Crows Nest

It really depends on the ship you are on.

On the larger ones no nothing as it purposes have been changed.

On the older ships there can be activities 

Until recently the Rotterdam had BB Kings there (our loss as they were excellent)

On the Prinsendam the piano guy is there.

On the Oosterdam I would’t Expect anything as it did retrofitted to suit Mr. Ashfrod’s vision.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

The Crow's Nest as an entertainment venue at night will soon be a thing of the past. There was a time when there was a house band playing dance music in there before the DJ took over 

And for years it was packed but when the bands were stopped the Crow’s Nest started to fade away.

A small wedding took place in the Crows Nest on the Nieuw Statendam prior to departure  and the muster drill early March 2019

No happy hour between 4-5pm in this great venue

Early morning Exploration Café did not open til 8am an hour later than on the Koningsdam  

So quiet now

Bring a book, leave a book

Bob

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

The Crow's Nest as an entertainment venue at night will soon be a thing of the past. There was a time when there was a house band playing dance music in there before the DJ took over 

Yet, the Nieuw Statendam has a dance-type floor in the center of the Crow's Nest.

On 4/9/2019 at 8:05 PM, Copper10-8 said:

Since EXC has come on line the Crows Nest has been reimagined.  The music has gone but it is still a great place.

38 minutes ago, Himself said:

Since EXC has come on line the Crows Nest has been reimagined.  The music has gone but it is still a great place.

Yes, but that should only be on the big ships (Vistas and up) and perhaps Maasdam 

18 hours ago, Himself said:

The music is gone for now.  But, why was a dance-type floor installed on Nieuw Statendam?

Surely may be wrong, but I think the concept for the Crow's Nest is still a "work in progress".  Maybe sometime in the future, some type of music will return?  

1 hour ago, Himself said:

I was just on the NS and I missed seeing it.

I recall seeing carpeted areas on much of the Crow's Nest floor.  I recall seeing a non-carpeted area near the middle of the lounge, close to the Exploration's Cafe coffee bar.  Am I mistaken that this area might not be used as a dance-floor type in the future?  What I saw certainly reminded of what I what observed in the Crow's Nest on the Rotterdam.  Nieuw Statendam's was not as large as the Rotterdam's as I recall.

Or, is my memory totally wacky?

On 4/11/2019 at 8:06 PM, Himself said:

Well not if you enjoyed the quiet and the view. Fewer comfortable chairs and far to much action (noise), for me.

1 hour ago, aa7yy said:

Well not if you enjoyed the quiet and the view. Fewer comfortable chairs and far to much action (noise), for me.

I always enjoyed the view and I can still get a diet coke or a Whiskey Sour at the bar.  I have also benefitted from some great EXP presentations up there.  I like the redone Crows nest.

22 minutes ago, nextcruiseonmymind said:

Do they charge for treats from the Explorations Cafe? And does anyone know the hours of both the cafe and the bar?

No charge for the treats; I'm not sure of the Bar's hours, but I would imagine it would open fairly early in the morning and stay open well into the evening.