How do you know of sales on the extras?

We have two cruises booked with Royal before the end of the year. When I go into the cruise planner, sometimes the extras ( like the drink package or excursions) are on “sale” for one of the cruises but not the other. I haven’t purchased anything yet, but should probably start thinking about it. How do you know about the sales? I never seem to get emails. Should I? Or do I just need to make a habit of checking the cruise planner regularly?

48 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Dont count on getting e mails on a regular basis.  Many have set their e mail preferences to accept e mails and haven’t received a thing.

Yes, this.  We never get emails, even though we have set our preferences for them.  I have found that, for shore excursions at least, the sales usually start on a Friday and continue during the weekend, so I am in the habit of doing a quick check on those days.  We've gotten some very nice reductions on our upcoming Ovation of the Seas Alaska cruise.  I make a point of recording what excursions we might be interested in and what the starting price was, so I can know if the "sale" really is.  Same applies to dining packages.

Pat

2 hours ago, vistapat said:

Yes, this.  We never get emails, even though we have set our preferences for them.  I have found that, for shore excursions at least, the sales usually start on a Friday and continue during the weekend, so I am in the habit of doing a quick check on those days.  We've gotten some very nice reductions on our upcoming Ovation of the Seas Alaska cruise.  I make a point of recording what excursions we might be interested in and what the starting price was, so I can know if the "sale" really is.  Same applies to dining packages.

Pat

I get about 1 a day plus even though I am not logged in If I look at something I get an email about that even if I don't fill out the who I am or login

image.png.6b2f77f9966614ac41752191d2696440.png

Edited by AlanF65

Besides checking the cruise planner often...you might also check your rollcall...we've found that many of those cruising with us will post this info when it happens. And once you purchase something if it goes on sale...easy to cancel and re-purchase. I've been doing this a lot recently...with internet and one excursion in particular I've canceled and re-purchased 4 x's so far.

I have to agree also...don't depend on RCI to contact you...if they have you're one of the few.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AlanF65 said:

Via email if you allow them

image.png.992620a864f86174e0e75466ec2f20af.png

I have my account set up for emails.  I haven't been receiving any emails from Royal Caribbean since I booked my cruise over a year ago. Oddly the only email I received since was a Royal up offer.  I get Celebrity emails on a daily basis.  I have just been checking my planner for any sales. Maybe I don't get them because I'm booked with a travel agent

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I have my account set up for emails.  I haven't been receiving any emails from Royal Caribbean since I booked my cruise over a year ago. Oddly the only email I received since was a Royal up offer.  I get Celebrity emails on a daily basis.  I have just been checking my planner for any sales. Maybe I don't get them because I'm booked with a travel agent

I made the booking and then transferred to a TA, I did buy a beverage and zoom package and dining package on black Friday or new years, sale, maybe that's part of it. I bought all my excursions independent of RC.

A slightly different question... What about prices on board? I know pre-paying is generally cheaper for things that can be purchased before the cruise sailing, but are there any tips for things that can only be purchased on board? For example, spa treatments are usually cheaper on port days. Duty-Free alcohol prices generally do not change, so you might as well buy early if you know what you want. (BTW, if you find it cheaper in port, snap a picture and you will get a price adjustment.)

I'm not familiar with RCL, so fire away. I'm particularly interested if there's a discount on laundry offered. NCL used to have a deal where you can fill a bag for one price. Trying to stuff as much clothing in that bag as possible was fun.

1 hour ago, AlanF65 said:

I made the booking and then transferred to a TA, I did buy a beverage and zoom package and dining package on black Friday or new years, sale, maybe that's part of it. I bought all my excursions independent of RC.

I did the same on Black Friday. Maybe because you booked directly and then transferred to a TA. I went directly with a TA.

I have been receiving emails for sales for my September Symphony cruise but not for my Mariner December cruise. I also check my cruise planner once a day, it doesn't take more than a few minutes to do this. The escape room popped up in Activities and it was not there the day before so you just never know when something either becomes available or goes on sale.

3 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

I have been receiving emails for sales for my September Symphony cruise but not for my Mariner December cruise. I also check my cruise planner once a day, it doesn't take more than a few minutes to do this. The escape room popped up in Activities and it was not there the day before so you just never know when something either becomes available or goes on sale.

Yes, I do check daily for entertainment openings.  So far, the only show available to book for our Ovation August cruise is Pixels but I caught that on the first day and was able to choose the time we wanted.

Pat