Oasis incident at Freeport Shipyard

1 hour ago, samtheman said:

Not sure if its significant but I just got an e-mail from RC offering an upgrade for my 5th of May cruise on Oasis

What was the offer? We are on the May 12 trip and are staying in a Crown Loft suite. My in laws are currently in a Junior Suite and put a bid in on a Crown Loft. We are hoping that they can get up there on level 17 with us. Thanks in advance.

On 4/14/2019 at 5:28 PM, ipeeinthepool said:

I don't follow the Princess ships very closely,  but there must be some sort of significant issue to require a long service period in the shipyard.  It looks to me that the Caribbean Princess will be out of service for month.

You're right.

My son in law boarded Caribbean Princess in Miami on Saturday as one of the hundreds of contractors now on board. It was due for dry dock but as a result of the Oasis incident the dry dock is out of service for a while. Oasis will have to go to Cadiz for the dry dock.

26 minutes ago, schmeed said:

Take the Junior Suite.  Double points is worth the extra $$ over the other upgrades.  Unless you don't want to upgrade at all.

You only get whatever points you had prior to bidding.  If they had a balcony, they only get one point per night.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

You only get whatever points you had prior to bidding.  If they had a balcony, they only get one point per night.  

Do you think that this "opening up" of cabins to bidding means that people have cancelled the May 5th sailing, or that it was never fully booked from the get-go?

1 minute ago, above sea level cruiser said:

Do you think that this "opening up" of cabins to bidding means that people have cancelled the May 5th sailing, or that it was never fully booked from the get-go?

I have no idea.  I just got another Royal Up email for my April 28th Harmony cruise and when I checked last night, there were two cabins available and neither are in the categories that I can bid on.  They could have cabins they have pulled from inventory or they could just be seeing what people will bid and are taking bids in case of cancellations.  Either way, all the opening bids are too much for me to bid and not get double points.

6 minutes ago, above sea level cruiser said:

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have no idea.  I just got another Royal Up email for my April 28th Harmony cruise and when I checked last night, there were two cabins available and neither are in the categories that I can bid on.  They could have cabins they have pulled from inventory or they could just be seeing what people will bid and are taking bids in case of cancellations.  Either way, all the opening bids are too much for me to bid and not get double points.

I seem to remember about 20 pages back they were allowing those cruisers who were doing b2b transatlantic and May5 to cancel their may 5th sailing.

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Ok Thanks, I was just wondering if cabins are starting to open up for the May 5th sailing because there was a mass exodus or if it is a usual thing, or something else

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, above sea level cruiser said:

We cancelled our May 5th cruise last week. It was supposed to be the 2nd cruise of a B2B with the TA.  I did not want to have to book flights to fly over for one week and we could not find anything we wanted to do prior to this cruise to make it worthwhile.

Funny though, I had received a Royal up offer to bid on the May 5th cruise back in March and my bid to move from a neighborhood balcony to a spacious, ocean balcony was accepted. I was surprised as I had bid the minimum and figured I wouldn’t get it.😂

Sherri🙂

13 minutes ago, bigeck said:

E.T.A is 18th April at 8am in Cadiz. I find it strange why it passed Madeira on the bottom side.

Would they have any reason to stop at Madeira? Perhaps to pick up supplies or provisions?

Edited by orville99

56 minutes ago, bigeck said:

E.T.A is 18th April at 8am in Cadiz. I find it strange why it passed Madeira on the bottom side.

They are killing time.

FWIW this was our track on the Symphony TA. I thought it was to avoid the remnants of Hurricane Oscar, but maybe it’s also a shipping lane?

3EEC9A83-B7A5-4328-8977-5BE7FEB7468D.jpeg

Edited by Pratique