Diluted mixed drinks

If anything, my experience has been that they pour the alcohol fairly heavy.  The exception, to my perception, seems to be "pre mixed" drinks.  Get a pre-mixed long island iced tea, for example, on the pool deck, and it'll be weaker than if you get a bartender to mix one for you from scratch.

But overall, I've never had any complaints.  And if you're really worried...order a double.  I've never had an issue with that, and boy, it'll be strong then!

• Like 1

I haven't had any issues with their drinks even on the UBP when I've had it. Not a big drinker so one is enough for would think if diluted I would get 2 :). Just kidding so far same as other lines if your worried stick to beer, wine, on the rock (anything) or a martini.

If I drink one Old Fashion at home I have a buzz, but I had 3 in an hour on the Escape and did not even feel like I had had a drink. I watched them make the drinks and pour the alcohol straight from the bottle so the only thing I can think is maybe because I eat so much on the cruise that my stomach is always full so the alcohol cannot do its job! I guess next cruise I will eat less.

53 minutes ago, kernie968 said:

If I drink one Old Fashion at home I have a buzz, but I had 3 in an hour on the Escape and did not even feel like I had had a drink. I watched them make the drinks and pour the alcohol straight from the bottle so the only thing I can think is maybe because I eat so much on the cruise that my stomach is always full so the alcohol cannot do its job! I guess next cruise I will eat less.

That most definitely is the reason. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kernie968 said:

Eat less??? Let me reframe the problem for you... the additional well-deserved, long-awaited food is maliciously and uncaringly absorbing your carefully mixed and ingested alcohol and ripping the sought after, an undoubtedly very well earned buzz from your grasp - right?

Drink more my friend, drink more!!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, 70 Roadrunner said:

Are the mixed drinks on the NCL ships diluted?

Honestly? i believe so. I don't take the drinking package( because i am not a big drinker) so i order a drink here and there, I have had a caipirinha, a mojito here and there, and always the alcohol level is not there, it feels like i am drinking water. In two instances, i have returned the drink and asked them to redo it and it comes back the same way, they either don't know how to make the drinks or they have been instructed to make them that way. On my last cruise, i had a conversation with the food and beverage manager about it and he said they will improve on that. I hope that is the case on my next cruise. For now, i will stick to drinking wine.

Edited by spanishguy1970

4 minutes ago, Notnewtoit said:

Eat less??? Let me reframe the problem for you... the additional well-deserved, long-awaited food is maliciously and uncaringly absorbing your carefully mixed and ingested alcohol and ripping the sought after, an undoubtedly very well earned buzz from your grasp - right?

OK I will try to drink more next cruise!

I have no proof that the pre-mixed drinks have less booze than a custom made drink, but I was drinking Bahama Mama's all afternoon last week that were poured out of a Beer Draft tap.  Hardly felt a buzz.  Had a double Johnny Black with dinner, felt it.   I really don't care though to be honest.  They tasted good, I wasn't a wreck, and since I had the drink package I wasn't trying to "get my moneys worth".   Nobody wants rubberized loud mouthed drunks running all over the place.   So just enjoy the day.

I agree....NCL does a heavy pour.  I’ve seen them break the seal for new bottles, so don’t see how they can water down the bottles.  My guess you eat more and it takes a little more liquor to get you “buzzed” because you eat more on a cruise.  Maybe all that fresh air is another reason.

6 hours ago, LinnieRed said:

I like a “weak” cocktail so I’ve asked for a gin and tonic with half a shot of gin. The bartender usually laughs at me while he makes a show of measuring the 1/2 shot. 

I will take the other half shot added to my drink.

• Like 1

Definitely not diluted, except I agree that the premixed drinks seem weak the few times I've had it. I usually prefer fresh mixed drinks (once or twice I've ordered the drink of the day the next day and if they have the ingredients it's much better). The increased and more frequent eating does make it take more drinks to get a buzz. 

Heck one time the pourer fell off the bottle as he was pouring and the bartender just shrugged at the almost full glass, added a splash of mixer and told me to enjoy as he handed it over. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Notnewtoit said:

Ditto and well said😎

On 4/6/2019 at 12:23 PM, Aesop081 said:

I have no proof that the pre-mixed drinks have less booze than a custom made drink, but I was drinking Bahama Mama's all afternoon last week that were poured out of a Beer Draft tap.  Hardly felt a buzz.  Had a double Johnny Black with dinner, felt it.   I really don't care though to be honest.  They tasted good, I wasn't a wreck, and since I had the drink package I wasn't trying to "get my moneys worth".   Nobody wants rubberized loud mouthed drunks running all over the place.   So just enjoy the day.

Yeah the Pre Mixed at definitely weaker but not purposefully!!