Need help from seasoned Princess cruisers!

KatiebelleCruiser

Hello all,

hope you can help me as my travel agent has been useless.

I am not new to Princess but this is the first cruise where I have sailed with the whole family in multiple cabins. In December this year I am travelling with my mother in one cabin and my 3 children in a second and my husband and I in the third and I want to access all the bookings but I can only access my own. My family relies on me to fill out alll the info, book excursions and organise the drinks packages etc. 

I have sorted out my mother’s booking as I have registered her under a different email but I cannot do that with my children as my eldest doesn’t turn 18 until September and it will not let me register him. 

Do I have to wait until September to see the booking of my children? We can’t be the only family that has children in a different cabin!

We have traveled on other cruises lines with the children in a separate cabin and I have never had this problem - I just can’t imagine that Princess wouldn’t have a way to work around this.

Thanks and I look forward to your replies.

51 minutes ago, KatiebelleCruiser said:

Hello all,

hope you can help me as my travel agent has been useless.

I am not new to Princess but this is the first cruise where I have sailed with the whole family in multiple cabins. In December this year I am travelling with my mother in one cabin and my 3 children in a second and my husband and I in the third and I want to access all the bookings but I can only access my own. My family relies on me to fill out alll the info, book excursions and organise the drinks packages etc. 

I have sorted out my mother’s booking as I have registered her under a different email but I cannot do that with my children as my eldest doesn’t turn 18 until September and it will not let me register him. 

Do I have to wait until September to see the booking of my children? We can’t be the only family that has children in a different cabin!

We have traveled on other cruises lines with the children in a separate cabin and I have never had this problem - I just can’t imagine that Princess wouldn’t have a way to work around this.

Thanks and I look forward to your replies.

How was to room booked, by the TA?

If so, you may need to talk to a supervisor at Princess maybe with the TA on the line. In theory, you should be able to log into the booking with the confirmation number.

Years ago we did something similar, but our son dropped out before we did any tour planning. As such, we never tried to access the info online.

I just returned from a cruise and did the personalizer for the other cabin.  You will need their full name, birthdate, and booking number.  Go to Princess.com

You will see a link for booked guests. (this did not paste well....lol)

Keep in mind, that any excursions you book must be paid for upfront by credit card.  If any are canceled, they will be returned as OBC to the passenger's account (not refunded to you).

Is your mom paying a single supplement?  Why not move one of the younger kids into her room?

Access your booking without signing in

*First Name *Last Name 

*Date of Birth
Month1 Day1 Year1

*Booking Number abc

I didn't think you could have kids booked alone into a cabin?  I thought there had to be at least one adult in each cabin. But maybe if the minimum age is 18yo, and your son will be on the cruise, it was allowed.

29 minutes ago, flutprop said:

I didn't think you could have kids booked alone into a cabin?  I thought there had to be at least one adult in each cabin. But maybe if the minimum age is 18yo, and your son will be on the cruise, it was allowed.

From the Princess website:

For family groups booking multiple staterooms, the minimum age for each stateroom is 16 years of age, provided they are traveling with a parent or legal guardian.’

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I just returned from a cruise and did the personalizer for the other cabin.  You will need their full name, birthdate, and booking number.  Go to Princess.com

You will see a link for booked guests. (this did not paste well....lol)

Keep in mind, that any excursions you book must be paid for upfront by credit card.  If any are canceled, they will be returned as OBC to the passenger's account (not refunded to you).

Is your mom paying a single supplement?  Why not move one of the younger kids into her room?

Access your booking without signing in

*First Name *Last Name 

*Date of Birth

Month1 Day1 Year1

*Booking Number abc

Putting in the birthdate is where I get stuck as it refuses to accommodate anyone under 18 years and says the date is invalid.

As for my mother having her own cabin - We do love her dearly but she suffers from the worst case of verbal diarrhoea verbalising every single thought in her head. If I share a cabin with her I can usually only last about 3 days before resorting to hiding around the ship. It’s far better that she has her own room so we can all get a break from the constant chatter.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, villauk said:

I do this for our kids’ cabin. Just put in their reservation number, name etc. and you’re in. I book all their extras e.g. drink packages, tours.

I don’t have that option - on Princess.com it gives me the option to login with my email and password or register a new account where I have to put in my sons birthdate which is then not accepted because he is currently under 18

Ok - so this is a little weird. On my iPad the login menu didn’t give me the option put in the name and booking number so I thought I’d try it on my iPhone.

