Oasis incident at Freeport Shipyard

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

Would they have any reason to stop at Madeira? Perhaps to pick up supplies or provisions?

3 hours ago, bigeck said:

It didn't stop. Probably too big to stop. 

More likely, no reason to stop...

Edited by willde

With the help of google translate, I’ve been able to correspond with one of the workers at the shipyard in Cádiz. He confirmed that Oasis is arriving at 11am on 4/17 ( about 5:00am New York time) and that she is having the same work done that was supposed to be completed in the Bahamas as well as repairs from the accident. I’m not a Spanish speaker so the translation is probably off a bit but I’m thankful to this individual for providing info to a complete stranger. 

85965CC5-3FEB-4F91-AF68-215EB43244FC.jpeg

Edited by scottish67
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, scottish67 said:

With the help of google translate, I’ve been able to correspond with one of the workers at the shipyard in Cádiz. He confirmed that Oasis is arriving at 11am on 4/17 ( about 5:00am New York time) and that she is having the same work done that was supposed to be completed in the Bahamas as well as repairs from the accident. I’m not a Spanish speaker so the translation is probably off a bit but I’m thankful to this individual for providing info to a complete stranger.

Nice work! Thanks for sharing.

2 hours ago, scottish67 said:

85965CC5-3FEB-4F91-AF68-215EB43244FC.jpeg

You do an amazing job of finding us all this new information! Thank you!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, above sea level cruiser said:

I wonder if Oasis will go alongside a dock there first as Carnival Sunrise is still showing up on Marine Traffic as being in the dry dock and I thought I read somewhere here that it would take a bit to set up the blocks for Oasis once the Carnival ship left?

The video from post #1556 might be indicating this area...

image.thumb.png.2626db5f250038f819564b4964cfa587.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, above sea level cruiser said:

Do you know when they plan on moving the carnival ship out of the dry dock?

No, I'm just social media stalking. It's soon though as theres a lot of "goodbye Cadiz", and "well that's over with" types of posts. 

No, I'm just social media stalking. It's soon though as theres a lot of "goodbye Cadiz", and "well that's over with" types of posts. 

I love that you have these stalking skills! It’s also why I tell my kids that we don’t use social media! Hahaha!

Thanks for collecting and sharing! I’m sure there are Carnival keeps all over that are dying to get Sunrise out of that dock to see what she looks like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Aim1 said:

Early morning on the 18th

Then empty the dock, 24-36 hours to reset the blocks, and then refill the dock.  Easily 48-72 hours from the time Sunrise leaves the dock until they are ready for Oasis.