Oasis incident at Freeport Shipyard

12 minutes ago, DerekB said:

We can see the one LCD screen is completely gone and one balcony is destroyed. Also some damage to the upper deck. It's a screencap from that guy's instagram so the quality is crap.

oasis.jpg.c5324be34e56fb017ade7d54bdd4ea3a.jpg

That destroyed balcony is the one for the rock climbing wall. All the Starboard side passenger balconies look intact. The port side balconies, as suspected, are missing some railings. 

• Like 1

This article says it enters the dock on the 22nd. 

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.diariodecadiz.es%2Fprovincia%2FOasis-the-Seas-llega-Cadiz-reparacion_0_1346565510.html

Also, this account has some better images of the ship. Nothing damage-wise I see that we didn't know already though.

Scottish67-----------

Just curious.......Do you work for the FBI or CIA?  Maybe Scotland yard?

If not, you should.

Your investigative talents are awesome!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work, 

It is nice to have this type of reporting.

Safe travels.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Is that seemingly missing piece by the Flowrider supposed to be like that?

Don't think so.  I wonder if it was cut out after the incident, looks too neat to be from an impact.

image.thumb.png.7b20ca531a9a979f710819da67d9fd99.png

Edited by willde

6 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Then empty the dock, 24-36 hours to reset the blocks, and then refill the dock.  Easily 48-72 hours from the time Sunrise leaves the dock until they are ready for Oasis.

Although Oasis is planned to enter dry dock on Monday, they are shooting for Saturday if Sunrise (née Triumph) leaves tomorrow, which would be consistent with the low end of your estimate.

https://www.teleprensa.com/cadiz/el-crucero-oasis-of-the-seas-llega-al-muelle-ciudad-de-cadiz-para-ser-reparado-en-navantia.html.html

13 minutes ago, DerekB said:

A while back there was a video going around taken by a crew member while evacuating the ship with the evacuation sound going. Anyone happen to have a link to that video? 

Post #680:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2650819-oasis-incident-at-freeport-shipyard/?do=findComment&comment=57186951

Might also have been posted earlier in topic. That was a long time ago! 🤨

Edited by willde

7 minutes ago, willde said:

Post #680:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2650819-oasis-incident-at-freeport-shipyard/?do=findComment&comment=57186951

Might also have been posted earlier in topic. That was a long time ago! 🤨

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for. You'll laugh when I tell you why - I live on a houseboat and I have programmed by google assistant to play that at full blast if I should tell it "evacuate" 3 times in a row. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, fsjosh said:

That destroyed balcony is the one for the rock climbing wall. All the Starboard side passenger balconies look intact. The port side balconies, as suspected, are missing some railings. 

Looks like the painters will be busy on that starboard side. Lots of scraping from when it tipped. I'm so glad it got to Cadiz OK.

5 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Scottish67-----------

Just curious.......Do you work for the FBI or CIA?  Maybe Scotland yard?

If not, you should.

Your investigative talents are awesome!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work, 

It is nice to have this type of reporting.

Safe travels.

Well I could tell you but...

Thanks for the compliment; just trying to share everything I find out (through a variety of methods) with those who are as concerned as I am. I'm on the 5/19 sailing so I've got quite a bit invested in knowing every shred of available information. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Treyatl2006 said:

I just saw the video for the Carnival Sunrise and it seems liked they still had alot of exterior work left.

Completion shouldn't need the drydock, since the work below waterline seems to be over.

image.thumb.png.1b80655b23176e33e1973e7d7d3f069c.png

3 minutes ago, willde said:

Completion shouldn't need the drydock, since the work below waterline seems to be over.

I agree and think that the shipyard will do whatever it can to squeeze Oasis into the drydock schedule. Social media photos from today show that there's already a crane over the Aquatheater, so it may be safe to say that work has already begun. The shipyard has an incentive to complete the job on time so they can say that they stepped up to the plate on short notice to help Royal out.

9 minutes ago, Pratique said:

I agree and think that the shipyard will do whatever it can to squeeze Oasis into the drydock schedule. Social media photos from today show that there's already a crane over the Aquatheater, so it may be safe to say that work has already begun. The shipyard has an incentive to complete the job on time so they can say that they stepped up to the plate on short notice to help Royal out.

Also, I'm sure Royal gave them the access code to their bank account to get this done. 

5 minutes ago, fsjosh said:

Also, I'm sure Royal gave them the access code to their bank account to get this done. 

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a bonus for finishing early, or a penalty for finishing late. From what I've read in the Cadiz media, it seems like this job is a big deal to the shipyard and they want to show everyone they are up to the task.

Hahaha - this is my favorite post in a while!! I agree that royal has sent a check with a lot of money to go along with this!! [emoji3581][emoji857][emoji360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk