Favorite frozen drinks

gs627

6 hours ago, smplybcause said:

My favorite as well! Not to be confused with the similar, and in my opinion not quite as good, miami vice (pina colada and strawberry daiquiri for those that don't know).

I think a lava flow & Miami vice are the same thing.  Different cruise lines call the same drink different things. 

43 minutes ago, 01Sweetpea said:

I think a lava flow & Miami vice are the same thing.  Different cruise lines call the same drink different things. 

Nope. People often think they are though, as they are quite similar. Miami vice is pina colada and strawberry daiquiri mixed together (combination of two frozen drinks). A lava flow is a pina colada with strawberry syrup. 

The lava flow lacks the lime/citrus flavor the frozen strawberry daiquiri brings to the Miami vice. But you are correct in that there are bartenders out there that think they're the same and give you the same drink. I only discovered they were different myself when someone gave me a Miami vice insisting it was lava flow. I haven't run into many though - so maybe they're handing lava flows to those who order Miami vice?

Have to agree with those who voted for BBC. Hubby and I don't typically drink frozen drinks but I sent him to the bar on our last cruise on the Escape and it was love at first sip. We really enjoyed them when we were in the pool area  - very refreshing on a hot Caribbean day. 

1 hour ago, smplybcause said:

Nope. People often think they are though, as they are quite similar. Miami vice is pina colada and strawberry daiquiri mixed together (combination of two frozen drinks). A lava flow is a pina colada with strawberry syrup. 

The lava flow lacks the lime/citrus flavor the frozen strawberry daiquiri brings to the Miami vice. But you are correct in that there are bartenders out there that think they're the same and give you the same drink. I only discovered they were different myself when someone gave me a Miami vice insisting it was lava flow. I haven't run into many though - so maybe they're handing lava flows to those who order Miami vice?

Thank you for that.  I prefer the pina colada/strawberry daiquiri drink .  

• Like 1

They aren't traditionally frozen but some other yummy tropical drinks include: 

Blue Hawaiian 

Classic Mojitos 

Caipirinha (be careful it's rum, lime & sugar & packs quite a punch)

Cadillac Margarita -- contains Grand Mariner & OJ, it's got a softer smoother taste then a regular lime margarita

NCL's infamous Rebellious Fish

Painkiller

Sex on the Beach (raspberry) or Sex on the Bar (orange) 

Cheers everyone! 

• 6 months later...
On 4/25/2019 at 12:23 PM, CardFanDubG said:

I enjoy a Mudslide also. Here is a LINK to a list of NCL Beverages that I created for a Meet & Greet. It includes many different frozen drinks. Also have it attached. 

NCL_Beverage_List[1].pdf 5.69 MB · 110 downloads

Hi, this doesn't appear to be available any more could you please share it again.  Thank you