RCCL Continues to Minimize Customer Loyalty and Customer Service

"They are giving others the opportunity to pay for my perks. Thats is what I have issue with. "

From my perspective it seems you are paying for your perks by sailing with them for 20+ years.

I have been sailing with RCCL for about 23 years and have only had a couple of minor issues which were handled promptly.

I think some people (cruisers or not) get too worked up over small inconveniences and can't just  go with the flow and relax.

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, zoepipes said:

4 cruises a year for 20+ years only equals Diamond+?  I'll never be a Pinnacle!  I'm glad the Key is available 🙂

I will never reach P either, but it seems to me that D gets the best ratio of rewards to cost.  I reach D+ next cruise and as far as I can see my biggest gain in a free bag of laundry. 

5 hours ago, billcancel said:

Im writing this to see if other loyal RCCL customers have experienced  drop in customer service over the last few years.  I cruise on average 4 times a years and have been exclusive to RCCL for 20+ years.  Over last 5 years I have noticed serious drops in customer service. I have made every attempt to work with RCCL to help them improve and they have not done anything to make things better and have just dismissed my concerns. Now to make matters worse they are selling my diamond plus perks to new cruisers with this new "KEY" Program.  I am do disgusted as to how RCCL handled this that I cancelled my most recent cruise and will never cruise with them again. Is anyone else experiencing this? If so please share here so that we can perhaps get RCCL to start listening. Dam shame that after 20+ years of being a loyal customer to RCCL have been dismissed by them. And my parting "spanking" from RCCL for cancelling was a $500 penalty.  They are giving me $300 in FUTURE Cruise credits for cancelling. Not sure why I need future cruise credits since i will never sail with them again.  Most disturbing and really intrigued to see if others are feeling the same or have experienced this drop in customer service.  Kind Regards.

Since I believe the OP's name is dubious at best and may tell us this post is just a ruse....it does open up a discussion.  First the title is misleading.  So what issues of service has he had problems with and felt that Royal did not do thing to make thing better and may have just dismissed his concerns.  He goes on about the Key program.....but the reality is the 'perks' given out by Royal are Royals.....and not 'owned' by the cruiser. Royal can choose to give them out and choose to charge others for them as they see fit.  

Over the 27 cruises my DH and I have taken, whatever service issues we have had, have been re-mediated by Royal.....did it take a minute to accomplish, not always....sometimes it took a few days....but in the end got done. Anything that happened onboard that was even slightly unsatisfactory (which really has been few occurrences) was handled promptly.  

If Royal wants to charge other cruisers for perks I get, so be it, as long as I don't have to pay for the perks I now get.....they can charge others what they want....and if others feel it is worth paying for....so be it.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Paulette3028 said:

Since I believe the OP's name is dubious at best and may tell us this post is just a ruse....it does open up a discussion.  First the title is misleading.  So what issues of service has he had problems with and felt that Royal did not do thing to make thing better and may have just dismissed his concerns.  He goes on about the Key program.....but the reality is the 'perks' given out by Royal are Royals.....and not 'owned' by the cruiser. Royal can choose to give them out and choose to charge others for them as they see fit.  

Over the 27 cruises my DH and I have taken, whatever service issues we have had, have been re-mediated by Royal.....did it take a minute to accomplish, not always....sometimes it took a few days....but in the end got done. Anything that happened onboard that was even slightly unsatisfactory (which really has been few occurrences) was handled promptly.  

If Royal wants to charge other cruisers for perks I get, so be it, as long as I don't have to pay for the perks I now get.....they can charge others what they want....and if others feel it is worth paying for....so be it.

I agree.   Good analysis. 

• Like 1

Hmmmmm  So as Diamond Plus I get things for free that others might get if they pay for a suite or The Key (though as other pointed out, there really is minimal crossover with the key, but let's pretend it was exactly the same perks as D+).   Sounds like a winner for me and a nice way to reward my loyalty to the brand: giving me, for free, what others pay for

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bee Guy said:

I will never reach P either, but it seems to me that D gets the best ratio of rewards to cost.  I reach D+ next cruise and as far as I can see my biggest gain in a free bag of laundry. 

