in the Lounge so didn't hang out there as much,  but enjoyed the bar service there and on the Sundeck. I really liked having the areas all together and enjoyed the whole package. When they drop the price back down, we will definitely do it again (booked in an SV for next year on the Edge, but might upgrade if prices drop) and have a suite booked on the Apex in 2021, where there will hopefully be improvements (hopefully a bar in the Lounge and better furniture in the suites!).

We Vermonters are from a different planet too! 😉

It's the only cruise line I've ever sailed on and I've been told the same things about tables on the older ships. The good news is, it is actually quite easy to avoid by eating in Luminae once you get the swing of the ship! I'll be doing breakfast there the whole time next just on that because it took us a couple days to figure it out and we ended up in the buffet. 

19 hours ago, Magik Bee said:

It's the only cruise line I've ever sailed on and I've been told the same things about tables on the older ships. The good news is, it is actually quite easy to avoid by eating in Luminae once you get the swing of the ship! I'll be doing breakfast there the whole time next just on that because it took us a couple days to figure it out and we ended up in the buffet. 

Huh?