Oasis incident at Freeport Shipyard

Some factual information to add to the thread.... Oasis set sail from Cadiz a few minutes ago. She is currently exiting the Bay of Cadiz making 9.9 knots traveling almost due west. It shows her destination as Cadiz so not exactly sure what they are up to? Now time for speculation, my guess, and non factual speculation, is they are testing something out and will return to put her in the drydock shortly. 

8 minutes ago, DerekB said:

Some factual information to add to the thread.... Oasis set sail from Cadiz a few minutes ago. She is currently exiting the Bay of Cadiz making 9.9 knots traveling almost due west. It shows her destination as Cadiz so not exactly sure what they are up to? Now time for speculation, my guess, and non factual speculation, is they are testing something out and will return to put her in the drydock shortly. 

I too received the alert about her moving but dare not suggest a reason why she could be moving as that would be the sin of speculation and we know RichardB can't handle anything that's not 100% factually correct 🙂 

• Like 2

In continuation of factual information...Oasis is driving like a drunken sailor is her capitain...turning almost due north now she's headed Southwest...almost like she's testing our manueverablity or the azipods (but that's pure seculation and may trigger some of our fellow readers). 

1 hour ago, scottish67 said:

Hey Richard b, hows this for speculation?? 

Sourced from someone who is working on the boat, but what do I know, probably fake right? 🤔

F4893735-ADEB-4FEC-B94F-2C984102579C.jpeg

Thanks for the shot of the deck 10 boardwalk balcony we should have been in today.😒

For those that don't want any updates in this thread don't follow it, simples. For those that do and are happy to speculate (its an internet forum after all what else are we supposed to do) stick around and enjoy the fun. 

Everyone keep posting what they find pretty please; I personally find it useful and long may it continue. Lets all relax hey and enjoy the wait AND speculation to see if she is back in good health for those passengers on her soon, fingers firmly crossed. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DerekB said:

Note: You might want to update your signature. Sorry 😞

Yes, I know but that's so hard to actually do that. 

As you can see we did a last minute X Eclipse west coast replacing cruise that was all arranged including flights to San Diego and return from Vancouver BC three days prior. 

Even with that we were still very sad about this cancellation as it was going to be our first Oasis class cruise. Oh well!

Mini sail away party.... I'm going to SPECULATE that they are taking her out for a mini test whilst the engineers can't do any work later at night and more work to follow tomorrow. Maybe it will be time for dry dock?😳

😳

Edited by scooby1

I’m the speculative gift that keeps on speculating.

Two more pics from the source who shared the balcony repair image from earlier. This is a view from the top deck prior to repairs and the second is a worker surveying the damage. 

Apologies for low quality on the first one of the deck. 

6ED5B607-97A9-46FE-A812-FAD1DCDC7EB5.jpeg

15C9619E-EDCB-4AFD-8C42-11E481FAD237.jpeg

Edited by scottish67
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, scooby1 said:

Mini sail away party.... I'm going to SPECULATE that they are taking her out for a mini test whilst the engineers can't do any work later at night and more work to follow tomorrow. Maybe it will be time for dry dock? 😳

How dare you speculate! I’m waiting for RichardB to denigrate us with his disapproval. 

MarineTraffic has a course plotted showing her return to Cadiz but that could be more speculation... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

The crew got tired of being at shipyards and have mutinied.  They are taking her for a joyride.  Oh yeah, this is just speculation.

How dare you speculate that when it is the crew just doing a sunset cruise for the heck of it.  😃

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, scottish67 said:

How dare you speculate! I’m waiting for RichardB to denigrate us with his disapproval. 

MarineTraffic has a course plotted showing her return to Cadiz but that could be more speculation... 

I came, I dared, I will sleep very soundly this evening. 👍

17 minutes ago, scottish67 said:

I, for one have immensely appreciated yours and everyone else's efforts in getting us all the information that you have so far. Don't listen to the pot stirrers. They are, and I'm speculating here, probably on the World. lol

3 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

Using a couple of thousand gallons of fuel oil per hour, that's an expensive sunset cruise.

But I only see smoke from one smoke stack???

Wonder how that works?

Any speculations...................................................(I'm being serious)

Safe travels

2 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Wonder how that works?

Any speculations...................................................(I'm being serious)

Safe travels

No need to fire up all the engines for a sunset booze cruise to nowhere. 

29 minutes ago, scooby1 said:

Mini sail away party.... I'm going to SPECULATE that they are taking her out for a mini test whilst the engineers can't do any work later at night and more work to follow tomorrow. Maybe it will be time for dry dock?😳

😳

Is she a crew member?  

2 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Wonder how that works?

Safe travels

Actually the Oasis is trying to cut back with all the current concerns about smoking.

Likely only operating with one or two Azipods since it only doing 16 knots so not all engine needed.

9 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

Is she a crew member?  

Yes has been posting for a while, also posted coming out of Freeport. Apparently from something she posted the other day is 50% through her current contract I believe.