What Good are Suite Perks if you can't use them

Yehootu

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

lol it has been a long day and this laptop decides on its own sometimes....what I meant to say was "which is why I included it in my hypothetical example "

OK, gotcha.  Gotta love auto-correct.:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

lol it has been a long day and this laptop decides on its own sometimes....what I meant to say was "which is why I included it in my hypothetical example "

I didn't quote you but like you rather than a period I'll use the ellipse.............................. 

• Thanks 1

I have never understood how they can say that ATD is full.  I believe ATD goes from 5:30-9 PM.  How can they tell at any point during those hours that all tables will be full?  That some who have signed up for it won't even go to the MDR?   

I have read on here where there is a wait period at certain times when the rush is on but after that, there's no wait at all.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RWolver672 said:

I have never understood how they can say that ATD is full.  I believe ATD goes from 5:30-9 PM.  How can they tell at any point during those hours that all tables will be full?  That some who have signed up for it won't even go to the MDR?   

I have read on here where there is a wait period at certain times when the rush is on but after that, there's no wait at all.  

ATD is usually a part of a dining room (a certain number of tables and staff.  The rest is used for assigned dining.  If the number of tables was 50 (for discussion sake, it is much higher) and those tables are full, then people wait.  The team know when people come in and from a historical basis know how long it takes.  Obviously reality licks in and things happen.

Am I way off in seeing it as not included? When booking an ocean suite, there is no mention of this on the website. Usually, when they are trying to sell your their higher profit items, they will list what you're getting. Why wouldn't they list it? All we have is buried in the help section that it's included for "deluxe suites". While we don't know exactly what that means, there are certainly more "deluxe" options available.

With that said, ATD being full sounds like a load of bull. I don't think I've ever heard of anything full other than the early dining.

2 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Am I way off in seeing it as not included? When booking an ocean suite, there is no mention of this on the website. Usually, when they are trying to sell your their higher profit items, they will list what you're getting. Why wouldn't they list it? All we have is buried in the help section that it's included for "deluxe suites". While we don't know exactly what that means, there are certainly more "deluxe" options available.

With that said, ATD being full sounds like a load of bull. I don't think I've ever heard of anything full other than the early dining.

Buried or not it is part of the OP's cruise contract with Carnival.

2 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

Buried or not it is part of the OP's cruise contract with Carnival.

I understand that part. Do you know where in the contact it says anything above a junior suite is a deluxe suite?

In addition to FTTF and P/D VIFP, that is a lot of people to guarantee a dining time to...

I have never stayed in a suite on Carnival, but according to my friend who frequently stays in them, only the highest suite levels on a ship are considered deluxe suites. That doesn’t mean much to me, but hopefully someone familiar with the different types of suites knows what Carnival considers their highest suite levels. I assume it is directly related to the most expensive suites. 

25 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

15 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I understand that part. Do you know where in the contact it says anything above a junior suite is a deluxe suite?

In addition to FTTF and P/D VIFP, that is a lot of people to guarantee a dining time to...

As already clearly stated, FTTF and Platinum do not get guaranteed dining time.  They get Priority.  Diamond and Suite guests are the only ones that get guaranteed.

No, it doesn't say anywhere that I have ever seen that anything above a Junior Suite is a deluxe suite.  The JS thing was just my guess, as I stated earlier.  I think Carnival has intentionally used some ambiguous language in such cases as this.

An Ocean Suite is definitely a "deluxe suite accommodation" by Carnival's (albeit unstated) definition.  Yes, there are more "deluxe" options above the level of OS.  That does not negate the fact that OS is "deluxe".  Guaranteed dining time is absolutely included.  TAs, PVPs, and Upsell Fairys alike mention it as an included benefit for an OS when "pitching it".   And it does exist in print from Carnival that it is indeed included. 

So, yeah, you may be way off.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I have never stayed in a suite on Carnival, but according to my friend who frequently stays in them, only the highest suite levels on a ship are considered deluxe suites. That doesn’t mean much to me, but hopefully someone familiar with the different types of suites knows what Carnival considers their highest suite levels. I assume it is directly related to the most expensive suites. 

I stay in Ocean Suites all the time.  They are indeed included in the referenced "deluxe" grouping and include the perks of such.

I'm a TA. I put people on the waiting list for anytime dining, so I know that it exists. I just had one buy FTTF at 7 weeks out from sailing and the next morning they were moved off the wait-list from late to ATD. It seems as if the OP may have booked just after the dining times were finalized. At this point I would just do like others have suggested and make a friendly visit to the MD and explain the situation. I am sure he will do the very best he can to make it work. 

