Drinks Package, better to purchase before or once onboard.

Pre cruise sales are better than purchasing onboard. Unfortunately you may have waited too long, I usually find a pretty good price about 3-6  months out. It can not hurt to keep checking your cruise planner though, you might get lucky.

1 hour ago, GERRYRICE62 said:

Hi We are going on Majesty of the Seas in two weeks time and I was wondering is it cheaper to purchase a drinks package now or is it cheaper once onboard Thanks.

Only way it might be less expensive onboard is if you skip some days at the beginning of the cruise.  You are supposed to be able to purchase onboard if there are at least 4 days left in the cruise.

how can you add D+ discount to pre purchase online ? not a fan of light beer , just would like to go to the pub or schoner bar and have a beer with the regular folk and not have to listen to DL / CL politics .

24 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

how can you add D+ discount to pre purchase online ? not a fan of light beer , just would like to go to the pub or schoner bar and have a beer with the regular folk and not have to listen to DL / CL politics .

The D+ and P discounts can only be used for onboard purchases.

On 4/12/2019 at 11:42 AM, Host Clarea said:

The D+ and P discounts can only be used for onboard purchases.

I believe I've read on another thread that you can purchase online, then if it's less on board with your D+ or P discount you can cancel/repurchase.  Anyone have experience with this lately?

TIA

Ruth

2 minutes ago, rajacks said:

I believe I've read on another thread that you can purchase online, then if it's less on board with your D+ or P discount you can cancel/repurchase.  Anyone have experience with this lately?

TIA

Ruth

No problem cancelling once onboard, however your refund will be in on board credit, not a refund to a credit card.

I paid $49 pp/day about a month ago for our cruise next month. It jut went down to $45 pp/day and so I cancelled and re-purchased them with no issues whatsoever. That's a saving of $4.72 pp/day after the 18% is deducted as well. So keep an eye on it after purchase!