And a second day of internet which, when you share really means two more days and also don’t forget access to the concierge lounge on those ships that still have them. The additional D+ gift is nice, too. 

I still can’t figure out what D+ perks the OP believes are being sold with key. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, billcancel said:

Not sure what a flounce is but ok.  To be clear I am NOT losing perks. They are giving others the opportunity to pay for my perks. Thats is what I have issue with. This is NOT a pity party not looking for that. Just looking to raise awareness to other loyal customers to be on alert to this activity. Thats all. And you say if I have customer service issues speak about it. I have for over 5 years and have been in direct communications with Michael Bayley and his direct team to work on the issues and to no avail. Rather have been dismissed by corporate.  Not sure how anyone can feel that after 20+ years of being a loyal RCCL customer and experiencing what I have experienced would not reach the conclusion I have reached.

A flounce is when you make a big dramatic event out of something for the sole purpose of getting attention.  That's what your post is.

As for Diamond/Diamond Plus perks that they are "letting people pay for", the only thing I see is getting on board ten minutes earlier on embarkation day, and reserved seating in the theater.  The Key DOES NOT provide:

Exclusive Top Tier Event

Robes for use onboard 

Signature Lapel Pin

Welcome Waters & Snack + Beverage Selection

Chef’s Choice Gift/Amenity

Priority wait list for Shore Excursions/VitalitySM Spa services

Diamond Club (on select ships) 

Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event (or three free drinks in any bar)

Daily breakfast with specialty coffee

Entertainment Tour

Behind the Scenes Tours

Personalized Gift/Amenity (per household)

Meal with an Officer for members with 340 or more cruise points

Upgraded bathroom amenities for members with 340 or more cruise points

Bonus Gift for members with 340 or more cruise points (per household)

Bonus Gift for members with 525 or more cruise points (per household) 

Plus all the on-board things like BOGO drinks, Johnny Rockets, dinners, etc.

So, I don't see how they're giving "all the Diamond perks" away to people for $25/day like you're claiming.

You're a flouncer.  Deal with it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

And a second day of internet which, when you share really means two more days and also don’t forget access to the concierge lounge on those ships that still have them. The additional D+ gift is nice, too. 

I still can’t figure out what D+ perks the OP believes are being sold with key. 

I am looking forward to the concierge lounge.  Hopefully less crowded than diamond.   However, on our next ship, Serenade, D lounge seating around windows at the bow looks nicer. 

5 minutes ago, Bee Guy said:

I am looking forward to the concierge lounge.  Hopefully less crowded than diamond.   However, on our next ship, Serenade, D lounge seating around windows at the bow looks nicer. 

Serenade CL is way nicer than DL. Are you on the upcoming TA?

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Serenade CL is way nicer than DL. Are you on the upcoming TA?

Yes we are.  I will have to take another look at the deck plan.  If I remember correctly,  D was at the very front with windows looking forward.  C was a little more  interior, not sure it had windows.   I  may be thinking of a different ship. 

37 minutes ago, Bee Guy said:

Yes we are.  I will have to take another look at the deck plan.  If I remember correctly,  D was at the very front with windows looking forward.  C was a little more  interior, not sure it had windows.   I  may be thinking of a different ship. 

Probably. Both of the lounges are with the VCL. The SL is bigger with a nice bar you can sit at.  It also has an outdoor area and a stage where some folks tend to hold court. 😉

BTW, there is an off chance that D+ may not have access to CL if there are a massive amount of them and/or a ton of Pinnacles 

Edited by John&LaLa

5 hours ago, billcancel said:

Not sure what a flounce is but ok.  To be clear I am NOT losing perks. They are giving others the opportunity to pay for my perks. Thats is what I have issue with. This is NOT a pity party not looking for that. Just looking to raise awareness to other loyal customers to be on alert to this activity. Thats all. 

And how is this different than Suite perks?

Or what the airlines and hotels do?  Allow people to buy access to lounges and upgrades?

Welcome to the real world.

• Like 3

I hope RCI Customer Service reads these posts. After 5 years of complaints like this one from this guy (if genuine), I suspect there will be a collective sigh of relief at his decision to boycott. We might all find the agents more cheerful after this!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2