Allure MDRs?

Greetings.

Can you please let me know if there is a difference among the three MDRs on the Allure?     As an example, on the NCL Escape, all three had the same menu, but one was much louder, one was much slower and one was "just right".   Do you have a preference on the Allure?  I have a very large group - 15 rooms.  While I don't expect us all at one table, I'd like to be able to see/talk to everyone.  This is our one "ok, everyone regroup" point each day.

Thoughts?  Which do you prefer and why?

thanks!

Pretty much the same, identical menus.  One level is for My Time Dining or MTD.  Other levels for traditional dining.  Service levels differ between MTD and traditional but other than that it's the same overall dining experience.

10 minutes ago, cruiser123! said:

Greetings.

Can you please let me know if there is a difference among the three MDRs on the Allure?     As an example, on the NCL Escape, all three had the same menu, but one was much louder, one was much slower and one was "just right".   Do you have a preference on the Allure?  I have a very large group - 15 rooms.  While I don't expect us all at one table, I'd like to be able to see/talk to everyone.  This is our one "ok, everyone regroup" point each day.

Thoughts?  Which do you prefer and why?

thanks!

We have found deck 5, away from the center, to be the quietest.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, cruiser123! said:

Can you please let me know if there is a difference among the three MDRs on the Allure? 

Unless you are willing to switch between traditional and MTD, you are unlikely to get a choice on which level to sit. For that large a group, traditional might work better - don't worry about location in the MDR.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Unless you are willing to switch between traditional and MTD, you are unlikely to get a choice on which level to sit. For that large a group, traditional might work better - don't worry about location in the MDR.

thank you!

17 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It is NOT as if you can 'switch' between traditional seating and MTD during a cruise.  If you choose tradition dining (early or late) you get assigned a table (or in this case tables and they can be requested for NEAR each other), but you can't on 'some nights' choose to go to MTD.   It is an either or choice.

• Like 1

we had MTD for the 3 of us and we had American Icon restaurant as our MTD MDR. However, on at least 3 nights we were moved to the other MDRs (even though we arrived at the same time every day). They were all very nice and equal, I believe. We had no objection to the move and didn't want to wait to be seated at any particular venue. The menu is the same anyway.

I find the three levels very different. Deck five very Asian with lots of red and gold. Deck 4 a classic look with white and gold. Deck 3 is just what it is called ,a grill with license plates for wall decorations and long couch like seating.  Always get or switch to deck  4.

6 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

we had MTD for the 3 of us and we had American Icon restaurant as our MTD MDR. However, on at least 3 nights we were moved to the other MDRs (even though we arrived at the same time every day). They were all very nice and equal, I believe. We had no objection to the move and didn't want to wait to be seated at any particular venue. The menu is the same anyway.

They do this because the closer you get to the end of the cruise, the less people show up for their selected dining time on Decks 4 and 5.  It's interesting to watch them drop like flies.

So, because there are less people eating in the MDR on the last few nights, they can move MTDs up and get them seated quicker.

On 4/18/2019 at 1:40 PM, schmeed said:

They do this because the closer you get to the end of the cruise, the less people show up for their selected dining time on Decks 4 and 5.  It's interesting to watch them drop like flies.

So, because there are less people eating in the MDR on the last few nights, they can move MTDs up and get them seated quicker.

Found the exact opposite on our 15 night Independence transatlantic.  We were on the second level balcony and looked down into MTD.  We had late seating, MDR was full, looking down the MTD area it was absolutely unoccupied the last week. 

3 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Found the exact opposite on our 15 night Independence transatlantic.  We were on the second level balcony and looked down into MTD.  We had late seating, MDR was full, looking down the MTD area it was absolutely unoccupied the last week. 

Dining habits on a Transatlantic Independence cruise and an Oasis class cruise to the Caribbean are totally different. Different crowd dynamics and entertainment concerns.

On 4/18/2019 at 9:43 AM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

We always do early traditional dining. On our cruises on the Allure there will be MTD guests frequently seated in our area. This is primary due to tables letting their waiters know the night before that they will be eating elsewhere the next night.