16 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I agree it should not have to be a problem for a single booking, groups not so much. That said, I have never heard of anyone being bumped from a committed dining time at all.  I understand the wording, and we book early so have never had a problem getting what we wanted, but that said, I would never want to bump someone that had been committed a time solely based on status either room or cruise.   

I know for a fact that if you're not a VIFP or FTTF cruiser, you CAN be bumped to a different dining time, because it happened to us. Two of my friends and I were in a cabin on a cruise as part of a large group. We were confirmed for late dining with the group, but about a month before the cruise we received an email notifying us that we were changed to early dining. No one else from our large group of about 200, just the 3 of us! Fortunately the TA organizing the cruise does a ton of business with Carnival and she was able to get it switched back to late dining for us before the cruise. Otherwise we would have had to visit the maitre d' upon boarding or face eating all on our own, instead of with our other group members.

Edited by Shaded Lady

1 hour ago, Shaded Lady said:

I know for a fact that if you're not a VIFP or FTTF cruiser, you CAN be bumped to a different dining time, because it happened to us. Two of my friends and I were in a cabin on a cruise as part of a large group. We were confirmed for late dining with the group, but about a month before the cruise we received an email notifying us that we were changed to early dining. No one else from our large group of about 200, just the 3 of us! Fortunately the TA organizing the cruise does a ton of business with Carnival and she was able to get it switched back to late dining for us before the cruise. Otherwise we would have had to visit the maitre d' upon boarding or face eating all on our own, instead of with our other group members.

Well now I can say that I have heard of it.  Wow, 200 is a really large group.

Edited by jimbo5544

3 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

I stay in Ocean Suites all the time.  They are indeed included in the referenced "deluxe" grouping and include the perks of such.

But no chocolates on the pillow.😉

7 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Well now I can say that I have heard of it.  Wow, 200 is a really large group.

Yeah- it was a group of Red Hatters- for those of you who don't know what that is, it's a group of ladies 'of a certain age' who get together to celebrate … whatever, wearing purple outfits and outrageous red hats (hence my avatar!) Normally we're a well-behaved well-mannered group of women, but that cruise was an eye opener for sure! Anyway, the head of our group was also the TA, so she was able to take care of the dining room issue before we boarded...

• Like 1

We are primarily Princess Cruisers. Unfortunately our cruising partner, my Mom passed on 04/02. We needed a cruise just to celebrate her and the great 94yr life she had. We have a 25 day cruise in 2020 that Mom was supposed to be on with my wife and I. We did make this reservation late. I've had several cruise where i've been in the Maitre'D line and have always been accommodated. Just wanted to know if anyone else had run into this. In the past we've seen the shake up of tables and the hold back of tables. All will be OK, we'll be on the water. Then again, I guess a great alternative would be to give us a table at the steak house nightly without the charge....(smiley Face)

Aloha

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Yehootu said:

We are primarily Princess Cruisers. Unfortunately our cruising partner, my Mom passed on 04/02. We needed a cruise just to celebrate her and the great 94yr life she had. We have a 25 day cruise in 2020 that Mom was supposed to be on with my wife and I. We did make this reservation late. I've had several cruise where i've been in the Maitre'D line and have always been accommodated. Just wanted to know if anyone else had run into this. In the past we've seen the shake up of tables and the hold back of tables. All will be OK, we'll be on the water. Then again, I guess a great alternative would be to give us a table at the steak house nightly without the charge....(smiley Face)

Aloha

It sounds like you have a great attitude and will have a great cruise!  I like the free Steakhouse every night idea!  I'm sorry for your loss and I wish you healing and happiness and many more great cruises, Aloha.

• 2 weeks later...

Do suite guest truly get free laundry service? If so how does this work? This is our first time staying in a suite. Also, how about priority tendering to HMC? I read somewhere that Priority also includes early debarkation at ports. Any truth to that? Thanks!

32 minutes ago, Clinefam0804 said:

Do suite guest truly get free laundry service? If so how does this work? This is our first time staying in a suite. Also, how about priority tendering to HMC? I read somewhere that Priority also includes early debarkation at ports. Any truth to that? Thanks!

Yes suites get 1 free bag of laundry, priority tendering and priority debarkation.

So cool there's someone on here from Roanoke. I'm in the next county over from you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, teknoge3k said:

Yes suites get 1 free bag of laundry, priority tendering and priority debarkation.

So cool there's someone on here from Roanoke. I'm in the next county over from you. 

Thanks for the info! And so cool your close by! Enjoy this beautiful weather we are having! Cheers 🙂