Leave your menu hacks here.

7 hours ago, Elsisi said:

Room Service Hack … em, Tip.

I order two BLTs from Room service, then remove the L and T and make one massive bacon sandwich.  Nightly ritual.

I wonder what that double BLT is going to cost now with the room service charges!

We love the appetizers and soups - and salads.  Sometimes there are more we want to try than we can fit in without foregoing the main.  but we also don't care much for the desserts, so we order the appetizer we couldn't fit in as dessert.  This is particularly good with the cold soups, but we have also done it with the spring rolls...  EM

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bdever said:

Okay, I haven’t actually tried this one yet but I am going for it on my next cruise in June.

I only eat breakfast in the MDR and I like to order the eggs Benedict but sometimes I notice that the English muffin is too hard. A local French restaurant serves eggs Benedict on a croissant instead. I am going to request a sub out on the English muffin and ask for Eggs Benedict prepared on a split croissant.

on another thred I read that someone goes to the blue iguana cantina for breakfast and orders a breakfast burrito bowl instead of a typical breakfast burrito and I like that idea too because I can’t digest tortillas very well due to water retention while cruising. 

I never thought of the croissant but i get my benedict with salmon and the norlander bread. I'm going to try for a croissant though! 

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Woodfaerie said:

I wonder what that double BLT is going to cost now with the room service charges!

Nothing. Unless you are ordering after 10pm. There is no charge for a BLT from room service.

Edited by Bookbug53

14 hours ago, coevan said:

and they're still in business?  

I guess there are enough people who aren't picky eaters or have food allergies to keep this "edgy" place in business. I know my DH and myself wouldn't patronize a restaurant that patronizes us

2 hours ago, schazzy said:

I guess there are enough people who aren't picky eaters or have food allergies to keep this "edgy" place in business. I know my DH and myself wouldn't patronize a restaurant that patronizes us

I Googled the restaurant and it is not on their menu. I emailed the manager to ask if was a joke or are you serious, yet to receive a response. 

2 hours ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

I see we aren't the only ones who skip the dessert.  The appetizers and entree fill us up and leave no room for dessert.  Sometimes we get a funny look from our waiters when we say we are passing on the dessert.

Same. I am not a dessert person. Never was. I might do 1-2 desserts on a 7 day cruise. I'll usually skip it to save room for a pizza or sandwhich later that night.

Anyways. I enjoy making a "mexican burger" at Guy's with chipotle mayo, pico, bacon, jalapenos, then heading over to blueiguana for some guacamole. Some people live for the fancy foods, that right there is a highlight for me.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, bdever said:

Okay, I haven’t actually tried this one yet but I am going for it on my next cruise in June.

I only eat breakfast in the MDR and I like to order the eggs Benedict but sometimes I notice that the English muffin is too hard. A local French restaurant serves eggs Benedict on a croissant instead. I am going to request a sub out on the English muffin and ask for Eggs Benedict prepared on a split croissant.

on another thred I read that someone goes to the blue iguana cantina for breakfast and orders a breakfast burrito bowl instead of a typical breakfast burrito and I like that idea too because I can’t digest tortillas very well due to water retention while cruising. 

Order the eggs Benedict with the hollandaise on the side, it comes out fresh and is quite tasty.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MommytoAsquared said:

My teen daughter and I like to go to the early comedy show.  So we eat dinner at the buffet, go the family friendly comedy show, then to the MDR and have desert.  It's the perfect way to end the evening.

Trying to understand this, do you have late seating in the MDR? 

16 hours ago, Bookbug53 said:

Nothing. Unless you are ordering after 10pm. There is no charge for a BLT from room service.

awesome news. I didn't realize they changed their minds about the room service charges for everything except for continental breakfast.  Good for you Carnival!

On 4/4/2019 at 5:35 PM, coevan said:

and they're still in business? 

Yes, and they do a land office business, at least in their Vegas location. As shocking as it may be, it turns out there are a lot of people out there who are very willing to try actually eating what's served to them in a nice restaurant, without demanding any changes or "hacks" to the food. 

It's actually not at all unheard of for very high end restaurants to not allow any changes or substitutions to menu items. People eat at these restaurants because they respect the skill of the chef and trust him/her to prepare something that will be incredibly good. 

• Like 2

Okay, not a food tip, but a delicious drink thing we do! We go to the coffee shop (we have cheers) We get 2 Iced Mocca Lattes with no sugar added, then get 1 frozen mudslide (or sometimes 2!) and mix the coffee with the lattes in our tumblers we bring for a late morning treat!! I've added vanilla ice cream too!! YUMMMMO!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super27 said:

Yes, and they do a land office business, at least in their Vegas location. As shocking as it may be, it turns out there are a lot of people out there who are very willing to try actually eating what's served to them in a nice restaurant, without demanding any changes or "hacks" to the food. 

It's actually not at all unheard of for very high end restaurants to not allow any changes or substitutions to menu items. People eat at these restaurants because they respect the skill of the chef and trust him/her to prepare something that will be incredibly good. 

Food allergies, are not "hacks" to food. I have never been to a restaurant, high end or not, that would not allow an omission of an item which might cause the guest to get sick. 

1 hour ago, BrezQ said:

Okay, not a food tip, but a delicious drink thing we do! We go to the coffee shop (we have cheers) We get 2 Iced Mocca Lattes with no sugar added, then get 1 frozen mudslide (or sometimes 2!) and mix the coffee with the lattes in our tumblers we bring for a late morning treat!! I've added vanilla ice cream too!! YUMMMMO!

We always get iced mocha lattes and we will for sure do this next time!

• Like 1