Getaway 4/27/19 Transatlantic Shortened by Two Days

vwlmember

52 minutes ago, RWKBRO1 said:

It may be worthwhile to try contacting whoever runs the drydock to find out when they knew the ship would be arriving.

If the docks are unionized, a little research might get affected passengers a contact person at the union that would probably be very cooperative answering any questions about the ships scheduled arrival. They usually need a heads up to make sure the dock is properly staffed for incoming vessels.

http://crew-center.com/brest-france-cruise-ship-schedule-2019

http://www.brest.port.fr/fr/contacts

Here you go.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jwp1963 said:

Anyone know what we do if we booked an NCL Pier to airport transfer on the 9th?  Will it be automatically changed to the 7th?

I posted this on the roll call today:

12 hours ago, snowcamper said:

Are you saying that the NCL transfers to the airport are NOT going to be available on the 7th? Well, there's another stupid move!  They can change my flight but not the bus??? Has anyone else heard this?  I have trouble believing anything being said by the call center people - I think they are making it up as they go!  I'll be calling tomorrow - but will I believe whatever they tell me? not sure! 

I called today (Monday April 22) the operator put me on hold to check and said my prepaid transfer would be honored. I already changed my flight to May 7.

Edited by JayS

If you are booked on this cruise and haven't joined the roll call, please consider doing so. There is a lot of information being shared over there and some wonderful events that could lessen the disappointment  we're experiencing.

Rainey

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, erdoran said:

Getaway arrival shows May 10 on the schedule.

Yes. But that could be an old schedule. Someone who speaks French would have to call the port to see if there has been a change since this was posted.

I've still not received the official email.  And we actually booked through a PCC this time.  

When I heard about this on Cruise Critic, I sent an email to said PCC.  She responded by telling me SHE isn't responsible for itinerary changes and to call the 1-800 number on my email.  So helpful!

I'm not on the Getaway TA, but as I posted on here several days ago, I am appalled at what NCL has done.   Over the weekend, I sent an email, as a long-time NCL customer and shareholder, to Andy Stuart and Vivian Ewart expressing my dismay at the last-minute , substantial itinerary change and the unacceptable compensation being offered.  (This was before NCL lifted the restriction of $300pp to air travel, and before NCL offered a future cruise credit; this is still insufficient as far as I'm concerned.) 

In my email to NCL I said I thought they should allow people to cancel without penalty, and, for those still going on the cruise, pick up the full cost of transportation changes and two nights in a hotel, etc., give people more than 25% back, and give a future cruise credit as well.   I told them that I would be watching how they ultimately handled this, and would make my future cruising decisions accordingly.

To my great surprise, I received a voice mail this morning from a woman in NCL's Executive Office (darn, I wish I'd been able to take that call!) stating that they had received and read my email, and that she was calling to thank me for it and tell me how much they value me as a customer.  

That was nice, but they still need to do more for the people on the Getaway TA!

And I will repeat a comment I posted here several days ago: folks who are NOT on this cruise should ALSO be emailing NCL to express how disgusted they are about what NCL has done.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

I'm not on the Getaway TA, but as I posted on here several days ago, I am appalled at what NCL has done.   Over the weekend, I sent an email, as a long-time NCL customer and shareholder, to Andy Stuart and Vivian Ewart expressing my dismay at the last-minute , substantial itinerary change and the unacceptable compensation being offered.  (This was before NCL lifted the restriction of $300pp to air travel, and before NCL offered a future cruise credit; this is still insufficient as far as I'm concerned.) 

In my email to NCL I said I thought they should allow people to cancel without penalty, and, for those still going on the cruise, pick up the full cost of transportation changes and two nights in a hotel, etc., give people more than 25% back, and give a future cruise credit as well.   I told them that I would be watching how they ultimately handled this, and would make my future cruising decisions accordingly.

To my great surprise, I received a voice mail this morning from a woman in NCL's Executive Office (darn, I wish I'd been able to take that call!) stating that they had received and read my email, and that she was calling to thank me for it and tell me how much they value me as a customer.  

And I will repeat a comment I posted here several days ago: folks who are NOT on this cruise should ALSO be emailing NCL to express how disgusted they are about what NCL has done.

As someone booked on this cruise - I sincerely thank you for taking the time to reach out to the NCL executive team. There is certainly power in numbers and when they receive notes from loyal customers not even sailing 4/27 I am sure NCL begins to grasp the reputational risk. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to express your feelings to NCL directly.   Hopefully, they will reconsider and realize the currently offered compensation is insufficient.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

Thank you for taking the time out to write to them. This is my first time using NCL and I am so frustrated by  this last minute change. 

• Thanks 1

BREAKING NEWS: I'm  not on the Getaway TA, but having written to Ms. Ewart to express my disgust over this, I'm now on her email list.  I just got a form email from her stating that NCL has ADDED BACK Le Havre and Zeebrugge, apparently on May 5 and 6 respectively (instead of Punta Delgada and Portland).

I hope those with independent excursions can juggle them back!! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

BREAKING NEWS: I'm  not on the Getaway TA, but having written to Ms. Ewart to express my disgust over this, I'm now on her email list.  I just got a form email from her stating that NCL has ADDED BACK Le Havre and Zeebrugge, apparently on May 5 and 6 respectively (instead of Punta Delgada and Portland).

I hope those with independent excursions can juggle them back!! 

I’m on the cruise and haven’t gotten the email yet, but it’s posted on our roll call.  This sure is a mess, and yes, I hope we can get our private excursion back, three days earlier than it was previously scheduled.  NCL isn’t going to be selling shore excursions on the website and they’re advising people to buy them onboard at the Shore Excursion desk.  Imagine the line they’ll have!

12 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

I looked at hotels in Southampton and there are lots of hotels available for $200-300.

I assume you got a great deal on the cruise.

You assume incorrectly and I'm not staying at a hotel in south Hampton for ypur information. Why don't you check the hotels in London for me if you care so much. Will you be paying for my 2 extra days of food that I didn't account for.  #troll Will you help me with 3 yr old toddler the 2 days I thought I would be on a boat? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Sounds like someone is listening.  So glad for those booked on this cruise...now, let's see if you can get the days back too.

Well stands to reason unless they scraped two other ports and are back to four ports it’s back to original 

1 minute ago, njkate said:

Well stands to reason unless they scraped two other ports and are back to four ports it’s back to original 

Well I took it to mean that the 2 more desirable ports were put in the place of the two less desirable ones making the cruise still 10 days in length.  Can anyone confirm if it has in fact, changed back to the original itinerary?

3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Thank you for your efforts. I am very disappointed with what I feel is deception. As I said to V Ewart in an email as a recent platinum level customer I have really enjoyed my cruises on NCL. But now I see how they treat their loyal customers. This whole situation is out of control. I will find another cruise line. Again thank you

• Like 1

I just phoned NCL, and this change was confirmed. They are in the process of emailing all TA and passengers. Basically, from what was described, the length will remain reduced by two days, but there will be stops in Zeebruge and LeHavre.  (I do not know what may be cut out - hopefully a day at sea and Portsmouth which, quite frankly, you can take a National Coach bus from Southampton in two hours, if so inclined).  Good news!