The option did come up on the iPhone but also with a required birthdate. I filled it in with my sons name, booking ref and the required birthdate and the birthdate went red again and it said it was invalid. 

So I thought I’d be a little sneaky and make him one year older but it says the date doesn’t match what is on file so the booking is definitely there - just no one can access it until he turns 18! 

1 hour ago, KatiebelleCruiser said:

Ok - so this is a little weird. On my iPad the login menu didn’t give me the option put in the name and booking number so I thought I’d try it on my iPhone.

The option did come up on the iPhone but also with a required birthdate. I filled it in with my sons name, booking ref and the required birthdate and the birthdate went red again and it said it was invalid. 

So I thought I’d be a little sneaky and make him one year older but it says the date doesn’t match what is on file so the booking is definitely there - just no one can access it until he turns 18! 

Ring Princess and confirm what they have on record because we have had issues previously and they changed something at their end.

Call your travel agent and make sure the reservations are linked.  

There once was a button on the personalizer to "access connected booking" or something like that.  I used that to access the kids' bookings.  DD is now 19 so I don't recall the exact details - I do recall it was a small button and I only saw it on one cruise so it may have been removed.  

Alternatively - have you tried to create captain circle accounts for them?   Way back when, I created a CC login for both of my kids.   I then used that login to their accounts.   They should have the same CC number as you and your hubby ( if you started cruising Princess together) with a different letter at the end.  Call Princess and ask for their numbers.   

Or just call Princess and keep asking to speak to someone who can actually assist you.   

4 hours ago, cruisintoddler said:

There once was a button on the personalizer to "access connected booking" or something like that.  I used that to access the kids' bookings.  DD is now 19 so I don't recall the exact details - I do recall it was a small button and I only saw it on one cruise so it may have been removed.  

•  Have had many linked bookings with a TA and without and I have never seen this option.   🤔

7 hours ago, KatiebelleCruiser said:

Putting in the birthdate is where I get stuck as it refuses to accommodate anyone under 18 years and says the date is invalid.

As for my mother having her own cabin - We do love her dearly but she suffers from the worst case of verbal diarrhoea verbalising every single thought in her head. If I share a cabin with her I can usually only last about 3 days before resorting to hiding around the ship. It’s far better that she has her own room so we can all get a break from the constant chatter.

The child that you register in your mother's cabin doesn't have to SLEEP in her cabin.

After you board, go to Passenger Services and ask for a key card to the kid's cabin. That way he/she can "live" in the kid's cabin and you won't have to pay a single supplement for your mother's cabin.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

The child that you register in your mother's cabin doesn't have to SLEEP in her cabin.

After you board, go to Passenger Services and ask for a key card to the kid's cabin. That way he/she can "live" in the kid's cabin and you won't have to pay a single supplement for your mother's cabin.

You beat me to it. We have done exactly that in the past with our son.

20 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I'm surprised that the TA didn't suggest that to avoid the single supplement for the mother's cabin.

On 4/25/2019 at 2:48 AM, KatiebelleCruiser said:

I just had this happen to me (with an older person).  Turns out that Princess and I had different birthday dates (day).  I called Princess and my travel agent.  Date was amended and I could get in.  Not sure about minors.  

On 4/25/2019 at 10:13 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

So doing this keeps Mom from paying the single supplement,  but then the OP has to pay full fare for all 3 kids instead of just two.

This is true, but she is probably paying very little for the 3rd son (3rd person in cabin) as compared to the cost of her mother's solo cabin (100% solo supplement).  She would at least save the 3rd person fare.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flutprop said:

So doing this keeps Mom from paying the single supplement,  but then the OP has to pay full fare for all 3 kids instead of just two.

With 3 in one cabin and 1 in another the fare is basically 2 full fares plus one reduced fare for cabin 1. and 2 full fares for cabin 2. A total of 4 full fares plus one reduced fare.

With 2 in each cabin you pay for 4 full fares, a savings of one reduced fare.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 5:06 AM, KatiebelleCruiser said:

'Is it actually saying that it cannot be accessed because he is under 18 or are you just assuming that is the reason.

My thought is that somehow Princess does not have the correct birthday for him in their records. Check your confirmation of the booking as it should have the date of birth on it.