Cruise Planner Question

When I pull up the cruise planner and try to schedule excursions it doesn't have an option to pay later it only has one to link my credit card. Is there an option to pay later? I am used to paying later, on the cruise (Ive only cruised Disney). Also when can I book dining, drink packages and cruise activities?

3 minutes ago, m3owbox said:

When I pull up the cruise planner and try to schedule excursions it doesn't have an option to pay later it only has one to link my credit card. Is there an option to pay later? I am used to paying later, on the cruise (Ive only cruised Disney). Also when can I book dining, drink packages and cruise activities?

No option on Royal to pay later.  You must pay at time of booking,

timing varies as to when things are released.  Just keep ch3cking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No option on Royal to pay later.  You must pay at time of booking,

timing varies as to when things are released.  Just keep ch3cking.

I was surprised to learn you can pay later when booking airfare now

22 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I was surprised to learn you can pay later when booking airfare now

Royal used to offer that years ago, they called it Flex Fare.  Pay at cruise final payment.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Royal used to offer that years ago, they called it Flex Fare.  Pay at cruise final payment.

They still do. I was checking out some Air fare on Air2Sea last week and I accidentally took it all the way through to the end of the reservation.  I did not notice because it never asked for my credit card. I called Air2Sea immediately and they were able to cancel it.  When I asked why I did not have to provide credit card info, they said it was added to the cruise final payment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

They still do. I was checking out some Air fare on Air2Sea last week and I accidentally took it all the way through to the end of the reservation.  I did not notice because it never asked for my credit card. I called Air2Sea immediately and they were able to cancel it.  When I asked why I did not have to provide credit card info, they said it was added to the cruise final payment.

That's how I figured it out.  Made the same call

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

Interesting that they brought it back.

Speaking of the cruise planner... is anyone else having trouble with it? I know issues pop up from time to time but I have never experienced it. I log in to the website and I can see my cruise on the dashboard. I click on "Plan My Cruise" and it takes me to the old style page where it asks me for my reservation number, name, date of departure, and ship name. I enter all that stuff in and click on "submit" and then I get an error page that says the webpage doesn't even exist. I've tried multiple browsers, clearing cookies/cache, etc. not sure what else to do at this point.

The way I handle this is the first thing I book and pay for our excursions that I think might sell out

Then I take care of dining reservations and premium dining

And lastly I book and pay for the rest of the excursions I want to go on a little closer to the sailing date

I still prefer to use Cruise planner that way all your shore excursion tickets are waiting for you in your stateroom and you don't have to mess around waiting in line at the excursions desk

9 hours ago, ravensbad said:

Speaking of the cruise planner... is anyone else having trouble with it? I know issues pop up from time to time but I have never experienced it. I log in to the website and I can see my cruise on the dashboard. I click on "Plan My Cruise" and it takes me to the old style page where it asks me for my reservation number, name, date of departure, and ship name. I enter all that stuff in and click on "submit" and then I get an error page that says the webpage doesn't even exist. I've tried multiple browsers, clearing cookies/cache, etc. not sure what else to do at this point.

Yes, I have had this happen and I just try later......

Royal excursions, as posters stated above, need to be paid at time of booking.  However, there are private excursions that sometimes give you the option for a minimum down payment and then balance is due when you do the excursion.  I just had this option on one of mine that I booked.  I usually just pay it in full when booking, as it is more convenient for me.  Less I need to worry about later.....

10 hours ago, ravensbad said:

i just had this happen this weekend, finally figured out my husband was logged in at the same time. as soon as he logged out, i could get in normally