New Pinnacle Ship named - Ryndam!

Radbooks

Hear ye! Hear ye! Hear ye! Here is the word of Captain Darin!

Ryndam will be capable of transiting Panama Canal as lifeboat davitts will be different.  'Will we lose any of the Promenade Deck?' asks I. 'No' says he, as Ryndam will have a diffetent type of davitt, which will be adjustable inwards for PCA rules. 'Will those davitts be retro fitted to Kdm and NS?'. 'No, would be cost prohibitive!'

Ryndam will probably do Caribbean through winter months and Alaska during summer months.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Ryndam will be capable of transiting Panama Canal as lifeboat davitts will be different.  'Will we lose any of the Promenade Deck?' asks I. 'No' says he, as Ryndam will have a diffetent type of davitt, which will be adjustable inwards for PCA rules. 'Will those davitts be retro fitted to Kdm and NS?'. 'No, would be cost prohibitive!'

Ryndam will probably do Caribbean through winter months and Alaska during summer months.

Thanks for the heads up, Colin! Good news 

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

That is good news.  I hope we get our Promenade deck back!

14 minutes ago, Himself said:

I wonder who the Take out Capain will be?  Perhaps Darin ot possibly Noel O' Driscoll.

I would kinda doubt if that decision has been made already, Father. Interesting tidbit however; Capt. Bowland was initially announced as the take out master of Nieuw Statendam however, was then replaced without an explanation by Capt. de Boer

59 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

I would kinda doubt if that decision has been made already, Father. Interesting tidbit however; Capt. Bowland was initially announced as the take out master of Nieuw Statendam however, was then replaced without an explanation by Capt. de Boer

Yes, and that was quite a surprise.  I was looking forward to finally meeting Captain Bowland.  Captain de Boer did a good job and appeared to be guest-friendly as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RMS Olympic said:

All good info. Now to determine delivery date, first sailing date and booking availability date 😀😁😎

May/June completion followed by her first cruise from Venice to Vancouver via PC........now that would have me booking straight away! 

It's a dream, maybe a fervent wish 😍

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

May/June completion followed by her first cruise from Venice to Vancouver via PC........now that would have me booking straight away! 

16 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Thanks JOHN.  I thought Captain  Bowland was announced as the take out Captain. Then when Captain de Boer took it out I thought I must have gotten it wrong.  Thanks for telling what happened.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

That would really be a unique itinerary!  I'd be interested in such a cruise as well.

• 4 weeks later...

RE:  Confusion w/the two Nieuw ships......

Was working with TA to book the NS.  He quoted me NA prices.  (NA was departing Saturday, NS Sunday)

Once he realized his mistake (which was when it was time to book) he did what he could to make good on the disparity in price.  Minor confusion but I'm certain it occurs frequently and can be a bigger problem.

I'm all for dropping the Nieuw on Statendam....And looking forward to sailing on her again as well as the Ryndam. 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 4:38 PM, VMax1700 said:

I was hoping the Ryndam would be capable of doing the Panama Canal cruises, great news for sure.

• Like 1