Can't contact MSC - should we cancel?

traveltripper

I can't log in to my booking. I've called, emailed, tweeted, Facebook messengered. Even posted on their pages in FB and Twitter. I've been on hold for an hour trying to get to customer support. I've never dealt with this bad of a company. I've never had this much difficulty planning a vacation. It's literally sucking all the joy out of it. I'm thinking of canceling. 

Someone assure me. Is it that their customer service is atrocious but the cruise itself will be good? We are sailing out of Barcelona in October.

Update: Someone finally picked up - waited over an hour. Even though I chose "technical support" option, the agent told me that all options end up in the same place - reservations. He said they are having problems with the website, with no ETA on a fix. He confirmed my booking. He did say sorry for the wait, but that they had a high call volume and that an hour wait is ordinary for them.

I just don't know. I'm worried. If this is how they handle things before I've even left the country...

29 minutes ago, traveltripper said:

Update: Someone finally picked up - waited over an hour. Even though I chose "technical support" option, the agent told me that all options end up in the same place - reservations. He said they are having problems with the website, with no ETA on a fix. He confirmed my booking. He did say sorry for the wait, but that they had a high call volume and that an hour wait is ordinary for them.

I just don't know. I'm worried. If this is how they handle things before I've even left the country...

Sadly the MSC web site is notorious. Calling seems best in the morning. We always get through then with no issues. 

Stick with it its much better on board. Have always enjoyed MSC amd their ships are beautiful.

Ok, that makes me feel better. If it's just a case of bad website and great ship I'm ok. I was talking about this with my husband last night. Here in the States, we are spoiled and accustomed to living in a capitalist society. Our business is highly competitive, and if the website sux, customer service sux, we assume the whole thing sux. I do know, however, this isn't always true. Yesterday I called and an agent picked up right away, and that was in the afternoon. But then I tried in the evening, and after 40 minutes gave up. This morning it was over an hour.

I also chose a different option as I thought I was getting tech support. Usually, I choose the "I have a booking" option. Sometimes planning travel is a pain. Welcome to my luxury problems. :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I guess I am lucky, I was on the phone a total of 5 minutes upgrading the Easy drink package to Premium....

Yes, it is luck. When I booked, I ended up hanging up with 2 different, totally inept agents. I mean, I found myself wondering if they were on drugs. The 3rd was great and booked us no problem.

I waited about 55 minutes yesterday to speak to someone  at MSC about the "Fantastica Vouchers" issue.   He was very rude and belligerent.   After arguing with him and him calling people on cruise critic (who posted they were getting OBC for the cancelled drink vouchers)  "all liars and don't believe everything you read".

I finally asked repeatedly to speak to a supervisor and he told me I would have to wait another hour.   I said that was fine and then he promptly hung up on me.  His name is Robert B. so if you get him on the line I would try to speak to someone else.

I am going to try to call back another time and hope to resolve the issue.   Does anyone have an e-mail or phone # to reach supervisors or management?  I want to report his conversation and hanging up on me.

MSC shoreside has been inept as long as I’ve been following them. For the past five years promises of a new web page have resulted in not much difference.

While  I do ageee that the ship experience is better- I think it’s wise to read the reviews which address poor conflict resolution onboard. The customer is Not always right. It seems if you can get by without having any issues to address youll be fine, but to think everything will be 💯 different and free of aggregation is naive.

With any luck, customer service won’t be as bad as what you have experienced, but it’s best to be prepared that MSC does not deal with the customer like traditional mainstream lines sailing in the USA.

11 hours ago, traveltripper said:

Yes, it is luck. When I booked, I ended up hanging up with 2 different, totally inept agents. I mean, I found myself wondering if they were on drugs. The 3rd was great and booked us no problem.

The three times I called msc twice last year and once this year to book my second cruise.i had no issues with customer any of those times went straight thru no waiting on hold.i may have been lucky.

Just off my first MSC cruise. Like you, I was so nervous after booking because the customer service was atrocious. However, once on board, everyone was fantastic. I had no issues what so ever. Everyone wanted to help as best they could and I had a wonderful experience. 

I did not have the Fantastica vouchers, so I have no experience with that. 

1 hour ago, lizinvan said:

Nice!  What ship we you on? Itinerary?  How was the food?  Cheer!

I was on the Armonia, we went to Roatan, Costa Maya, Cozumel and Havana. 

While MSC was definitely different than all other cruises I've been on, it was not horrible. The clientele is more diverse, which makes conversation awkward at times. But the staff all spoke English and were just as friendly and helpful as any other line. 

The food was not great. I only enjoyed one of the dinners, the others were not so bad that I couldn't eat, but just not that tasty. I quite enjoyed the pizza. It was the best I've had on any cruise line. I think I had some every day. 

Phone definitely worked better for me.  Try resetting your password.  My booking magically reappeared when I did that.

The headaches with the website and phone booking were totally worth it IMO.  We did a 7 night yacht club cruise on Seaside.

We booked Fantasica experience on Fantasia in Med over a year ago. Understood the drink vouchers were included   Had no prob with similar booking travelled last week on Sinfonia   North Am res are supposed to receive comp water at lunch and dinner with. A corresponding number on your card. They have to send emails about this. It is only one week!?!:(

This must have been so frustrating, I'm sorry to hear that. I've only called MSC twice and both times I got through within about 2 minutes. I'll just put out my standard recommendation to use a travel agent, ALWAYS. I let my friend who's a travel agent do the dirty work. Life has too many other frustrations to let vacation planning be one of them. Enjoy your cruise!