Musings from the Monarch (Koningsdam)

VMax1700

Just now, VMax1700 said:

Yes. We alternate between R S Rockroom and BBK depending on the playlist for each session. 

Rolling Stone Rockroom band are good. We enjoy a lot of the sets. Not too loud to my ear, but then i was roadie for rock band in mid 60's 🤐😇

That was our routine also, liked 'em both and, from the looks of it, so did many others! Alreday one week for y'all! Enjoy!

40 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

The bad news is that we must attend todays muster drill even though we attended only 10 days ago. Perhaps because it is a trans oceanic cruise? Who knows?

Hate having to do that!  Always feel special when we don’t have to go, lol.  Smooth sailing!

Musings part 2!

Tried MDR last night, first night etc, and it was a really good experience! We approached the desk at 6.45pm and we were seated straight away at a two top by the aft windows. Beautiful view of the sunset.

The servers do not use the tablets to record orders at the table but use trusty pencil and paper! I think they then enter the orders into the system by tablet.

Wine steward used tablet.

• Like 1

New vocalist with RSR band and he rocks! I had a few words with a guy who said he was onboard production manager. I was so impressed with the way the new vocalist fitted into the band that i just had to tell someone! Production manager said that this new vocalist had been the first RSR vocalist on kdm so the band and he knew each other.

Familiarity breeds rock and roll!

• Like 4

On 4/7/2019 at 11:04 AM, VMax1700 said:

The bad news is that we must attend todays muster drill even though we attended only 10 days ago. Perhaps because it is a trans oceanic cruise? Who knows?

Yes -- crossing the pond could be the reason you had to attend this muster drill.

I would love to cruise on one of the two ships that have the Rock N Roll lounge AND BB Kings.  We were on the Oosterdam last November, and loved BB Kings.  Our next two ships are the Amsterdam and Zaandam and we will really miss this type of music and dancing opportunity.  So, now I am looking to add a longer cruise on the Koningsdam in 2021.  Do you have any input on room type?  It seems when I do some research there are no chairs or counches in certain classifications.   Is this correct?  Would love some personal feedback or feedback with conversations with other guests.  Thank you.

7 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I would love to cruise on one of the two ships that have the Rock N Roll lounge AND BB Kings.  We were on the Oosterdam last November, and loved BB Kings.  Our next two ships are the Amsterdam and Zaandam and we will really miss this type of music and dancing opportunity.  So, now I am looking to add a longer cruise on the Koningsdam in 2021.  Do you have any input on room type?  It seems when I do some research there are no chairs or counches in certain classifications.   Is this correct?  Would love some personal feedback or feedback with conversations with other guests.  Thank you.

We loved Zuiderdam and Oosterdam for size and BBK , but KDM is oustanding. 

I have sone more cabin photos to send to halfacts when we get home. The internet is v e r y  s l o w today and will probably get worse.

What type of cabin interest you? Or is location more important?