Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

3 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Well Newcruiser, you just burst my bubble!  Knowing I won't be welcome in the Hideaway without serious coinage has me getting hotter under the collar.  How dare they charge money for that area?!  Never heard of such a thing on a ship before.  What other areas will they charge for onboard now?  Getting hotter by the minute!  Firstly, it cost a veritable fortune just to book this cruise and now you're telling me I don't get to avail myself of several venues onboard for that exalted price???  How can they sustain this policy?  Well we'll see in the upcoming days what occurs.  I may just challenge myself to see if we can do this cruise with NO Extra money changing hands.  I've done it before.  I may have to get obstinate!  

Definitely is a price gouge but I am sure it will sell out and they will raise the prices even further. 😞

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Knowing I won't be welcome in the Hideaway without serious coinage has me getting hotter under the collar

The $700 price tag is for the Casita's on a sea day.  Those aren't even in the The Hideaway they are in the Chill island area on deck 16.  The Hideaway is free to enter.  The only cost is for the daybeds. For my sailing, which seems to have premium prices for everything, The Hideaway daybeds are $200 on a port day and $300 for a sea day.  There is room for four people and includes bottled water and sparkling wine.  While it is not for everyone, it doesn't seem like a bad deal if lying in the sun all day is your sort of thing.

As far as the price for the Casita's goes that is too steep for my blood.  I have reserved one in the past on Navigator on a port day because I didn't plan on getting off the ship and I got it for $88.  $350 for a port day isn't worth it to me.  Day 5 is St. Thomas and I will have been there a few times by the time I get on Icon so I might have considered it.  If the price dropped by 50% maybe but at that price... nope.  

On 9/26/2023 at 11:08 AM, BecciBoo said:

Yes, they charge for Casitas on some ships, but the whole pool deck is available at your leisure.  @crewsweeper And I don't have any jets. Back off.

They are NOT charging for the area, they are just charging for the casitas and pool beds in the area.  Feel free to splash away and lie on regular deck chairs for free...

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2023 at 11:32 AM, soremekun said:

That's only $29.17 per hour.  If there are three people sharing it, it's less than $10 per hour per person!

You can also find a stranger who wants to join your family for $50 and you can see where I'm going with this.

Welcome to the family!

• Haha 1

On 9/13/2023 at 3:23 PM, Tree_skier said:

We book in D4 balcony Oct 31 2022 when the itineraries were first released for a Nov 30 2024 sailing. We got it for $2784.  A D4 balcony with this new release for exactly one year later (Nov 29 2025) is $5680

Unbelievable! I'm glad we got in when we did.

When we booked the Inaugural cruise in December we paid $3040.32 for a D2 GTY for 2 people. That was with a TA. Now on the RC website it’s $10832.52 also for 2 people. They don’t have any GTY balconies left, just the D5 category (this is for a regular balcony). Not sure what the price would be if a TA has any left. That’s a huge price difference.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2023 at 1:52 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Maybe I should offer to rent my aft balcony on deck 14 for the day

That’s cool you got one of the aft balconies. I’d buy you a drink for a tour. 😁

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1