EZAir & 737s

Our ship will be in Icy Strait Point, AK, May 24. We'd like to do the ziprider. Has anyone done this? How did you get from the ship to the venue? Did you feel it's worth the $130? Thanks for any info.

We fly to Vancouver May 22 to begin our Alaskan cruise. All our  flights are on Boeing 737s. The news says the problems & groundings may take 6 more weeks to resolve so our flights will possibly be affected. Does anyone know how Princess is handling this problem? Thanks!

To answer your original question the zipline is within a couple hundred yards of where the ship docks.  You than take a bus to the top of the mountain.  I believe the price last summer was $160 both as a ship excursion and if you bought it directly as the facility.  Personally I thought the price was too high but that is just my opinion.

Tom

2 hours ago, 1965 said:

We fly to Vancouver May 22 to begin our Alaskan cruise. All our  flights are on Boeing 737s. The news says the problems & groundings may take 6 more weeks to resolve so our flights will possibly be affected. Does anyone know how Princess is handling this problem? Thanks!

First you need to see if you have an issue or if the airline has already made adjustments. Check your flight on the airline web site. You will be able to see the type of aircraft assigned. I expect that if it was/is a Max 8 you will be assigned to another aircraft or flight. If you booked via EZ Air then EZ Air will somehow make adjustments if necessary. 

6 hours ago, 1965 said:

Our ship will be in Icy Strait Point, AK, May 24. We'd like to do the ziprider. Has anyone done this? How did you get from the ship to the venue? Did you feel it's worth the $130? Thanks for any info.

My wife and family have done it twice. They loved it and would do it again

We walked from the dock over to the tour center. Your tour tickets will tell you where to meet.

Just to add to this topic, we are scheduled for a May Alaska cruise.  Be aware that even if you are not scheduled on a 737 Max, the airline still may need to cancel/change other flights to account for the grounding.  Our original flights, through EZ Air, included a non stop on a 737, not a Max, from JFK to SEA on American Airlines. American does fly the 737 Max, but in this case, they cancelled the Seattle non stops even though they weren't Max's, through April, to account for the groundings on the balance of their schedule.  We are still not sure, even though the flights are still there in May, whether they will extend the cancellations through May.  Keep in mind, while the airline and/or Princess will need to accommodate any changes, you end up losing some control.  I didn't have the patience to see what happens and we called Princess and changed to Delta to avoid any 737 Max issues, just prior to the 45 day deadline.